What I've learned in the last seven hours...

MrMeanGreen

First off, fuck Sam as this is a "video game" thread :p

I haven't had much time lately to do anything for myself, but I figured I needed some. The gf's parents gave me a giftcard to Best Buy for Christmas, so we went shopping today (and I needed speakers for Firebird Jr.). Since it's debut, I've wanted to buy Need For Speed: Most Wanted for awhile, but it's fucking $50. BB had a special on all video games in stock, $15 off. So I picked it up for $35.

After finally getting my errands done tonight and making my first CR meet in months, I came home and proceeded to start playing....seven hours ago.

So, Anthony's List of what NFS: MW has taught me tonight:

1) I can JDM Drift Yo, like a motherfucker.

2) A Cobalt SS with spray and Stage 1 supercharger setup can can out-drag a supercharged and sprayed Mustang GT. Said Cobalt SS also has more top end than a turboed and sprayed MKIV Supra.

3) No matter what you do, the popo's cruisers can go from 0-120mph in less than two seconds, and will always catch you and pass you. Even when you're spraying and in full boost.

4) All street racers are thugs.

5) All street racers have whacked out paint jobs and body add-ons, like roof scoops.

6) No matter what you do, a black car with black tinted windows and black rims looks pimp. Don't even argue that point.

7) I suck at the shifting a manual, even in a video game.

8) Nitrous never runs out, it just needs time to recharge between hits.

9) Running from the cops, regularly exceeding 150+mph, and street racing in circles never depletes your gas tank. Ever.

10) Ricocheting off of walls at high speeds will win you street races, and damage is minimal at best.

11) Flying by a donut shop at triple digit speeds is fine. Stopping in front of one with a riced-out "sport compact" will have you in hot pursuit within seconds.

12) Other drivers on the road are stupid, and all of them seem to be going 25mph.

13) In reality, I need a C6. Preferably black with black tint and black wheels.

So yeah, I'm on vacation next week. Aside from moving around my new furniture, watching the kids, dealing with my soon-to-be-ex, and building said woman a computer as part of the dissolution agreement, I think I'll be spending time running over random speed limit signs. Anyone is more than welcome to come over and get their asses handed to them, anytime :D

Thoughts on this game? I'm hooked.

I beat that game the other week and I agree with your list. The cut-scenes always had me laughing out loud. I couldn't figure out if they were meant to be sarcastic or if they actually are serious.

And, once you get past a certain point, the police chases become rediculously hard. The final mission, after you beat that Razor douche, is running from the cops with a x6 heat level. You gotta find some damned bridge and jump over it while they're coming down no you pretty damn hard.

I love the damage effects, too. Run into a wall doing 180? No problem, just some scratches on the bumper and a cracked windshield lol. Just get rammed by two Jeeps head-on at a combined speed somewhere around 270? You're good, keep driving.

I beat the game using the Cobalt right from the beginning. I won some nice cars, like a C6, along the way. I found they suck because when you try to launch all they do is spin the tires, which won't help when the cops are trying to pin you against a wall or if you get stuck during a race and need to catch up quickly. This game is fun, just rediculous, like the last one.

Guest 408turbostang
when you win a car get in it before you sell it and go to the perf. shop and trade in all the body upgrades for stock and the rims for stock you end up getting an additional 3-4000 also when you start spining real bad hit the nitrous to transfer more and you stop spining

Video game threads on a racing forum.....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I hope you got the Black edition..It is better than the regular one. More cars and some new challenges.

And I have found, after I beat the game like 3 weeks ago, that the best road block basher is the Mclaren. It is heavy and will throw the level 3 SUV's right out of the way.

Yea they made two copies of the game. One was a normal version and the other was the Black edition. More cars, more tracks, and harder challenges. If you think heat levl 6 is crazy then get a copy of Black Edition and play the last challenge. Your drving a bone stock charger or camaro with a heat level of 7..