How many boat owners do we have here?!

Guest racinbird

Guest racinbird

What do you have and where do you go?

Ive got a 97 23ft Baja , go to alum and put-in-bay area mostly. Cumberland a couple times a year.

Its for sale!!

89 Sea Ray 160, Bowrider, 130HP Mercruiser I/O, Alpha 1 outdrive.

Sadly, it hasn't ran in a while. 2 pistons w/ holes in them killed the motor. Block also has a crack in an external water jacket, which is my biggest problem, as getting a good block for these motors is next to impossible (GM still sells this motor brand new in crate form, but doesn't sell bare blocks :rolleyes: ).

When it ran, took it to Alum and have taken it to Cumberland. It will pull be up on Slalom, which is what's important to me. The boat is definately in good shape for its age!

With any luck, I might actually have it out on the water this summer. Should be cake once the motor is put back together, as it only took an hour start to finish to fully pull it out of the boat. But gotta replace the motor on the tow vehicle before working on it. :rolleyes:

12' sailing yacht. Zuma 12

http://www.sailingtexas.com/piczumaea.jpg

130 lbs and 65 sail sq ft of wind harnessing power. I can have fun on pretty much any inland lake....but I hate wasting my time on ohio puddles. I look forward to lake Huron in the summer, open water, and much less stress. Too many idiots in too many water craft for my taste down here.

Qestion for those of you with 16 feet or more of keel here in ohio;

What do you have to know to get from the dealership to the water? Any kind of classes at all? I've honnestly see some of the stupidest, most clues operators on the planet right in my back yard[/] at alum creek.

My dad has owned a boat/boats since before I was born, He currently sports a 28' Bayliner hardtop. I'm glad I was raised in a boating family, now I know it's better to know someone that has a boat than to own one yourself ;)

Originally posted by Tinman:

My dad has owned a boat/boats since before I was born, He currently sports a 28' Bayliner hardtop. I'm glad I was raised in a boating family, now I know it's better to know someone that has a boat than to own one yourself ;)

In ohio, yeah. ;) Long trips on open water own, know anyone that will let you borrow a boat for a few weeks at a time? ;)

Originally posted by Tinman:

now I know it's better to know someone that has a boat than to own one yourself ;)

Honestly, other than my motor letting go unexpectedly (sadly, not the only piece of machinery I've had that happen to), I'd totally disagree with that. Before that, it was nickel and dime stuff; normal maintance associated w/ any motorized transportation, an alternator, and a battery due to that bad alternator. I love owning a boat, just this motor thing really set me back. :(

I have a sweet ass 1977 somerset, 21ft 77 corvette 350 I/O. Mainly go to Delaware Dam just cause its really close for me, but we sometimes go to Alum. This thing is pimp titties, After we put in new main beams, new motor, and all new interior. Bring Out Another Thousand!! We should have a CR boat meet sometime at Alum

Originally posted by gergwheel:

I have a sweet ass 1977 somerset, 21ft 77 corvette 350 I/O. Mainly go to Delaware Dam just cause its really close for me, but we sometimes go to Alum. This thing is pimp titties, After we put in new main beams, new motor, and all new interior. Bring Out Another Thousand!! We should have a CR boat meet sometime at Alum

BEER BOTTLE BROWN BITCH!

This is the best boat ever.

Originally posted by Orion:

reading this thread makes me wish jack b. was still around.

hehehehe

Originally posted by malibu stacy:

Whens the last time you were away on a boat for a few weeks?

-Marc

Long before you had the privilage of knowing me. ;) Hell, I'd spend a week on the Great Lakes in the wee sailboat if I had the time. ;)

Guest racinbird
Originally posted by CamaroAJ:

1992 Rinker 2 something or other 23.5 ft. 454 chevy 4 inch side exit pipes, brovo III. it does 60 but i want more

Is it yellow?

Guest racinbird
Originally posted by gergwheel:

Ill be up for a meet anytime on ALum once it gets nicer out!! So whats that boat run, sounds like a low profile smooth water boat?

nope its white with an american flag type deal on the side, its my dads boat but i'm about the only one that takes it out, we're always by the tree swing or tubein, just look for the dumbasses doing 55 with a tuber behind the boat

Guest racinbird

just checking, I remember seeing a yellow side

exhaust 23ft rinker on alum.

My boat pic is in my sig, Its the really loud baja 232 boss running around. Built 502ci with headers straight out the back smile.gif if I can afford the gas bill, 74 gallons of premium

Originally posted by Volvolution:

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/Products/SportBoats/images/42L_800a.jpg

42ft...twin 900SC engines... 110+mph.

You picked a boat that's only good at going in a straight line, it's the Super Bee of boats. Besides, thats not a lightning, this is a Lightning:

http://www.malkia.com/Home_Page_tiedostot/Photo_tiedostot/Lightning7.jpgclicky

When I need a boat that can only be used on calm water, and can't go 20 clicks on plane without refueling, I'll consider a cigarette boat. I can afford my boat, can you afford that'n?

Men sail, son, its that simple. I make power with my hands.

Meet up sounds good.

Derek, I thought you had died or something, you just one day disappeared.

Now here is a boat-

http://www.totalmarineperformance.com/images/Dsc00026.jpg

I drove her too smile.gif

And the yellow rinker, Bill is his first name, and he lives out near Buckeye Lake.

Guest racinbird

Nah, just stopped going to Hilsinger. I read it every now and then but dont really reply much.

I had no idea you were here until Nigel said you saw my boat for sale, then figured you saw it here.

Wheres the pic of your red baja?

Guest racinbird
Originally posted by fzr600:

I got a 96 wave raider 700. Usually go to alum or lake erie. Anyone else got a wave runner?

A buddy of mine has three of them.