Did JP really run a 10.5 @ 148???

ohioko4s4

Guest Shearer

These posts were made back around 11-17-05, I'm sure most of you remember.

Yes, I'm assuming spring to give each of you guys plenty of time to make sure everything is running well without excuses.

Terms are me versus Colt, 60-160. Colt in his car, me in mine. Of course, since you knew my car was down, you're anticipating that this race will happen when my car is back in running order. That shouldn't be too long from now.

All of us "northerners" were expecting Tilleys car to be done around Spring and JP followed suit to get his car done within the same time frame. I think everyone up here is anxious to make the trip to see this race and to drag the C-Bus crew around 270 a few times. :)

Tilley/IPS, it would be nice to get an approximation of when you think this race can take place. JP has been out beating the hell out of his car for a month or so now, we'd like to try and get some sort of time frame so the northerners can make arrangements.

Jeff, JP is a good friend of mine and it seems that you have quite the hard on for him and seems to have become quite personal. Even though I don't know why, most likely you have every right to be upset. I'd like to see it come to a halt, at least publicly. I'll talk with JP this afternoon and make sure no more public bashing/insulting will come from him as long both sides can come to an agreement. I'd like to see it stop before it becomes to personal.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest powers

IPS did not make a bet with JP to race or race a customers car. As far as when the car is done that is between Tilley and IPS. When Tilley and JP race that is between them.

What Jeff's feelings are towards JP i have no clue becasue it is not discussed here. If JP, or Jamie, or anyone else has an issue with Jeff take it up with Jeff. To say IPS this or that is just rediulous. There are other people who work here that have not even looked at any of these threads. And I assume everyone here knows Jeff does not wrench on cars and Brett works at Battlle research, so to say go finish his car is rediculous.

I will step right up and say that the colt trapped more than I thought it would and congrats on that. So it is not an IPS bashing the colt party. I personally have IMed JP several times and even after he posted pics of the manifolds I IMed him and said please put a cage in that and we talked about it for a few seconds. So I guess that is my .02 cents on it.

Tilley/IPS, it would be nice to get an approximation of when you think this race can take place. JP has been out beating the hell out of his car for a month or so now, we'd like to try and get some sort of time frame so the northerners can make arrangements.

I'm nearly certain that our race will happen this summer. As for when this summer, well, I can't really say. Not that I don't want to - trust me, I'm not trying to be coy or a dick - I just can't provide you with that information at this point. Yet, I can completely understand you guys wanting to nail down an approximate date so you can start planning for the trip. So, believe me, when my car is buttoned up and on the street, I will let all of you know, and we can then establish a date for D-Day. However, until my car is actually buttoned up and back on the street, I can't in good faith give you that date.

Also, we know that JP has been out terrorizing the streets for a few weeks now and of that I am very envious - I'd like to be doing the same. :) And, I realize the implication there - JP's car is now at risk for breaking, and, if that were the case, then our race would probably be delayed even further. However, JP is JP's keeper, so, if he doesn't want the car to break before we race, then he'll need to take steps to ensure that. For the record, though, if his car did break before our race, I wouldn't say one negative word about it and would simply wait for his car to be done to pop off our race.

For the record, though, if his car did break before our race, I wouldn't say one negative word about it and would simply wait for his car to be done to pop off our race.

Nor would I as that would be 100% amateur hour...

All of us "northerners" were expecting Tilleys car to be done around Spring and JP followed suit to get his car done within the same time frame. I think everyone up here is anxious to make the trip to see this race and to drag the C-Bus crew around 270 a few times. :)

Jeff, JP is a good friend of mine and it seems that you have quite the hard on for him and seems to have become quite personal. Even though I don't know why, most likely you have every right to be upset. I'd like to see it come to a halt, at least publicly. I'll talk with JP this afternoon and make sure no more public bashing/insulting will come from him as long both sides can come to an agreement. I'd like to see it stop before it becomes to personal.

First, I really dont care if I have had the chassis for 8 years, without an engine its a mere paperweight. We have had the engine in our possession for less than 2 months so I know we are outside Colt assy timeframes, but by no means have we been sitting around Johns car for 8 months just scratching our heads as to how to make everything fit. We are no happier about being 3 months behind right now than John or anyone else, trust me. We have our personal cars we would like to get to at some point this year and until some of the larger project cars finish up that is an impossibility.

