Abercrombie, anyone work there?

Akula

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Ricochet:

If somebody pays $70 for a shirt, and you pay $2 for one exactly like it, why does it bother you that you are now $68 richer than them?

It represents the lack of common sense that permeates our society. Paying too much for something with no advantages over a cheaper, more accessible equivalent product is just plain stupid.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Veritas:

what boggles my mind is how much the media can make someone think that xx is cooler then xx which came out a few days prior to x. That whole thing just perplexes.

Exactly. The phenomenon isn't unique to rich people. Air Jordans might be some of the least-durable, ugliest shoes on earth, but they sell because they're expensive and a new style or color comes out every two weeks. People need to understand that, in order to have style, you must lead, not follow.

Originally posted by The Anti-Role Model:

It represents the lack of common sense that permeates our society. Paying too much for something with no advantages over a cheaper, more accessible equivalent product is just plain stupid.

hardly the cloths at abercrombie is much better quality then what you will find for 2 bucks. I know that is a example and a very exagerated one at that but still. Some people including myself dont mind spending the money to get the more "expensive" cloths. Why it bothers people so much at times that some people want to spend more is beyond me. When i buy a shirt for 30 or even 70 bucks it doesnt come out of your bank account so why the hell do you care and does it bother you so much? Most of you are alot older then me and you grew up in different times. Stop bitchen about the price no one makes you pay for it. So there is no reason for anyone to say its to much.

Like it's been said before, what difference does it make if some one chooses to pay $x for a shirt when the same shirt be had for $y less?

People can spend their money however they want. It may not make sense to you, but what does it matter? If buying clothes at Goodwill is your thing, that's great. If someone wants to drop $70 on a shirt, more power to them.

Personally, I don't think I could buy clothes from a thrift store knowing that someone else was wearing those things before I was. That's just the way I feel.

I guess some people might think we're crazy for what we pay for modifying our cars. We spend hundreds or thousands a year replacing perfectly good parts on our cars just to go faster or look better. We all have our vices. I'll leave expensive clothes to the women though, I'll blow my money on HP.

Originally posted by The Anti-Role Model:

So then you aren't familiar with the theory of Trickle down economics? Jack, you have the potential to debate well, but your arguments are contrary to each other. It would seem you only want to complain.