I need suggestions

LJ

Well, I am selling the Mustang because I want something different. I don't what yet though. When I sell it I should have about $8000 to play with. So far I have come up with:

240SX with swap

5.0 Fox Body

and that is about it. I would like some good suggestions please

BTW, I can't have any payments over the 8K. I want something decent that is going to give me some left over money to work on it. I already pay way too much every month on the truck

you can buy a nice foxbody, and spray the piss out of it.. or even put a blower on it. and youll still be under 8k

I've been thinking about that too....but like I said I think I may want something different.

btw ill sell it cheap. i need it gone

how cheap? I don't have any money yet as the mustang hasnt sold. All it needs is the engine swap and it is ready to run?

what kind of power would I be looking at with this package?

SR20DET S13 Redtop Package Special - CALL

Engine complete, 5 Speed Hydraulic Transmission, #62 Computer, Uncut Wiring Harness, Used MAF Sensor, Used Ignitor Chip, Greddy VSPL Front Mount Intercooler Kit, Zerolift Polished Hotpipe, Greddy Type S blow off valve, Greddy BOV Flange, AIV Plug, New Belts, New Radiator Hoses, Spark Plugs, Battery Relocation kit, Greddy 3" Downpipe, Apexi N1 Cat Back Exhaust System, Test Pipe, Exedy Organic Clutch, HKS Rocker Arm Stopper. Apexi mechanical boost gauge.

Guest mudbutt
Im with fox body. Find one in decent shape without crazy miles, do a gear and basic suspension and braking, heads, intake, maybe cam and spray the ever living piss out of it. Different stuff can be added or omitted from my suggestions, but <8k can get you a pretty damn quick fox if you play your cards right.

Guest mudbutt
I've been thinking about that too....but like I said I think I may want something different.

how cheap? I don't have any money yet as the mustang hasnt sold. All it needs is the engine swap and it is ready to run?

If that is from zerolift, you can expect zero horsepower and zero motor.

If that is from zerolift, you can expect zero horsepower and zero motor.

Yeah I dunno.... I was just wondering what kind of power you can get with that kind of sutff on it... I havent been into imports for a few years.

The only problem with the fox is I need something cheaper on insurance. The drop from a V8 to a 4 cyl will impact my insurance a lot (very very very high liability)

Plus I've always wanted a turbo car

you have a PM with the answer

Guest mudbutt
I have recently had a 90 accord, 95 maxima, 89 supra turbo and 87 supra turbo, and 90 mustang lx 5.0 on my insurance. The fox was actually the cheapest by about $5 a month.

I have recently had a 90 accord, 95 maxima, 89 supra turbo and 87 supra turbo, and 90 mustang lx 5.0 on my insurance. The fox was actually the cheapest by about $5 a month.

You don't have $10,000,000 liability.... The difference between V8 and smaller engines is about 300/half

I've been thinking about that too....but like I said I think I may want something different. ?

you dont see them every where and there light mine with 3/4 tank gas 2789

you can find them some what cheap

http://www.fordmaverick.com/uploads/new20.JPG

http://www.fordmaverick.com/uploads/P10100080.JPG

you carry $10 million liability???????????????????

Yeah...I am under my Dad's umbrella still due to my homeowner's insurance, and property and stuff I have in my name.

If I decide to get a 5.0, I found the one I think I want....that just means I need to get rid of my stang like....NOW, so I can buy this one

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2005/8/19/187/875/1722201145.187875914.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x420.jpg

1989 Ford Mustang GT; $4600 OBO; 15K mi. on rebuilt 302 5.0L; 134K mi. on body; new paint job (Chevrolet Electron Blue); new T5 transmission and King Cobra clutch; BBK long tube headers; BBK off-road h-pipe; Edelbrock upper and lower intake manifolds; high performance cam; BBK rear upper and lower control arms; BBK cold-air intake; Hurst short throw shifter; Autometer gauges; Painless Wiring switch panel; 3" cowl hood; runs very good

you dont see them every where and there light mine with 3/4 tank gas 2789

you can find them some what cheap

http://www.fordmaverick.com/uploads/new20.JPG

http://www.fordmaverick.com/uploads/P10100080.JPG

Wait wait.... did I count right? If that is your car in that vid on your webpage.....did I just watch a vid of it going 5-100 in 6 seconds?

Buy an 89 to 92 foxbody, look for a notchback. (they are the lightest) For about 4500 you can find one in descent shape. Then go to Hellion Power Systems website and buy thier single turbo kit for 4500. It comes with everything from fuel pump to an electric fan and you'll be able to easily make more power than a stock 5.0 bottom end can handle. You could make 400 rwhp stock and then slowly build up the money to get a built bottom end for more boost.Thats what I would do, granted I own a notchback so my opinion is a little biased.