Anyone know where to find some good racing forums?

Mensan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its cool dipshit, cause its funny Marc called me and my buddy when we were at Tinmans house, and he asked us what we thought could be wrong, well its carbed, so its pretty fucking easy, timing, and fuel; funny thing is we told Marc it was way out of time, and shit we didnt even have to look at the fucking car, guess we dont know anything. :(

And my 240 has zero to do with anything, but since you brought it up I will go with it. Does anything in your drive way run (NO), wait all I saw the large amounts of shit in front of your house which, ZERO of it runs, so I sapose poking a joke about someones car that dosent run seems in order. You fucking cock smooch.

Also your a fucking idiot, no way in hell can you go 6's for 25,000 grand, if so make some history then, and prove the big money wrong. graemlins/slap.gif

And better yet you should take your worthless ass else where, and your all knowing wisdom with you; better yet go read some more internet storys about fast cars, and things you can not comprehend,(only repeat) and have some wet dreams.

Originally posted by Aggressor:

Ok, who helped you pull the front of the engine off and then dropped the distributor correctly for factory timing?

tongue.gif

Rick? :confused:

No wait, he was the one that decided to give the distributor cap a twist in the first place, resulting in us needing Desperado's help.

I remember out here in my driveway pulling about 30 degrees of timeing out of the think because it would hardly start, then putting the original jets in needed back in it so it wasn't getting a lean misfire. I don't remember you being out here for that. As far as the car idling, with a 305H cam, which is what I was told was in it that night at Anthony's, the carb needs modified by drilling a small hole in both primary butterflys in the carb so that you don't have to crank the primary side open as far to get a stable idle out of it. the duration and overlap of the cam creates basically no fucking vacuum. Dave attempted to get more vacuum in the motor by advancing the timing, which will do it, broblem is that 60 degrees on a Chevy motor is gonna cause serious detonation with a factory head of any kind under a carb. Doing it the way it is now, with the idle turned way the hell up on the butterflys it exposes too much of the idle transfer circuit and it bogs under part throttle accleration because the transfer circuit is not doing it's job.

As far as timing, I heard that you pulled the front cover off the motor. I guess that's one way of finding TDC on the motor. As far as it being 1 or 2 teeth off, let me come over and put it 180 out and move all the plug wires. It will still run exactly the same. The direction that the rotor is pointing for number one is irrelivant as long as it's pointing at the right plug when it's trying to fire that cylinder. The firing order is alway the same. I know guys that point it straight back, I seen some that point it straight foward. It don't matter where you put number one as long as you wire it right.

I guess that since you know so fucking much, and your Marc friend there Brandon, why didn't YOU fix his car, since obviously I know nothing about it and you knew EXACTLY what was wrong?

Doug, the truck is a ladder bar setup.

John, try looking it up, seems that is really the way it's spelled.

[ 16. July 2005, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: desperado ]

Originally posted by desperado:

[QB]

I guess that since you know so fucking much, and your Marc friend there Brandon, why didn't YOU fix his car, since obviously I know nothing about it and you knew EXACTLY what was wrong?

Doug, the truck is a ladder bar setup.

[QB]

We were asked what was wrong, and we made the correct answer. Its that simple, no rocket science. As for me not fixing it, well thats Marcs job, and he got enough help to get it done, good for Marc.

But its cool Keith, you STILL have nothing that runs.

Really, tell yeah what, you can come take a ride in my Camaro that don't run any time you want and better yet, lets see who's other non-running project gets running first, your 240 and my S-10.

You're just doing a simple motor swap. I still need to finish the interior, mount all the pedals, put in a motor, wire it from front to back, since ther is no wiring in it at all right now. Put in a rear wall, rear glass, setup the suspension, install a shifter, and about adozen other things. It's almost not fair on my part, but I am game if you are. I do have some title issues to work out, so I can't say tagged and on the street, just running on it's own power and able to stop and turn, oh and legal to make a pass down the track at Pacemakers, you game????