the whole time i was running on basemap!

nuhga

whoa , something has gone wrong with my EM(utec) i guess...

my cars been knocking on high boost ever since i installed turbotimer which is like almost a month ago =[ .. I thought it was just cold weather but I was running on basemap!!! :(

my tuned map competly dissapeard so I have to get it retuned... my money... T_T

I guess another excuse to upgrade..

Damn that sucks.....and to think you walked on everyone when we were out, lol. Can't wait to see what the retune will do for you. You coming out this week? Zach did his big turbo upgrade and wants some runs.

My friends u-tec did something like that to him all the time. His always did it when he tried to update his firm-ware. Nevertheless, this makes little to no sense to me. I don't understand what a turbo-timer would do to a u-tec to make it do that. But what I really don't understand is why the car was knocking. The u-tec base-map runs little to no timing and is pig-fucking rich. With that is mind, how does a car knock when those aspects are present?

Ty

I switched over from AP to utec.. you can find alot more tuners around here with utec than AP.. utec seem to be more consisitance than AP about tuning for more mods. Car felt alot smoother with AP tho.

I dunno why my utec did that either. I have called turboXS but they said only way this can happen is if i over wrote my map or my tuner never tuned my car.. (which both arent true =[ )

I was thinking it's because of Turbotimer install because that's the only time i touch'ed my car other than driving it.. and i think that's about time my cel start'ed blinking on high boost etc. i thought some kind of electric shock or something but if that ever happend my whole utec should of been messed up(car shouldn't even start)

I dont really know much about AFR but I dont think basemap is all that safe since it's for smaller turbo and smaller intercooler for mine... maybe thats why knocking? i dunno, all I know is cel was blinking on the boost (knock)

ops edit:

im running fp18g and i was too lazy to hook up water cooling setup .. =/

and I got tuned by Bryon meade

After turning the key off and getting out, a turbo timer keeps the engine running for a minute to let the turbo cool down. It's a hundred dollar thing for lazy people who don't wanna sit there with the car and wait.

=/ sometimes I miss bus during that few mins so i have to wait 15 more mins waiting for next bus.. I got my tt for 50bucks so not so bad

man that sucks, sorry to hear that. but i doubt installing your turbo timer had anything to do with your utec wiping out your map. you need to watch that knocking though, the only knock my motor whould see was between shifts and they would be small counts like 01-05 or so and my motor is done for. i'm guessing ring lands but i should know in a week or so once the motor is out and apart.