smoke free columbus

street pilot

Originally posted by Cone Smasher:

Voted NO on smoking ban and am a smoker

I feel that the issue needs amendment.

-Smoking in restaurants should not be allowed, I agree, kids should be our first priority, their health and safety are our future.

-Smoking in a bar should be allowed, they just go together

-Smoking at a workplace, should be allowed, but buisnesses should provide a certain "area" that does not affect non-smokers, and the buisnesses should provide a delegated area for those smokers & non-smokers alike.

Remember, smoking is a Priveldge... with that being said... why should your company pay you to sit outside or a break area goofing off while the non-smokers don't get to do that... heck, that's half the reason why I smoked.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Vaccum Leaking V6:

Remember, smoking is a Priveldge... with that being said... why should your company pay you to sit outside or a break area goofing off while the non-smokers don't get to do that... heck, that's half the reason why I smoked.

So what you are saying is...non smokers don't get breaks?

Originally posted by copperhead:

So what you are saying is...non smokers don't get breaks?

I deffinately don't get breaks like I used to when I smoked... when I smoked I would say, "I need a cig" and they would be like... cool... now if I say, "hey, I want to relax for a min..." or something like that, it's looked down upon... I just think it's kinda stupid.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

I am a smoker but can see both sides of the issue. Imagine if there were smelly people and non-smelly people sections to sit at in a restaraunt.. whether they sat near you or not, wouldn't you vote to have the smelly people go away too?

graemlins/thatfunny.gif

The smokers have no right to smoke in a restraunt.

Non-smokers have no right to clean air in a resturaunt they CHOOSE to go to.

the only "Rights" violated are the buisness owners.

Conemashers point:

-Smoking in restaurants should not be allowed, I agree, kids should be our first priority, their health and safety are our future.

if kids are the first priority, then why not fine or jail smokers who smoke in thier homes with kids?

Sorry folks, there is NO placew in the constitution that says you have the right to eat at Applebee's or The Outback without smoking. But as a responcable adult you can CHOOSE to eat at applebee's because there is not smoking, not because the government told them they couldn't, because they made a buisness decision.

Originally posted by Republicant:

I have a serious question for you smokers: Why do you smoke?

You smoke when you drink asshole. Ive bumed them to you graemlins/slap.gif

Wait until you are 21 and can go to the bars to drink. And you wont be able to have a smoke with your beer. You'll hate it.

-Marc

<font color =red>So everyone here who was bitching about clean air, precious lungs, second hand smoke kills, and so on....

Will your cars pass e-check? Do you have stock catalytic converters on your vehicles? O2 sensors that are in good shape?

I hope so, because if not, that is pretty lame, and makes you quite the hypocrite. Pollution is a much bigger problem than smoking in a bar.

anyone have the balls to admit guilt? graemlins/nonono.gif

Originally posted by Innocuous:

<font color =red>So everyone here who was bitching about clean air, precious lungs, second hand smoke kills, and so on....

Will your cars pass e-check? Do you have stock catalytic converters on your vehicles? O2 sensors that are in good shape?

I hope so, because if not, that is pretty lame, and makes you quite the hypocrite. Pollution is a much bigger problem than smoking in a bar.

Nope car won't pass,,but I don't run my car in a closed space like a bar. I don't smoke and have the right not to stink like a ashtray after going to a bar. You can smoke all you want OUTSIDE!!!

Its about common courtesy, just because you enjoy doing something doesn't mean that everyone should have to deal with the side effects. If people had the slightest bit of common courtesy to go outside and smoke if its something they enjoy that much then the MAJORITY wouldn't have to step in and make a ban like this.

I'm all for civil liberties, but I also believe that people should have a certain amount of respect for others, which they generally don't have (mainly because people are idiots).

I should have to leave somewhere because of someone else's habit. Thats like saying that if someone doesn't like us street racing then they should stay off the street. Pure ignorance.

Its kinda pointless to argue about it because obviously the majority feel the same way I do. Thank god for democracy.

Rob

Originally posted by Innocuous:

Its a shame you are wrong. 2% of the cars create 90% of the pollution. Are those cars the modified cars with no cats? Nope, they are the old smoking jallopies you see driving down the road. The cars that shouldnt be on the road because of emmissions you can generally point out while driving.

Beyond that its a different situation, if my car doesnt have cats, its not bothering you while you're eating dinner or trying to hang out at a bar or club. If I drive by you on the road and you cough and have to take a shower and wash your clothes when you get home because they smell like exhaust then you have a point, but thats not the case.

