Any good credit unions around here?

Balian

Guest JsANeon
BMI (Battelle Memorial Institute) has always been kickass. But getting in isn't as easy :o

yeah they are pretty good, i have them and had bank one but lost my account at bank one and am just gonna stay with BMI now(if im not turned into checks sytems) assholes screwed me over big time!

Sweet. Thanks for the response guys. One last question..

Can someone hook me up with some numbers so I can call and see about getting into one. I have no idea where these are located and I don't have a phonebook. Greedy SBC bastards!

Yeah, life was good until I got turned into Check Systems ... what a wonderful idea that was. Bank screws up, admits they screwed up, so I told them to take care of the account and go ahead and close it ... they closed it and turned me into Check systems for $8.17 ... so I went and paid the balance and was told that I'd have to wait like 5 years for the Check systems thing to go away...

Thanks. I checked their requirements and they seem to be good. I have had one friend tell me to stay away from Telhio but from being on their website I am leaning towards the fact that he is full of shit..lol

I wonder how long I can wait before I try and take a loan out with them.

How long, what do you mean? 2 years ago when I was searching for the best rate on a used car loan I called them up and asked their rates, etc. They had the best rate around and I went in that day, filled out the paperwork, and they cut me a check for the car, easy as pie. Did the same thing when we bought my wife a new car this past May.

Well I have always heard that you want to be a member of a credit union before you ask for a car loan or any kind of loan.

Either way I am sick of the regular banks and want a credit union. I had one in TX and it was the best. I should have kept it..

Well I have always heard that you want to be a member of a credit union before you ask for a car loan or any kind of loan.

Thats not true I wasn't a member of telhio when I received my first car loan from them(hell I never heard of them until the time of the loan) after dealing w/ them on the 1st stang I decided to do my banking w/ them and get the loan on the mach also. I havent had any problems at all w/ them.