We have a pretty good ballpark on when we expect the car to be up and running and ready to be dynoed. How that correlates into when John will be comfortable racing JP is up to John. Rushing him into racing the Colt right outta the box is a good strategy on your part but its not going to happen. A faster/stronger car can still lose very easily to just about anything if the driver cant control it or isnt comfortable in it at those levels. Once John has made a few pulls, raced a few people, and got comfortable with the car in the upper boost levels Im sure he will be more than happy to set something up.

Lastly, Ive never even met JP in my life. I only reply to him / his posts on a VERY rare basis because its a total waste of time to try to "Debate" anything with him. In proof of that here is my last post having anything to do with him (aside from the last week) from Nov 1st of last year:

"I decided not to reply anymore in attempt to spare everyone from trying to interpret his responses. Ive seen people say they just type fast and dont really care that much (which i do all the time too so i understand) but in one post you can pretty much tell how freakishly stupid he is. And just when you think he almost HAS to be kidding, its there again, and again. Its painful.

No wonder he works at a pool. Can you imagine his resume? LOL. I bet Greg had it pretty close:

"lijbfw ;oihefoih ihf hfh phih'ihihoi ipohh ihfh ih hph'hwoih hoifhih, ohoohhfo.

poirgoh hfih hf pfpiohfp hjf jp fj p ppojpjp jojjpojwp jp j ujj jfwww.

piifejjfpjfp ojf [ojfj jfj ojfj jf jjw]ieutyuto ;mclmojfjfj."

Maybe some day he'll memorize the phrase "Wood u lik friyes wit that?"

That was almost 7 months ago now. For someone with such hard-on for him Im not doing a very good job of showing it am I? Or is it the PR Rep is still working on an extensive seach of the entire intraweb to come up with da prooof? You might want to help him out with that...Maybe make up a fake PM or two or something? Trust me, its not personal whatsoever on my end -- its strictly for entertainment purposes :)

Jeff

Damn where are you finding bikes to do a 90 roll at. We can hardley get 40 rolls with bikes.

Just go to bike night at QS&L, and park off in the cut. All the bike guy's balls are swollen from being around other bikes, so they will agree to anything, especially in a race it a little ol' 4 banger.

Man, there is too much to this thread...

just from reading the NE OHIO guys' posts the "get the car done" blah blah blah gets fucking lame as shit. Wow it was almost a good comeback the first time but now it is more played out then a kenny chesney song. Shut your man pleasers. Spending such money I would expect to wait a while and having the best working on each part.

I would agree, if Jamie didn't wait a 1/5th on the time for his,and is making more power than Tilley will see (unless he sprays hard), and is STILL most likley the hottest fuxking think on 4 wheels I have seen on the street.

And thats with ONE person wrenching on it!

Trrbotrio, your unfounded hate for me is odd, and I dont need to elaborate any more than your long ranting posts directed twards me have already highlited. You are quite the angry idiot, but I found this funny...

Tell you what. Just for giggles, outside of the past week or so (whenever the last coulple Colt threads started) quote me replying/talking/referencing/anything about JP or the Colt on here or Race Club or Col-DSM or OMGCOLTSROXXORS.com or anywhere else. Line them up. I have been much too busy to get involved in all the e-drama

Is this guy fucking serious? And then, 2 1/2 minutes later...

He has the time to link multiple threads to provide weak evidence for his non-existing point he is on a personal crusade attempting to prove. All while "working"-man, let me know when there's an opening at IPS!

Why is it the mere mention of IPS brings out passive agressive childishness and fiercely defensive banter?

Truth FTW.

And lastly, it seems someone down there had their thinking cap on today...

It is my opinion, after reading all of this nonsense, that the best thing for all parties to do is to establish a deadline for this race to happen that is mutually agreed upon by both parties. It seems ridiculous to me for people to slander a shop just because they have a car when no real, firm deadline was ever established. Just because 1 of the 2 cars is currently up and going doesn't seem like a good reason to pick on the other car if something wasn't agreed upon.

