1st bike questions

Chief8one

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin2:

Muthapucka: If you can push a stock 600 to 9 second passes, and you are the best rider "here" (on CR or what?) then I should start riding with you, I guess I could learn a lot.

So you are in WERA.. North Central I am guessing. What are your times for Ledges, Mid-Ohio, and Grattan?

You didn't hear? Muthapucka has the lap records for all of those tracks on his SV-650. Rossi just called and is flying him to Europe for 06' Moto GP testing... :lol:

Should I be looking for you on this? :p

http://home.columbus.rr.com/lmosle/forumpics/jokerfront1.jpg

Lemosley01,

I wish I could pimp like that dude. I've seen him around though he has mad skilz yo, 4 real... :lol:

Don't be affraid to come talk if you ever see me around. It's the ONLY 2003 BLACK SE in Ohio with Oregon plates.... :thumbup:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/GotBusa/PICT0046.jpg

I heard a stat that the average rider keeps his bike approximately 3 years, so chances are you'll upgrade in a few years if you really like it. Consider Josh (Got-Busa) has owned 4 bikes(?) since he was 17 and he is now 25.

When you put between 8,000 and 12,000 miles on a bike in 8-10 months, you tend to get BORED VERY QUICKLY with them. I loved the R1, it just wasn't fast enough. Great twisty bike but I got tired of the curves and am looking to get registered over 201mph+ (1-mile standing start) before I move back to another roadrace ONLY bike. It's tough enough these days as it is since I have hardly any free time. :(

As far as getting a bike for $2500 and not having had a bike before.

Here's my .02 cents.... no experiance? Take a motorcycle safety course.

Then ask yourself what do you want out of a bike and what are your main uses for it? Is it for joy riding, cruising, racing or transportation.

ss bikes are a thrill to ride and not too bad to cruise on but is that what you want.

I never owned a street bike until a year ago at the age of 29, but had experiance on atvs' and a couple dirtbikes. I bought a leftover new 04 GS500F and now have 4500 miles on it. I wanted something sporty looking but easy on the wallet, and something to ride back and forth to work. I think if i would have got a newer 600cc ss or bigger bike I would not be here typing this right now.

Late last summer I got a chance to ride a 04 R6, I really liked it but for someone that has never ridden a bike before I think something like that would be a mistake. I took a mid 90's CBR for a spin, not a bad bike. I have taken some older 600cc sport bikes for rides and i think that they would make desent starter bikes for the $2500 price tag.

I wish I would have got something with more power but I still think I made the right choice by getting a "starter bike"

I think this is the funniest, if not dumbest thing I have ever read on this forum.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's almost a tie with your 600's running 9's comment....

Um.....you really might wanna do some research. Check out the 2005 middleweight shootout that Cycle World performed. With lowering links, strapping the front down, and changing a sprocket, they put the '05 R6 into the nines with a 9.93 at about 135mph.

You didn't hear? Muthapucka has the lap records for all of those tracks on his SV-650. Rossi just called and is flying him to Europe for 06' Moto GP testing... :lol:

all i'm claiming is to be better than you in the twists/track. i'd gladly give you a 1000cc bike and let you do a 30 min. session, then i'll do a 30 min session and i'd more than likely still have a lower time on my 100hp deficient machine. although i'd rather run together so i can stuff you on the brakes.

Um.....you really might wanna do some research. Check out the 2005 middleweight shootout that Cycle World performed. With lowering links, strapping the front down, and changing a sprocket, they put the '05 R6 into the nines with a 9.93 at about 135mph.

You need to find out all the facts before you start spreading magazine BS....see my other post for the details. :thumup:

all i'm claiming is to be better than you in the twists/track. i'd gladly give you a 1000cc bike and let you do a 30 min. session, then i'll do a 30 min session and i'd more than likely still have a lower time on my 100hp deficient machine. although i'd rather run together so i can stuff you on the brakes.

God you are ignorant! You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. I have probably had more experience on street bikes in one year than you have had TOTAL since you received your motorcycle license.... :rolleyes:

Continue to dig yourself a BS hole though we find it funny... :lol:

sorry, but this actually happend. no adjustments. many people have run low 10's bone stock with the r6. with these few lil mods and a good rider, it DID print out the 9 second slip. sorry to burst your bubble....

edit- may have had a pcIII and slip on as well(less than 10hp increase)

Muthapucka how many track days have you done before you got your WERA license? Just curious cuz im looking to getting mine when i get some cash together, ive only got 2 track days under my belt and i can keep up just fine in the sportbiketracktime intermediate group

i'd say this

1.sv650

2.ninja ex500

3.ninja ex250

ninja, get a lap timer and see where you are to the racers. i just went to the WERA school last fall and ended up bein faster than the people in my class on fully built 600's on my stock SV. i'm doin a trackday at putnam in april before the first race. that school last year was my only time on a roadcourse.

As far as getting a bike for $2500 and not having had a bike before.

Here's my .02 cents.... no experiance? Take a motorcycle safety course.

Then ask yourself what do you want out of a bike and what are your main uses for it? Is it for joy riding, cruising, racing or transportation.

ss bikes are a thrill to ride and not too bad to cruise on but is that what you want.

I never owned a street bike until a year ago at the age of 29, but had experiance on atvs' and a couple dirtbikes. I bought a leftover new 04 GS500F and now have 4500 miles on it. I wanted something sporty looking but easy on the wallet, and something to ride back and forth to work. I think if i would have got a newer 600cc ss or bigger bike I would not be here typing this right now.

Late last summer I got a chance to ride a 04 R6, I really liked it but for someone that has never ridden a bike before I think something like that would be a mistake. I took a mid 90's CBR for a spin, not a bad bike. I have taken some older 600cc sport bikes for rides and i think that they would make desent starter bikes for the $2500 price tag.

I wish I would have got something with more power but I still think I made the right choice by getting a "starter bike"

I'd agree 100% with this!

I have my 94 FZR600 for sale. It has 18,000 on it, new tires and full vance and hines exhaust. Im selling it for $2300. Great beginner bike although it wasnt my first. FZR's can be had for cheap. Check out the classifieds on http://www.fzrarchives.com

pics? im not sure like i said in my earlier posts, what mileage to bike prices go.....

I am in pretty much the same boat as chief8one. I am currently thinking about a 1998 suzuki katana 600. would this be a good starter bike? I know its not the fastest thing out there, and it doesnt even look all that great, but i think it would be a good learner bike, and it meets the $2500 price cap too.