Twin turbo 403 Z06 - Progress Pics. Discuss.

Dr. Pomade

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the comments, etc.

Mike, I went with a 403 over a 427 mostly because of price. IMO, the 24ci wasn't going to make that much of a difference. The engine was built by Mike Phillips - he's a local guy. A lot of deliberation went into that - but, in the end, I elected to go with him as opposed to going with LPE.

Joe, yeah, those are 35R's.

Brian, shouldn't be too much longer now. Dropping the engine in was the hard part; now it's just a matter of plumbing. :)

Bill, yeah, it's keeping the A/C. I can't have bitches complaining about no A/C on the way home from the strip club.

IPS Motorsports (http://www.ipsmotorsports.net) is doing all of the work. I should have put that out there initially, but, as much as I talk about them, I figured it was pretty much common knowledge that no one other than IPS is allowed to modify my car. :)

Someone asked about traction. Great question. Traction will definitely be an issue. My plan is to run a 11.5" wheel with Nitto drag radials. I've had great experiences with Nittos - their longevity is acceptable, they hook well enough from a roll - the racing I do the most - and they are stable at high speeds. Sure, 1000rwhp isn't going to hook on the street regardless of what you're running, but I don't want to tub it, I'll never run slicks, and I don't want to sacrifice the streetability entirely.

Looks like american rice to me.

LOL - are you serious?

Who needs to tub it? I doubt you will drive this other than in good weather, so just remove all the fiberglass between the tires, and call it done. You will be able to run a larger tire, and you get a weight savings. Win Win.

That is damn impressive. I have read about subaru guys, since that is what I own, that are getting close to 800AWHP witht the garrett turbos and in particular the GT35R's. Then again that is with half the cylinders and half the turbos and a completely built and bored engine. I think that we will have a new 270 king.

Are you going to change your gearing or is what you have suficient? Are you also looking into a bigger brake kit, it might be a good idea for safety, maybe down the road.

do you think your engine will be to big for those turbos?

basically youll not be able to rev it out as much and the torque off the start will just kill the tires with a big engine and little turbos?

isnt the biggest turbos they can fit with that kit only capable of supporting 800rwhp?

its a nice well designed kit

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com

Guest Ponyfreak
GT-35's are the perfect size for that motor. 1100-1200rwhp on high octane fuel should be attainable with that sized engine and turbo's.

That is not the TTI kit. We just bought the exhaust manifolds to use since waiting on the engine build put us way behind schedule, cutting off our development time for the fabricated tubular manifolds. The TTI stuff uses much smaller turbonetics based T3/T4 turbos, and their intake/intercooler piping is less then ideal. A pair of GT35R's with the correct a/r turbine housings are perfect for the goals we have for John's car, they are not severly undersized like the other kits you have seen dyno plots for.

what kind of rear wheel power numbers are you looking to build.?

these...

Sure, 1000rwhp isn't going to hook on the street regardless of what you're running,

614, would that be uncle bens rice? what was it that you drove again?

That is not the TTI kit. We just bought the exhaust manifolds to use since waiting on the engine build put us way behind schedule, cutting off our development time for the fabricated tubular manifolds. The TTI stuff uses much smaller turbonetics based T3/T4 turbos, and their intake/intercooler piping is less then ideal. A pair of GT35R's with the correct a/r turbine housings are perfect for the goals we have for John's car, they are not severly undersized like the other kits you have seen dyno plots for.

ok that makes sense then, thought you were using the kit(manafolds) in the pic

Tilley, your shit is looking tough mang! Can't wait to see it. I know you just said you ARE going with nitto's because of your past history with them; however, you may want to look into these.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.html

Friend just went 11.7x @118 in his 04 cobra with full exhaust, intake, pulley, and tune.

He pulled a 1.81 60 footer. He says the car barely breaks loose in 1st gear. He swears up and down by them.

Just an option.

Best of luck!

Ty

Tilley, your shit is looking tough mang! Can't wait to see it. I know you just said you ARE going with nitto's because of your past history with them; however, you may want to look into these.

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.html

Friend just went 11.7x @118 in his 04 cobra with full exhaust, intake, pulley, and tune.

He pulled a 1.81 60 footer. He says the car barely breaks loose in 1st gear. He swears up and down by them.

Just an option.

Best of luck!

Ty

He already answered your question.

Sure, 1000rwhp isn't going to hook on the street regardless of what you're running, but I don't want to tub it, I'll never run slicks, and I don't want to sacrifice the streetability entirely.