Did JP really run a 10.5 @ 148???

ohioko4s4

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To even compare Lingenfelter's experience building high HP vettes with your shop is pretty ambitious. But I like that - we all need to set high goals in life.

Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen a STREET 6-sp C5 (even tubbed with a fully built rear end, slicks and a good driver) trap higher than mid 150's. I thought I read about something in the 155 range, but perhaps it was 152 like the video you showed. Didn't Motor Trend show a 151 pass on DR's last month with their $225k+ 7L 1000hp vette? Automatic E.T.'s mean nothing...that's not the race we're running.

Like I said Jeff, you better set some world records to beat JP's POS. All sandbagging aside, if you think beating 148 will win the bet, you will be sorely mistaken. Since you are so confident in your GT35's, maybe John can get you to take a $1k off his bill if he loses.....:)

John, as you know, I have no problem with you now. However, it is frustrating when your shop talks smack all day when they should be working on finishing your car so we can put an end to all this keyboard racing. I'm ready to run you. JP is ready to run you. We're all waiting to have some fun :)

recently lingenfelter C6 making 722 rwhp went 11.1s @ 151 with BFG drag radials

Congrats. Its about 3mph faster than we were guessing youd go on "Low" boost -- nice pass.

What it run off nitrous?

Jeff

Cmon now, you think he can run high boost and nitrous with that stock ignition?

Guest ihuntv8
What is it like to be a PR rep for a broke high school kid with a fast colt? Im honestly curious...

Heres some good advice. Why dont you loan dipshit $10,000 to start his own little "Buy Here Pay Here" used car lot for turn-key 150mph trapping cars for $5,000 and he might make you a buck instead of losing you a grand. Just make sure you have a very strict "As-Is" warranty and Im sure you will do quite well :)

Jeff

Those wrenches keep slipping out of your sweating hands, get that vette done. Would you like to make a small side bet?

recently lingenfelter C6 making 722 rwhp went 11.1s @ 151 with BFG drag radials

I think we're talking about the same car...I thought it was a C5. They dyno'd 772 on "low boost" but when they cranked it up for the q-mile, it still only trapped 151. But we only know what they printed and I doubt LPE left anything on the table for a worldwide magazine. Then it broke on the 2nd pass.

just from reading the NE OHIO guys' posts the "get the car done" blah blah blah gets fucking lame as shit. Wow it was almost a good comeback the first time but now it is more played out then a kenny chesney song. Shut your man pleasers. Spending such money I would expect to wait a while and having the best working on each part.

just from reading the NE OHIO guys' posts the "get the car done" blah blah blah gets fucking lame as shit. Wow it was almost a good comeback the first time but now it is more played out then a kenny chesney song. Shut your man pleasers. Spending such money I would expect to wait a while and having the best working on each part.

Great overall point - good work takes time, and it should be done correctly before it is done quickly. And, you know, when you think of it, the only person in any position to say anything about this is me, since, after all, it's my car. And I have absolutely no problem with how IPS has handled or is handling the work on my car. I realize the CLE/AKRON guys may just be taking jabs at IPS - which is fine, after all, it's the intraweb - but, for the record, there is no issue with the time/work IPS has taken/done with my car. End of very short, very simple story. So, carry on with the flaming, but make no mistake, nothing is awry as far as my car and IPS goes.

Great overall point - good work takes time, and it should be done correctly before it is done quickly. And, you know, when you think of it, the only person in any position to say anything about this is me, since, after all, it's my car. And I have absolutely no problem with how IPS has handled or is handling the work on my car. I realize the CLE/AKRON guys may just be taking jabs at IPS - which is fine, after all, it's the intraweb - but, for the record, there is no issue with the time/work IPS has taken/done with my car. End of very short, very simple story. So, carry on with the flaming, but make no mistake, nothing is awry as far as my car and IPS goes.

The first sign of amateur hour is a shop talking shit about a car that isn't even running.

You're right, good work does take time. But 8 months? Well, at least there is no excuse for anything to go wrong:)

Anyone willing to make a side bet John's car doesn't see a race until after 7/1?

$1000 sound good?

I tried to recently set a "no later date" of 7/4 but John politely declined. So how about you pay John his $100 forfeit money to me if you guys aren't ready to roll with JP by July 4th? Since you were willing to put a $1k down, this should be a no brainer.

I tried to recently set a "no later date" of 7/4 but John politely declined. So how about you pay John his $100 forfeit money to me if you guys aren't ready to roll with JP by July 4th? Since you were willing to put a $1k down, this should be a no brainer.

I just need to put my $.02 in here because it's been eating at me for a while now. I'm catching on to this whole colt sleeper thing, because it's pretty slick if you ask me, and I'm starting to like JPs style since the initial nutswinging is over and he seems to be decent guy...

BUT I must say, you, sir, are really annoying and I was wondering what it is that keeps your yapper moving like that? Do all of us eager bystanders a favor and shut up. That would be a "no brainer," because your worthless rhetoric gets old after the third post, and it just wastes bandwidth.

Of course he did. Just because the car is up and running and dynoing "X" doesnt mean any of us are in any rush whatsoever to go race a Colt. Like Ive said before, there are PLENTY of fast shitboxes down here and more than enough fast cars to let John get used to the car and used to the power before even thinking about your little show pony. Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

And as far as the whole "Youve had the car for 8 months" Im not even going to bother to reply as its quite clear financial status has no effect on reading comprehension up north.

