Anybody live in Westerville?

Guest nightracer

Guest nightracer
I just went to my cousin's graduation party and they got a new house in Westerville, I like that area. I wouldn't mind living there. Anybody live out there?

Guest visualpoet
My inlaws live in Westerville. Nice area. taxes are a little high, and they always want more for the schools. Police response is great (sometimes too great, they don't have a lot to keep them busy), Uptown is a nice little walkaround and socialize area, and it's pretty well located to the shopping or whatever else you want.

Originally posted by Noob Saibot:

not anymore it was changed likea year ago or so.

It is still hard for a store to get approved for a license. Big Bear was able to due to where it was set. You won't see any bars in Westerville soon.

I live in Westerville. Just south of 270 exit. Just moved there about 1 year ago. Very nice place. The Neighbors are all cool too. They'd have to be to put up with all my trucks and hillbilly shit

Evan

Originally posted by Keyword:

Meh, if you live on Otterbein campus you can get alcohol easily ;);)

yep, i know when i lived on campus it was easy to get. i just hated having to throw it in a bag or backback to get it to my room

My g/f lives on Otterbein campus (moving back to Dublin tomorrow for the summer).

- Dry = the suckage. Sure it's easy to get booze; drive outside of Westerville

- Taxes = the suckage there

- School officials have their heads up their collective asses. If you have kids that want to play sports, expect to take it up the ass w/ barbed wire; I believe it is $460 a sport (this was just passed).

- Besides sports, school officials have no clue on how to spend money.

- Very picky about zoning stuff

Otherwise, an okay place to live, but I'd never live there.

I live off of countyline road. Nice peaceful neighborhoods. Cops are pricks, they have nothing better to do but pull over anyone that looks younger than 25.

I can think of only one place in Westerville that has their liqour liscense and it is Amore's besides the old Big Bear. Trick is, they can only sell beer and wine

Originally posted by steve:

I can think of only one place in Westerville that has their liqour liscense and it is Amore's besides the old Big Bear. Trick is, they can only sell beer and wine

I think it has a lot to do with the store being in Delaware County.