Question; Gas prices in Columbus...

SpaceGhost

Actually I was gonna say they move more gas on the east side becasue everyone from the west side has to drive somewhere else for work since there is NOTHING on the west side for work, it is all Dublin over to Reynoldsburg or downtown, plus the eastside is more populated. They lower the prices on the store that sells less in an effort to entice the people to fill up there rather than the place the drive to for work. Plus if those stores charging less move alot less fuel, the loss they take is less due to the lower sales experienced. It is supply and demand. The less people want your shit the less it costs.

where it really sucks is in gahanna. its always on the top of the list of most expensive. probably last week, it was 2.6x, and when i drove 3 miles to broad street (and this is from reynoldsburg new albany until i got to james rd) it was no more than 2.37. like 30cent difference over 2 miles. im not on the west side much at all, maybe every couple months, but i do see on columbusgasprices how it seems to be cheaper over there a lot

where it really sucks is in gahanna. its always on the top of the list of most expensive. probably last week, it was 2.6x, and when i drove 3 miles to broad street (and this is from reynoldsburg new albany until i got to james rd) it was no more than 2.37. like 30cent difference over 2 miles. im not on the west side much at all, maybe every couple months, but i do see on columbusgasprices how it seems to be cheaper over there a lot

The Speedway on the corner of Stygler and Agler has 87 for 2.49. I drive to polaris, and it's $2.35. That store is ALWAYS at least .10 cents higher then anywhere else. They're the closest gas station in a good 2-3 miles. They know they're the only one around and people will pay the extra to get gas there.. even though it's more expensive .. fuckers.

Fuck gas prices...........diesel is still 3.10-3.30

I know I saw that other day. I figure all those people with diesel's that usually brag about diesel being cheaper have had to listen to alot of shit from coworkers and the such. The price difference evens out the milage difference. For now.

Why is liquor & ciggarettes more expensive in the areas more populated with blacks. These companies screw over who they can and the people they think will raise the least fuss.

I'm not too sure about this response. I'm sure I am going to get flamed for this, but there is no real world evidence to back this up. Just because you drop a liquor store in a "Black" neighborhood, doesn't mean they (shop owner) can raise the price. This is shown in state goverenment (ex. Ohio) priced items. The state regulates what items, will be charged at what price, on the items you mentioned.

Tom

I know I saw that other day. I figure all those people with diesel's that usually brag about diesel being cheaper have had to listen to alot of shit from coworkers and the such. The price difference evens out the milage difference. For now.

When your speaking of milage it certainly works out for those with small diesel power cars. We have a guy here at work that talked about using industrial grade diesel in his f-350, this stuff is only for farm equipment and construction machinery right?

I think it sucks even though I dont drive a diesel car. Its really screwing us all when you take into account the added manufacturing and hauling expense. People with diesel cars get screwed all across the board. From my understanding diesel is cheaper to refine, and is a byproduct of refining gasoline, so really OPEC are just screwing everyone b/c they can.

FYI gas over there on Rome-Hilliard is 2.09 right now. Gas prices on the west side are certainly not always lower. I work around tuttle and find more often than not that this area is cheaper than filling up in GC. The only consistently cheap place in GC is the Dairy Mart on the corner of SW and Broadway.

There is no difference between farm/industrial diesel and "regular" diesel other than dye is put into the farm/industrial diesel. This signifies that that diesel does not have to be charged road tax. And you can get a pretty hefty fine if you are caught running it in your truck on the road if you dont have farm plates.

I'm not too sure about this response. I'm sure I am going to get flamed for this, but there is no real world evidence to back this up. Just because you drop a liquor store in a "Black" neighborhood, doesn't mean they (shop owner) can raise the price. This is shown in state goverenment (ex. Ohio) priced items. The state regulates what items, will be charged at what price, on the items you mentioned.

Tom

I stop close to my house and pick up smokes. Sometimes on the same days if I get a second pack, depending on what neighborhood I'm in I could be paying 50 cents more. State minimums are what you see retailers "advertising". I dont believe there is a cap on how high they can price their goods.

Just double-checked. The state sets a minimum of how low these items can be sold. They can raise them to whatever they want.

I stop close to my house and pick up smokes. Sometimes on the same days if I get a second pack, depending on what neighborhood I'm in I could be paying 50 cents more. State minimums are what you see retailers "advertising". I dont believe there is a cap on how high they can price their goods.

Just double-checked. The state sets a minimum of how low these items can be sold. They can raise them to whatever they want.

That is what I was getting at! The state sets a minimum so places aren't undercutting, and selling cheaper. You can walk into a gas station in any neighborhood, and pay what you would pay at a grocery store in any neighborhood. What you are doing when you buy close to your house is called smart shopping, finding sales or discounts on regulated items.

Tom

:D

That is what I was getting at! The state sets a minimum so places aren't undercutting, and selling cheaper. You can walk into a gas station in any neighborhood, and pay what you would pay at a grocery store in any neighborhood. What you are doing when you buy close to your house is called smart shopping, finding sales or discounts on regulated items.

Tom

Your original quote stated there is no evidence that a store owner can raise prices in certain neighborhoods if they want. Well yes they can.

Why are gas prices always cheaper on the west side of Columbus(Rome-Hilliard Rd.) than the east side? I live in westerville and the cheapest is $2.thirtysomething while the west side is paying $2.teens. I don't get it.

i leave on the west side it is not that low not in the teens.2.29 reg 2.39plus 2.49 prem at the speed way wilson rd an rome-hillard.

i leave on the west side it is not that low not in the teens.2.29 reg 2.39plus 2.49 prem at the speed way wilson rd an rome-hillard.

Why do you continue to read and post on this board?

BTW, http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/IMAGES/Smilies/offtopic.gif

I work in Dublin and live on the far,far,far Westside(almost to West Jeff).I buy my gas at 70 and Hilliard-Rome Rd,always .10 a gallon or more cheaper that Sawmill Rd.I think they charge that much up there because people will pay it.I'll drive home with my gas light on to save the dime a gallon.

it doesnt matter where you are gas or diesel is still ridicolus, and as far as im concerned people that farm and have farm tanks at their farm should be able to run farm fuel. Farmers get screwed over more than anyone else in this country and should be cut a little slack. Farming is the only industry where you pay retail for everything you buy, sell it at wholesale and have to pay frieght both ways. As the sticker on my truck used to say " Screw a farmer everyone else does."