2 questions...

SuperHawk

First, is something wrong with my bike if I can only go 90-100 miles on a 3-3.2 gallon tank? That's only like 33mpg, which is what my 4dr, 5seater, baby hauler gets, just curious.

Second, anyone replace fork seals before? If so, where and how much did it run you? Honda NW quoted me $115/side OFF the bike, that just seems a tad expensive for me.

Thanks

Matt

well...

Try using Shell gas for awhile not that I ama spokes man for shell gas but it seems to work alittle better for me plus the claim it keeps your valves clean... Oh ya chech the plugs and air filter too plus it might go down abit if you have upgraded the bike at all

also unless they are really bad might want to use a old dirt bike trick and slip some old 35 mm film negitives in there might just renew the seal

Well I just bought the bike and the guy said he put new plugs in there...but I guess I could check it. I cleaned the K&N that was in place of the air filter, and did fluids/filters but I dunno if its modded or not.

I don't know if the seals are real bad or not, but I do know the front seems soft, but I'm like 240lbs and the previous owner was like 140 or less, so he said I can stiffen teh front up somehow?

thanks for the help

if you have never done it before it could be a challenge. call the streamline boys up they can do it. prolly cheaper too. not for sure though. there nimber is at the top of the screen in the adds

I just changed my fork seals about 2 weeks ago it wasnt too bad. I got the parts for about $50 that was for two fork and two dust seals. Colombus motorsports wanted about 140 for both forks off of the bike

wanna come over and supervise? lol. free beer/pop and pizza! :D yeah, Honda NW quoted me $25/side parts. $90/side labor.

not sure what is upside/right side on forks, but the shaft goes into the bottom, rather tahn up into something when compressed, does that make sense?

I'm gonna try and do my frame sliders this weekend and take a closer look at my forks.