What happenned to OSU?????????

civicboy375

Ok, what in the hell happenned to OSU this weekend???? They lose to Northwestern, Northwestern?????? That doesn't even sound right. I bet this will be the year they lose to Northwestern, Indiana, and Penn State, and beat Michigan and Wisconsin. graemlins/nonono.gifgraemlins/doh.gif

What happened is they played to the level of the opposition and the opposition stepped up in the last minute.

I don't think that is the best way to play, OSU has been squeaking by every game. They need to bring the best they got, evey game or they will have many more checkmarks in the L column.

The Kicker has something like 50% of the total points scored this year, apparently OSU has no offense.

Guest Yellow4.6

What happened was OSU has NO running game has not had a running game since 02. So that makes them a one demensional team and w/ a rookie QB rookie O line some green recievers. All teams have to do is get pressure on the QB and play a zone defense and for them to throw and sit back and watch them beat themselves!

Plus we need some other plays on offense other than Ross up the middle (w/ no fullback) or air it out. How bout some screens, slants, draws, quick outs. Go for 3-5 yds a plays instead of going for the first down marker or a TD every snap.

Bunch of dumbass's..... How smart is it to roll a right handed QB to the left in the red zone and only run one running play when your on the five.

God if i didn't love them so much i'd fricken hate their guts.

Tressel is no different than Cooper, at least copper either won big or lost big.

Go Bucks

Guest DagoRcR
Originally posted by Yellow4.6:

What happened was OSU has NO running game has not had a running game since 02. So that makes them a one demensional team and w/ a rookie QB rookie O line some green recievers. All teams have to do is get pressure on the QB and play a zone defense and for them to throw and sit back and watch them beat themselves!

Plus we need some other plays on offense other than Ross up the middle (w/ no fullback) or air it out. How bout some screens, slants, draws, quick outs. Go for 3-5 yds a plays instead of going for the first down marker or a TD every snap.

Bunch of dumbass's..... How smart is it to roll a right handed QB to the left in the red zone and only run one running play when your on the five.

God if i didn't love them so much i'd fricken hate their guts.

Tressel is no different than Cooper, at least copper either won big or lost big.

Go Bucks

Nothing like a fair weather fan.

OSU has had some pressure on them due to their previous rankings, many people have understood this even Jim Tressel himself.

I thought Pittman did an excellent job, he looks like he has a promising future with us, if he can bust through that line like he did @Northwestern, I think he should play running back.

Another thing that I noticed was watching Zwick break away after the pocket collapsed. A couple of times he pulled a "Krenzel" and broke off for a run, and actually got some sound yardage. But other times he stood there like Johnny Go Nowhere, and either took the hit, or attempted to pass.

I think Zwick will do better, but he is gonna have to learn and learn fast.

I think that we need to come up with a more dynamic offense, things just don't seem to be working on that side of the ball.

Branden Joe, glad to see the FB back in the game, and if they let him have the ball more often, I know that they will get those 3-5 yard plays. He runs like a freakin freight train. But one thing he seemed to be lacking this game was the ability to block. I can count two times that the pressure related to Zwick was a direct effect of the FB missing the block, or at least giving up.

Guest PiNk 240 GirL

im a OSU fan, and when i got word that they lost to northwestern... i was one pissed off bitch.

next week is a whole different week, i hope they have put that loss behind them, and hopefully they'll be ready to play!

Originally posted by Cone Smasher:

I thought Pittman did an excellent job, he looks like he has a promising future with us, if he can bust through that line like he did @Northwestern, I think he should play running back.

I couldn't agree more. Did you notice that they ran Ross for one or two plays in the 1st quarter and as usual he gained nothing and then was benched? Pittman came in and put up some yards for a change, but the passing game just wasn't there until the 4th quarter, then they blew the OT play. I hope to see much much more of Pittman. He can get through the holes. Ross can't.

Originally posted by PiNk 240 GirL:

im a OSU fan, and when i got word that they lost to northwestern... i was one pissed off bitch.

next week is a whole different week, i hope they have put that loss behind them, and hopefully they'll be ready to play!

Be glad you weren't watching it. smile.gif Hopefully they can regroup. I'd rather see them play horribly one game like this past Saturday and get beaten just enough to rub their noses in it and hope they regroup. I do not want to see them lose to the big dogs.

Definitely, the play calling sucked...we have no running game at all. I think the opposing team is going to know our ONE running play. I hate that about OSU, They always try just to play a little bit better. They never go out and just stick it to the other team, they just play a touch better to try and win and Northwestern stepped up and shoved it down thier throats. Also, Justin Zwick throws the football like a girl. I never once saw a nice tight spiral from that boy, he just threw limp wristed floaters.Pretty much every pass he threw, the recievers had to work for it more than what they should.

Zwick sucked throughout most of the game, he stepped up on their last scoring drive to tie the game, he was throwing bullets to the receivers...too little too late. although it isn't always his fault, you can't throw it when there is no receiver getting open, but it also makes it even harder when you only throw it to Holmes.

i wish they hadn't lost to an unranked team, but honestly we do not belong in the top 10. teams kept losing and we kept moving up the BCS but we didn't need to be there...i think we might be a mid-high teens BCS is wehere we belong.

and no biggie, we still have a chance to make a bowl game, but the 2 hardest games in my opinion have yet to happen...Wisconsin and Purdue. if we lose then all we have left is Michigan, and who knows what will happen by then.

i'm going to be a UGA fan this year smile.gif

Originally posted by BDHG940:

OSU is a young team next year they'll be a lot better

+1

We have two outstanding years and now everybody wants to panic when we lose a game to somebody like Northwestern. These are not the Buckeyes of the past two years. I think they'll get there, but you can't expect to lose as many senoirs as we have and mantain the level of play.

Originally posted by O'Rourke:

+1

We have two outstanding years and now everybody wants to panic when we lose a game to somebody like Northwestern. These are not the Buckeyes of the past two years. I think they'll get there, but you can't expect to lose as many senoirs as we have and mantain the level of play.

I agree

yeah if you can't forgive the fact new teams need a learning curve you need to get outta the whole college football scene:/

As long as they keep playing and learning from their mistakes, I feel confident that next year they'll beat on some people. Go bucks.

T.c.

OSU has a really good team, they just need some more play time to be on the level of last year's bucks. They really need to bring their best every game too or I will continue to laugh when I hear that they lost in the last quarter. They bring that on themselves. I expected Zwick to be playing better by now than he is, if he can't even throw a good spiral to his recievers then he needs benched.

I agree, if Zwick can't do the job, lets see if Troy Smith can. We already lost to Northwestern (just the sound of that makes me want to throw up), so why not? Also, what about some variety in the play calling??? Even if Zwick stays in at QB, let Smith get in there and run some reverse's, play some reciever, do SOMETHING DIFFERENT. And what about Branden Joe and the freshman, Pittman? When they have been given the ball, they seem to run well. I understand the loyalty to the seniors, but come on now. When a team, like OSU, loses to a team like Northwestern for the first time since 1972, it's time for change.

OSU might, "might" beat Iowa this weekend and Indiana in a few weeks, although Indiana did give Northwestern a tough game. I'm not going to be totally surprised if they either #1, beat Purdue, or #2, beat Michigan. That just seems to be what OSU does. They get there asses kicked by teams like Northwestern and Wisconsin and then beat a quality team like Purdue or possibly Michigan. I doubt they'll be in a bowl game this year though.