Hocking Hills Ride - Saturday July 19th

Casper

Are you going on the Hocking Hills ride on 7/19/08??  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going on the Hocking Hills ride on 7/19/08??

Just wanted to add the fact that it took me 20 minutes to get to Grant from New Lexington, and 45 minutes to figure out that he was at OSU because the hospital called him John Doe, since they couldn't find his ID and Med Flight had to sedate him to calm him down...

See Ben told me he went to grant. He was worried about you too. When they turned around to find the missing riders he never found you! I guess you took a different way to the ice cream place?

Glad bill is alright as well...

I guess the first thing out of his mouth went he came to was "looks like I'm not riding home after this one!"

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took very few pictures, but will post what I have.

Nick taking pictures of the bikes. My wife always asks why we do this and I have no good answer for her....

IMG_0381Medium.jpg

Bikes at Jimbo's...

IMG_0384Medium.jpg

IMG_0383Medium.jpg

Nothing but the finest for Ohio Riders, Jimbos...

IMG_0382Medium.jpg

The place was like a cave on the inside; no windows and very dark. I kinda liked it considering it was so bright and hot outside...

IMG_0387Medium.jpg

IMG_0386Medium.jpg

IMG_0388Medium.jpg

IMG_0389Medium.jpg

IMG_0385Medium.jpg

Tried to shoot these without flash and didn't have a lot of success. Oh well.

Last shot. From teh Chauncy, Ohio Marathon station. I was so freakin' hot at this point that I just wanted to get back home....

IMG_0391Medium.jpg

We ripped up 78 and saw what was left of our group at 78 & 37 - waiting on word about the downed riders. After speaking to Satan for a bit on phone, we decided to hump it back to Zanesville on Route 60.

All in all, it was a fun ride with some good people. Hope to meet more of you next trip!

Eric

See Ben told me he went to grant. He was worried about you too. When they turned around to find the missing riders he never found you! I guess you took a different way to the ice cream place?

I guess the first thing out of his mouth went he came to was "looks like I'm not riding home after this one!"

They were suppose to take him to Grant but I guess there were 8 Med Flights all at the same time... Anyhow, the second Cat Scan came back pretty good. He is still in ICU for examination, but looks like it's only bruising on his brain in the front, and there isn't any bleeding yet.. If all goes well he should be released by the end of the week with a broken bone/s in his foot, some rashes and cuts, and one hell of an entire body ache!

I'll post with more news tonight as it happens when I get back later tonight. He's a strong dude, and will pull through this, I have faith...

And yes, I ended up taking a different route to Dairy Queen because when I held up traffic in Nelsonville I got stuck behind traffic and couldn't catch up and got lost. I was completely accidental that I was stopped at Dairy Queen when everyone pulled up. It was my best guess as to where everyone was meeting at. Hell, I thought everyone had already left!

Good to hear about that about him.

From my understanding, Grant is the #1 trauma hospital in Ohio so everyone tries to go there. But they have to split it on incoming to like 2 to Grant, 1 to OSU, 1 to Riverside I believe so they don't get flooded with people.

They were suppose to take him to Grant but I guess there were 8 Med Flights all at the same time... Anyhow, the second Cat Scan came back pretty good. He is still in ICU for examination, but looks like it's only bruising on his brain in the front, and there isn't any bleeding yet.. If all goes well he should be released by the end of the week with a broken bone/s in his foot, some rashes and cuts, and one hell of an entire body ache!

I'll post with more news tonight as it happens when I get back later tonight. He's a strong dude, and will pull through this, I have faith...

That is great to hear. Again tonight he is in our prays and hope he is released soon.

I just got back from OSU and they have determined that Jason should make a full recovery. They just took the Trach tube out last night and took him off of pain meds to try and get him to wake up. He still has a neck brace on, but only because he's being irretable and won't cooporate with the neuro surgeon.. Hopefully by the end of the day he will be in a downgraded room and moving around. So it's all good news at this point, and once again the helmet saved his life! I promise I'll being wearing mine more often! haha

Awesome to hear. Just from seeing the bike I'm really glad to hear this. It looked like it could have been a lot worse.

Also really glad to hear you are going to wear your helmet now! So important, maybe you'll buy a jacket now too.

I actually have a jacket, but for some reason I didn't wear it. I actually thought that having that many bikes we would be riding really slow and in a large group and it would not be needed... I was definitly wrong!

I just got back from OSU and they have determined that Jason should make a full recovery. They just took the Trach tube out last night and took him off of pain meds to try and get him to wake up. He still has a neck brace on, but only because he's being irretable and won't cooporate with the neuro surgeon.. Hopefully by the end of the day he will be in a downgraded room and moving around. So it's all good news at this point, and once again the helmet saved his life! I promise I'll being wearing mine more often! haha
Awesome to hear. Just from seeing the bike I'm really glad to hear this. It looked like it could have been a lot worse.

Also really glad to hear you are going to wear your helmet now! So important, maybe you'll buy a jacket now too.

Seriously Ousley, you need to wear gear. Your buddy went through a barbed-wire fence. Think how that would've felt without a jacket on!!! I'm really glad to hear he's doing so well. Like Dustin said, having seen the bike I was expecting much worse than this. This is why I constantly preach safe riding, and riding within your skill level.

I have pictures of the wreck. Is it okay if I post them?