did some work... pics included :)

John

the paint was shite on my bike. the tank was blue with a pink stripe (lol), the side covers were white, the rear end was spraybombed black, the front fairing and front fender are a dark british racing green :? my buddy would have called it a "crayola" bike lol.

anyway, i used this duplicolor truck bedliner spray... like 6 bux at wally world... turned out pretty good, and its pretty resistant to scratches and stuff like that. i gave it a few extra coats in the areas where it gets scratched most: where my keys dangle onto the tank, and at the back where my zipper, belt buckle, etc hit it.

241_19_05_07_5_13_34_2.JPG

im trying to emulate the ZX6R chin pit with that dent on there ;)

i took off the upper cowling, fairing stay, headlight and gauges. all of that weighs about 20 pounds, with 15 of it being the gauges/stay/headlight assembly. front end is way lighter now. i like it :) although no more wind protection, but i live in german village, so most of my riding is in downtown and campus areas, so i dont really care.

then i installed a headlight off of a buell. the cheapest dual headlights i could find online were like 150. and they had to be shipped from germany :roll: i got this whole assembly from buell for like 70 bucks.

68k64xh.jpg

i mounted it with these brackets i got at iron pony. they were 10 dollars in the harley section. i sprayed them with the bedliner too, although it doesnt seem to adhere well to chrome. its kind of peeling off in one spot. i may take em off and scuff them a bit then hit em again...

4mbpjll.jpg

the buell lights have screw holes on the bottom (actually its the top. i mounted it upside down :) )

i had some nuts and bolts lying around and found some that would fit... albeit they are a bit long. maybe ill splurge and go to lowes and spend 97 cents for some shorter ones :)

4padtle.jpg

i need to get some turn signals, and ill probably mount those in the front holes, and then try to tuck the wires away.

since my mirrors were gone, i got this CRG mirror. very high quality part. the mirror is very clear, and the box says it will stay put to 130 lol. i dont really plan on testing that out, but ive ridden around a bit with it, and it hasnt moved at all. it doesnt even vibrate.

4y7anid.jpg

i got this gauge to put on still. im trying to find a stock wiring harness for the gauges, so i dont have to cut my harness and i can just plug it in. this thing is pretty cool too... it tells you everything except the winning lottery numbers (gotta see what i can do about that). speed, rpm, time, odometer, trip odometer, neutral light, hi beam indicator, turn signals, oil light.

the only thing it DOESNT have it a temp gauge... i may just go get a small autometer one and mount that...

4mme9f6.jpg

it was too black when i looked at it... so i put a sticker on the coolant tank that i got at deal's gap :)

6beeasi.jpg

also put this ohio sticker on the back end. cuz you know... i gotta rep the o-h yo! ;)

61xk68k.jpg

im gonna get some new bars still, cant decide if i want to get motox bars, or clip ons. i still gotta do something about the green fender, and get some turn signals for the front and mount that gauge. also im gonna figure something out about that rear fender... other than that though, im happy, and the bike runs like a top. i went -2 on the front and its got a TON of low end grunt... probably tops out at about 100 now but w/e thats still fast enough to send me to the pokey.

thats it!