Six years ago today...

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Six years ago today, a very good childhood friend of mine died in a freak accident. I’m not asking for anyone’s grievances, just wondering if anyone here remembers it. He died after getting hit in the chest with a baseball, the incident occurred at NCAA on Rt. 3. Apparently, if I remember correct, the odds of your heart getting shut down if your chest is impacted, is 1/1000th of a second. (While your heart is charging up for its next beat, or something?)

I was up to bat next. :(

-Dan

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by 151:

Jesus, I remember that... that's what started the rash of people wearing heart protectors. Sorry to hear it, man.

<font color ="midnightblue"> What the hell is a heart protector??

Guest DagoRcR
Originally posted by Folkvang:

<font color ="midnightblue"> What the hell is a heart protector??

http://sportsfanoutlet.com/images_cat_sportinggoods/1001723_l.jpghttp://www.baseballwarehouse.com/mmBW/Images/phs2_s.jpg

Guest SweeeetSilvia
Originally posted by MadMalibu:

I remember, my mom is a nurse, and one of her nurse friends rushed to the field and tried to resesitate him right? My mom had a hard time letting me play ball after that...

-Marc

Correct, as well as his Dad Dave who was chosen to be the third base coach for the game. They had a helicopter land and lifeflight him to childrens hospital. I remember when the news people got to the field, I threw a baseball at there vehicle.