bike alarm?

cptn janks

ok so im sitting in the living room playing x box around 11:30 tonight. i got the window open and outside in the street i hear what sounds like breaking glass... my one neighbors car got stolen, and 2 others have been broken into, so every time i hear something i check it out.

so i get up and open the door and MY BIKE IS LYING ON THE GROUND and a car is speeding away... :mad::mad: :mad: didnt really get a good look at the car at all unfortunatley. by the time i got outside it was already way down the street.

so i dunno if they were trying to steal it or just fucking with it or what? i have a wheel lock on it, and it will roll maybe about a foot before it stops. i thinkthey tried to roll it away, then it hit the lock and fell over... too bad it didnt fall on top of the asshole... so now its 4 am and im still waiting for those fuckers to come back. :lol: no glass was broken anywhere, so i guess it was really just the sound of the bike falling over...

anyway... my question is this: what is a good reputable bike alarm system? i want something that is pretty good, but not somehting that will go off every 15 mintues or whenever a fly lands on the bike. any ideas?

ok so im sitting in the living room playing x box around 11:30 tonight. i got the window open and outside in the street i hear what sounds like breaking glass... my one neighbors car got stolen, and 2 others have been broken into, so every time i hear something i check it out.

so i get up and open the door and MY BIKE IS LYING ON THE GROUND and a car is speeding away... :mad::mad: :mad: didnt really get a good look at the car at all unfortunatley. by the time i got outside it was already way down the street.

so i dunno if they were trying to steal it or just fucking with it or what? i have a wheel lock on it, and it will roll maybe about a foot before it stops. i thinkthey tried to roll it away, then it hit the lock and fell over... too bad it didnt fall on top of the asshole... so now its 4 am and im still waiting for those fuckers to come back. :lol: no glass was broken anywhere, so i guess it was really just the sound of the bike falling over...

anyway... my question is this: what is a good reputable bike alarm system? i want something that is pretty good, but not somehting that will go off every 15 mintues or whenever a fly lands on the bike. any ideas?

a yama let them have it lol

Iron pony carries this brand, it seems to have a lot of nice features. I haven't used so I can't comment on its quality. Runs about 300 for it and the wiring harness.

http://www.scorpioalarms.com/sr-i500.aspx

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/productPagedetails.asp?ImageName=scorpiosri500.jpg&Brand=SCORPIO&Class2=Storage%20and%20Security&Class3=Alarms&Class1=ATV%20PRODUCTS

Too bad you didn't catch them.

hmm that one looks pretty nice... ill have to go check them out.

anyone else on here have an alarm on their bike or know of a good one?

i was contemplating lojack, however it costs more than i paid for the bike... but its really a sweet system. once you report it stolen it sends out a signal that the police can pick up in their cars, and they track the vehicle down. their site claims a 90% recovery rate, often within hours of the theft.