what type of oil should i use

D_Boy01R1

I hear this one alot and have used it in my 600rr. You used to be able to get this at UDF for stupid cheap.

United Dairy Farmers? Are you serious? What's 'cheap'? You're going to make me feel like a chump for paying $8.50/qt aren't you?

I need to find me a UDF around here.

United Dairy Farmers? Are you serious? What's 'cheap'? You're going to make me feel like a chump for paying $8.50/qt aren't you?

I would have to look again. It's been over a year and I didn't believe it at first either until i went to the one near and looked. If I get a chance I'll run over to the one near work during lunch and see if they still have it.

If you were buying it at iron pony you would feel like a real tool, they want like $14 a quart there. UDF sells it for about 6.50 if me remembers right. Damn, now my secret it out... If anyone was wondering what the absolute best filter is, its the ams oil Eao. I know a guy who is a lubrication engineer (shitty dont get excited) He said the oil was more clean after ran through that filter than it is from the bottle... sounds silly, but it is the truth. The filters are a little nore expensive, but if youre like me, you dont mind cuz you like your motor

Filter-wise, I run Purolator (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ICRIX2) just based on the information I've read here.

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/FilterXRef.html

They might not be the very very best filter, but I change filters every oil change and they're better than the factory stuff from Suzuki. I figure that if the engineers that designed the bike will run it with a crappier filter than what I'm using and it still met their reliability criteria, then the Purolator is just fine.

Olive, just not extra virgin as this has a low smoke point.

I prefer baby oil, but only the kind made from 3-6month old babies. any younger and the oil is to light, and any older and it starts to lose it's thermal protection.

I know a LOT of people that change filters every other oil change. I think a lot of owners manuals for cars even say that. I swear I've seen verbiage to the effect of: "Oil change interval 5k miles, Oil + filter every 10k..." or something like that. Even the OEs only recommend a filter change per every 2 oil changes.

I do it every change though because thats what my ol' man said to do growing up, and his engines internals are always clean when he disassembles them.