Just pick a race date. If then, the car still isn't ready, then it seems more reasonable to me to flame away. Otherwise.........

There is no reason the car should not be done RIGHT NOW-with all the claims/promises/and blind shit talking from Team IPS. I think 5 weeks is more than enough. It has been a rediculous amount of time as is.

It has been a rediculous amount of time as is.

Colt, no offense, but it's ridiculous when I say it is. Not when you, or Jamie, or Desperado, or Linn, or Powers, or anyone else says it is.

Maybe you're just really that eager to get a beatdown. :)

Colt, no offense, but it's ridiculous when I say it is. Not when you, or Jamie, or Desperado, or Linn, or Powers, or anyone else says it is.

Maybe you're just really that eager to get a beatdown. :)

I agree 100%

But, on anyone's timetable but yours and your toooner, its ridiculous. :)

"I have decided not to reply anymore in attempt to spare everyone from trying to interpret his responses. Ive seen people say they just type fast and dont really care that much (which i do all the time too so i understand) but in one post you can pretty much tell how freakishly stupid he is. And just when you think he almost HAS to be kidding, its there again, and again. Its painful.

No wonder he works at a pool. Can you imagine his resume? LOL. I bet Greg had it pretty close:

"lijbfw ;oihefoih ihf hfh phih'ihihoi ipohh ihfh ih hph'hwoih hoifhih, ohoohhfo.

poirgoh hfih hf pfpiohfp hjf jp fj p ppojpjp jojjpojwp jp j ujj jfwww.

piifejjfpjfp ojf [ojfj jfj ojfj jf jjw]ieutyuto ;mclmojfjfj."

Maybe some day he'll memorize the phrase "Wood u lik friyes wit that?"

Jeff

7 Months later and the same response is still surprisingly a perfect fit. Its amazing how long things take to do when you are not allowed to use JB-Weld, Duct Tape, Super Glue, Coat hangers, or Coffee cans isnt it? Nevermind, its a lost cause arguement.

I take back my statement about preferring to just talk in circles with you, send back your PR Guy again...

Jeff

7 Months later and the same response is still surprisingly a perfect fit. Its amazing how long things take to do when you are not allowed to use JB-Weld, Duct Tape, Super Glue, Coat hangers, or Coffee cans isnt it? Nevermind, its a lost cause arguement.

I take back my statement about preferring to just talk in circles with you, send back your PR Guy again...

Jeff

I dont even need to comment, you continue to make yourself look like an ass!

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5835/dsc3663a2wv.jpg

Please, find any of the aformentioned items in this low budjet anything IPS mauling engine bay. :lol:

Would you guys just SHUT UP! Colt boy has an impressive beater sleeper car. IPS does great work, it's proven. The Doc is just out to have some fun and you guys up north are making it into more than that. Quit bashing someone's business, it makes it personal.

EDIT: Ill start. Your dipshit defendant started a thread about me / the shop on a forum he knows Im not on and even though I read thru it and could have replied I didnt say a word because I didnt have time for the stupidity:

http://www.columbusdsm.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=12353

Happy hunting!

Since you like to get so particular about evidence, and what was said in what context I'll fill you in on something...

JP did not start that thread. JP posted in an existing thread and it was split by one of the moderators so that some IPS bashing could commence. That's how it went down. Fact, not fiction.

Would you guys just SHUT UP! Colt boy has an impressive beater sleeper car. IPS does great work, it's proven. The Doc is just out to have some fun and you guys up north are making it into more than that. Quit bashing someone's business, it makes it personal.

The $1000 on the line makes it more than fun..

And continued attacks from Team IPS made this "personal". If the car was finished in a mildly timely manner, the race would have already happened, and none of this would be needed.

Jp you going to Akron horsepowers dyno shootout on saturday? Going to be some good racing on saturday night after there done!!

If im in town, I may be in Cinci trying to collect on another wad of cash.

But if not, I will be down there for sure. I want a Peice of Geoge and his 720whp fox :eek:

Dig it on 224 bitches!!

Jp you going to Akron horsepowers dyno shootout on saturday? Going to be some good racing on saturday night after there done!!

John, why don't some of you guys come on up Sat night? Or maybe Sunday night too. Be sure to bring one of the IPS cars :)