And yes, my tailpipe emissions would be within spec.

Originally posted by rl:

I should have to leave somewhere because of someone else's habit. Thats like saying that if someone doesn't like us street racing then they should stay off the street. Pure ignorance.

Its kinda pointless to argue about it because obviously the majority feel the same way I do. Thank god for democracy.

Rob

Street racing is extremely illegal due to the extreme dangers involved in it for the other cars. yes second hand smoke COULD kill you in the long run, but if we are out street racing then we could kill someone instantly and get charged for murder. if someone dies from SHS do they go to all the people that they knew that smoked and charge them with murder??

Rob you are an idiot and aparently so is the majority! tongue.gif

Originally posted by rl:

If I drive by you on the road and you cough and have to take a shower and wash your clothes when you get home because they smell like exhaust then you have a point, but thats not the case.

so rob should burnouts at the track be illegal? sometimes i will leave the track and my clothes will reek of rubber and that smoke cant be healthly either

Originally posted by gergwheel:

Street racing is extremely illegal due to the extreme dangers involved in it for the other cars.

Extremely dangerous? What 30 people a year get killed from street racing accidents? How many people a year get killed from second hand smoke greg?

yes second hand smoke COULD kill you in the long run, but if we are out street racing then we could kill someone instantly and get charged for murder. If someone dies from SHS do they go to all the people that they knew that smoked and charge them with murder??

Whats the difference you die in the end! People have sued, successfully, tabbaco companies, haven't they? I'm not going to go as far as saying smokers should be charged with murder, but take a waitress for example, it would be like she got in thousands of little fender benders from street racers that eventually killed her.

Rob you are an idiot and aparently so is the majority! tongue.gif
Your only motive is supporting something that you are addicted to, with no regard for anyone else.

Originally posted by gergwheel:

so rob should burnouts at the track be illegal? sometimes i will leave the track and my clothes will reek of rubber and that smoke cant be healthly either

Did ya smoke yourself stupid greg?

Complaining about going to a RACE TRACK and smelling like TIRE SMOKE would be like going to a SMOKING ROOM, were all people do is smoke and smokers are the majority, and complain about smelling of smoke. You willfully go to the race track knowing that you will breath in tire smoke and that's your choice to do so, the purpose of going is to see that. When I go to a bar it is not my intent to suck in other peoples smoke all night, the purpose of the bar is not for people to go smoke there, my purpose is not to watch people smoke.

In closing, I'm rubbing my nuts all over your keyboard right now.

Yes, YOU respect other people, thats awesome, if EVERYONE thought like you then guess what? IT WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM!

When sally mc-fatass sits next to me at a bar and smokes a pack of cigarettes with no regard for anyone around her thats god damn rude.

actually marc i just turned 21 and i love going to the bar and getting shitfaced and NOT smoking. and now i'll be happier with no one else smoking. :D

what would you know ur not even 21 yet...street light. ;)

Smoking is one of those things that divides liberals and conservatives alike...

In the liberal camp, you have the "rights" people who don't want their right to smoke infringed upon versus the "health" liberals (Pacific northwest types) for whom healthy living is a near-religious mandate.

In the conservative camp, you have Christians who believe smoking is sinful because it harms your body, a gift from God that should be treated well, versus rednecks, hilljacks, cowboys, etc.

fuck it, non smokers are a bunch of crying ass little girls, "I don't want to smell like smoke" then sit YOUR ass inside your own smoke free home and fucking deal with it. if you don't want smell smoke when you eat, then eat at fucking home where there is no smoke aside from the dinner you burned. that is all.

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

fuck it, non smokers are a bunch of crying ass little girls, "I don't want to smell like smoke" then sit YOUR ass inside your own smoke free home and fucking deal with it. if you don't want smell smoke when you eat, then eat at fucking home where there is no smoke aside from the dinner you burned. that is all.

WWHHAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!! Can you say selfish little crybaby!!! Sometimes you just have to suck it up and deal with the facts,,,,the majority doen't want to deal with the smoke and smell. Sorry but you'll just have to go outside. Have you been to the beach lately????

Originally posted by rarest truck on CR:

So what your saying is the majority should give up their social lives because drug addicts like yourself want to enjoy an evening killing themselves and ultimately others? Fuck that shit. YOU take your ass home and leave that stupid shit there. graemlins/nonono.gif