removing columbus state sticker from tint?

fooswinger

hey .....

My wife had a columbus state sticker taped to her back window and she just recently removed it but the tape is still stuck there.

My question is the windows are tinted, so how do I go about removed the tape without damaging the window tint?

GooGone?rubbing alcohol?

Guest 614Streets

Paint thinner , rag , and elbow grease. Also a heat gun on low(just warm it u know) and a plastic detailers razor blade works wonders as a pre to the thinner. Remeove streaks with with glass cleaner and newspaper.

You can even muscle it off with glass cleaner and newspaper.

Guest 614Streets
Remember we both have tint on the windows. The stickers have been applied to the tint. I dont want to ruin my tint. And the car came like this.

Right , I wouldnt tell you to use paint thinner on it if I didnt know what i was talking about , I work at a used car lot and its common for me to do this on a weekly basis. Paint thinner is a "gentle" mineral spirt . If you dont have paint thinner in the garage or house use wd -40 , just make sure you use window cleaner afterwards with some newpaper....

In fact for piece of mind , check this out i did a real quick google for both of you so you have 2 sources of 411.

quote from blairs window tint website "We only recommend using a damp towel (like the towel you have just dried your clean car with at the car wash) or a mild dish washing soap and water solution mixture (ratio we like is 1 small drop of liquid soap, or baby shampoo, to 1 quart of water (1 quart spray bottle) or a professional silicone polish/cleaner made specifically for use on window film only. You can remove stubborn garbage such as tar (from road hazards or repairs), chewing gum and crayons (kids), old tape adhesive (from paper license plates or stickers stuck to the film) etc... by using a very small amount of 100% mineral spirits (not lacquer thinner!) and a soft towel if not done on a regular basis and used very moderately.

"

end quote.

http://www.textint.com/toppage1.htm