People that owe on taxes sign in.

04r1

Yup, I owe a net of $71. Owe $253 federal and get back $182 state. That's not horrible, but I've always gotten money back up until this year. I got almost a grand last year, this is a big change. Granted, it's the first time I've ever worked all of the way through they year at the same pay rate.

My parents owe ~$2k on their federal return, haven't done the state yet. They have two less dependents this year (me and my brother), only have my sister left as a dependent. Sucks to be them. My dad claimed 0 the whole year, and my mom only claimed 1 on Federal. The most messed up thing about them owing that much is they get charged a penalty for owing so much. It's only a few bucks, but still, talk about rubbing salt into the wound.

Try being married and making money. We have a house and still get it. I couldn't image if we had to take the standard deduction. For state if you are married, file separately. The Ohio tax code is a mess and I figured out that we would have paid like $600 if we filed together, but get like $81 back if we file separately.

I'm getting a refund from both fed. and state. But this year in addition to local Johnstown tax, I also owe a 1% school tax. The worst part about is that if I had kids, I would pay less to the schools than I am paying now.

Bring on the FLAT TAX!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Have them take more taxes out. smile.gif

I could, but part of it stems from the money I make on the side, doing 1099 work. Fortunately, I just set a certain percentage aside when I get paid from it... smile.gif

We had to file seperately to come out in the good. I owe the feds 252, shes getting back 850. Filing married together we would only get back like 150 bucks. Not having the school credit sucks a donkey dick. I will next year, not like it matters considering the price of tuition at devry.

Guest RdHondaSi
We owe another $5500 to federal and $1700 to the state. Our exemptions are correct, just made quite a bit more this year. At least they didn't stick us with any penalties....