Oh, and I 1000% agree, you playing PR rep for the colt is getting wayyyyyy old. If it wasnt for the correct spelling and punctuation I *almost* prefer to talk in the same stupid circles with him lol. Congrats on going from "Some rich guy with a badass supra" to "President of Coltfags fanclub"

Jeff

EDIT: Oh, and you avoided my offer, $1000 sound good? If so let me know where to paypal what amount and Ill do that in 5 minutes. If that amount isnt "Baller" enough for you add as many zeros as you like :)

It is my opinion, after reading all of this nonsense, that the best thing for all parties to do is to establish a deadline for this race to happen that is mutually agreed upon by both parties. It seems ridiculous to me for people to slander a shop just because they have a car when no real, firm deadline was ever established. Just because 1 of the 2 cars is currently up and going doesn't seem like a good reason to pick on the other car if something wasn't agreed upon.

Just pick a race date. If then, the car still isn't ready, then it seems more reasonable to me to flame away. Otherwise.........

Of course he did. Just because the car is up and running and dynoing "X" doesnt mean any of us are in any rush whatsoever to go race a Colt. Like Ive said before, there are PLENTY of fast shitboxes down here and more than enough fast cars to let John get used to the car and used to the power before even thinking about your little show pony. Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

And as far as the whole "Youve had the car for 8 months" Im not even going to bother to reply as its quite clear financial status has no effect on reading comprehension up north.

Oh, and I 1000% agree, you playing PR rep for the colt is getting wayyyyyy old. If it wasnt for the correct spelling and punctuation I *almost* prefer to talk in the same stupid circles with him lol. Congrats on going from "Some rich guy with a badass supra" to "President of Coltfags fanclub"

Jeff

EDIT: Oh, and you avoided my offer, $1000 sound good? If so let me know where to paypal what amount and Ill do that in 5 minutes. If that amount isnt "Baller" enough for you add as many zeros as you like :)

Jeff,

I have watched you tirelessly take personal shots at JP and/or respond negatively to every single fucking post that kid has ever made for months. Until recently I have stayed out of it. But I have no problem sticking up for someone who is a decent kid. Hell I don't even know him that well, but he always seems to back his talk up and for that, I respect him. You, on the other hand, believe your shit doesn't stink and it's your arrogance that I and others don't like. The only negative post in this entire thread is from you. Your little e-thug persona is a tired record.

As for betting you a $1k that the car will be ready to race by 7/1, I'm not going to do that. You'll get the car done whenever you feel like it. And since a $1k is a lot of money to you, I'm sure you won't miss the deadline. I feel my offer was fair - forfeit the $100 deposit if the race doesn't happen by x/xx. Since the car is running, 5 weeks should be no problem. Just step up and agree to a date. I have worked with shops on more complex builds than John's set-up and it has never taken this long. But I guess being a bit scared is good :)

Jeff,

I have watched you tirelessly take personal shots at JP and/or respond negatively to every single fucking post that kid has ever made for months. Until recently I have stayed out of it. But I have no problem sticking up for someone who is a decent kid. Hell I don't even know him that well, but he always seems to back his talk up and for that, I respect him. You, on the other hand, believe your shit doesn't stink and it's your arrogance that I and others don't like. The only negative post in this entire thread is from you. Your little e-thug persona is a tired record.

As for betting you a $1k that the car will be ready to race by 7/1, I'm not going to do that. You'll get the car done whenever you feel like it. And since a $1k is a lot of money to you, I'm sure you won't miss the deadline. I feel my offer was fair - forfeit the $100 deposit if the race doesn't happen by x/xx. Since the car is running, 5 weeks should be no problem. Just step up and agree to a date. I have worked with shops on more complex builds than John's set-up and it has never taken this long. But I guess being a bit scared is good :)

Tell you what. Just for giggles, outside of the past week or so (whenever the last coulple Colt threads started) quote me replying/talking/referencing/anything about JP or the Colt on here or Race Club or Col-DSM or OMGCOLTSROXXORS.com or anywhere else. Line them up. I have been much too busy to get involved in all the e-drama but since once again, your implications that Tilleys car is just sitting over in a corner for 8 months collecting dust reflects negatively on my shop, you got me to start making sure people knew what was actually happening on our end. Since youll be lucky to find even one, toss up links to me posting AT ALL. Like to make a side bet on the # ? Since you said "Month" Ill give you 6 -- good luck with that :)

Jeff

EDIT: Ill start. Your dipshit defendant started a thread about me / the shop on a forum he knows Im not on and even though I read thru it and could have replied I didnt say a word because I didnt have time for the stupidity:

http://www.columbusdsm.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=12353

Happy hunting!

Guest Ponyfreak

rant on

What chaps my ass is someone in another city will talk shit and want you to make a special drive alll the way up there just to prove you are faster than they are. 40-50 miles one way would not be a big deal, but 100-200 miles on way is a long way and at least 1/2 a day lost. Then when you do not want to waste your time or fuel money they call you a scared slow pussy.

Fuck that.

Rant off.

rant on

What chaps my ass is someone in another city will talk shit and want you to make a special drive alll the way up there just to prove you are faster than they are. 40-50 miles one way would not be a big deal, but 100-200 miles on way is a long way and at least 1/2 a day lost. Then when you do not want to waste your time or fuel money they call you a scared slow pussy.

Fuck that.

Rant off.

this whole thing started last summer because JP said he was "king of 270," ips never put out a fast car and if one of their customers wants to race he would come down.

So what did i do, i called JP out on columbusdsm where all of this started. its not that we just called him out randomly, its that he ran his mouth said he would go anywhere to race and this is what has happened.

kinda like the only time ive called you out was when you were in columbus

this whole thing started last summer because JP said he was "king of 270," ips never put out a fast car and if one of their customers wants to race he would come down.

So what did i do, i called JP out on columbusdsm where all of this started. its not that we just called him out randomly, its that he ran his mouth said he would go anywhere to race and this is what has happened.

kinda like the only time ive called you out was when you were in columbus

So basically what you're saying is that you started all of this? :p