Riding to Tennessee this weekend: July 25-27

Earache

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back to the hotel around 9:30 Saturday night and headed out to Applebee's for dinner, (not a lot of choices in Morristown, TN). Loads of smoking babes there, but I neglected to bring my camera along. Sorry about that.

The next day we headed home, on a great route via the backroads of Kentucky. This was our route;

Southern Route -

KYroute.jpg

Northern Route -

NorthernKYroute.jpg

We stopped on Route 77 at the Nada Tunnel ( see:http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/districts/cumberland/nada_tunnel.shtml for detailed info).

Narrow assed tunnel through the hill in the middle of nowhere. Cool temps in the tunnel and just outside of it though, so it was worth the trip...

IMG_0469Medium.jpg

IMG_0468Medium.jpg

IMG_0470Medium.jpg

IMG_0471Medium.jpg

We split up here as John and Doug wanted to get back home to do some stuff that had to be done. Landon, Dustin and I headed further up Route 77 to Route 460 towards Lexington...

IMG_0487Medium.jpg

IMG_0488Medium.jpg

IMG_0489Medium.jpg

IMG_0490Medium.jpg

The ride on 460 past all of the Kentucky Horse Farms was uneventful and it got to be pretty damned hot outside, so I didn't take any more pictures. Hoepfully, some of the others will post up more pictures so you can see what you missed on this ride.

The ride on 460 past all of the Kentucky Horse Farms was uneventful and it got to be pretty damned hot outside, so I didn't take any more pictures. Hoepfully, some of the others will post up more pictures so you can see what you missed on this ride.

Thanks for being the tour guide. I definitely had a blast! All the pictures are awesome!

And a huge thanks for posting something up on the forum inviting people. I'm glad I was able to make the trip.