DVR: Don't have it? GET IT!

excell

This is only for people that have digital cable. If you are still using analog cable, you should go shoot and/or hang yourself right now because you are a stupid waste of my air. Quit using the resources that the rest of the civilized world needs. You are the cause of global warming, fuel shortages, OPEC, low carb diets, class D fireworks, and North Korea. Kill yourself.

Anyway, if you have digital cable and don’t have DVR, then you are only one step above fly larva. Get it. It’s only $7 a month, so lay off the phone sex lines for 10 minutes and get DVR.

Now PayPal me $10 for making your life more enjoyable.

Originally posted by Wease:

If you just got DVR, you should PayPal me $10 for not having it sooner... ;)

Naw, I've had it. But 9 out of 10 people I tell about it say "Huh? What's a DVR?" Then I have to kick them in the colon for being so stupid. So I'm spreading the word to save on shoe wear.

Scientific Atlanta 8000HD High-Def 160GB DVR here. :D Free as part of being a WOW employee of course, with all the HD channels, all the premiums, etc. smile.gif

I'm sure glad I have the 160GB version (standard 8000's are only avaiable in 80GB, HD's are 80 and 160); I have no problem filling that up with all of the movies I record. The HD boxes also come w/ optical digital outputs along with coaxial digital outputs; the standard 8000's don't have the optical output.

That said, analog service w/ the DVR isn't such a bad deal. You don't get the basic digital package, which I never watch anyway. You still get all the digital PPV's, Music Choice, and if you order a premium, you get all of the digital premium channels. It works out to your favor in some cases, as long as you don't want Starz, as that's free w/ our digital service.

IMO, the HD service isn't really worth the extra money in many cases, except for the 16:9 display of movies. But hey, if it is free, damn straight I'm going to have it. :D

A little info many of you may not know about DVR boxes. Many people would think that analog channels would take less space than the digital channels, but that's not the case. The DVR doesn't compress the video as well as the digital channels are compressed at the head end = analog channels take up approx. twice the space of the digital channels. Now HD programming takes a huge amount of space, something like 4x the space of a standard digital broadcast if I recall correctly.

Originally posted by zeitgeist57:

You still suck ass. TiVo owns all. DVR just WANTS to be like TiVo.

(BTW, just for safe measure, I've got a TiVo upstairs and Time-Warner DVR in my big screen downstairs.) :D

+1

I've got a web interface for it too. :D