Got a new toy. Now a question

RedRocket1647545505

Lancaster has a decent range.. ohio valley, right on 33.

i've heard powder room is really nice.

i just sold my glock 22 for dirt cheap. i'm thinking about trading in my AR-15, but i dont want to get shafted on it.

Already put 100rds. through it today. :woowoo: Dad got it for me for an early B-day present. And I know it's been discussed here before, but where are some good ranges?

http://i5.tinypic.com/11r6aac.jpg

This thing kicks ass.

Weird...I'm looking at getting the exact same gun :)

I also like to go to Ohio Valley in Lancaster. They are normally not very busy so you can shoot all day long. I have never made it up to the Powder Room yet, but I am planning on checking that place out in a couple weeks. I think the only other indoor/outdoor range in Delaware is Blackwing. If I remember right it is north of Delaware city. I heard they have good deals on guns and they have a very large selection in stock.

There's a shooting range in Delaware. Not sure where exactly, but I can find out if you're interested. (Not sure what side of town you live on; Delaware may be a little too far north.)

That's Blackwing Shooter's Supply. Their indoor is pretty decent. I don't like the target carriers as well as the ones at New Albany, but otherwise it's good.

Also worth noting, the ventialtion at New Albany is great, and they have very stable target carriers. I am only a few blocks from Blackwing (can hear the shooting in my living room) but I often go to New Albany instead. I don't go to the Powder Room anymore even though it's a bit cheaper mainly because of the terrible ventialtion and junk-ass target carriers.

If you are trying to stay close to home, I'd vote for Ohio Valley. It's second on my list of favorite indoor spots. I still don't care for the target carriers much but it's bright, clean and well ventilated.

I hit the powder room frequently.

Being in the L.E biz, maybe you can answer some questions for me (or anyone else for that matter).

1. Can I legally go to a range and shoot it while I'm 20y.o without someone there with me who is atleast 21? Can I take a friend who is 21?

2. I plan on using this as a carry gun once I turn 21 (july 20th). However, I wasn't sure how that would work out since the gun is technically in my father's name, being that he bought it. Will this cause any conflicts or issues if I'd happen to be pulled over, or something along those lines.

And thanks for all the advice guy. I'm going to look into Ohio Valley. I didn't realize they had a range.

I'm pretty sure most ranges dont want allow you to bring/shoot a firearm if you're under 21. If you take a friend who is 21, and he brings your gun, they probably wont care if you shoot it. I know, it's wierd. I know ohio valley is like this for a fact. I've done it before.

If you ever want to shoot at OVO send me a PM and i'd go with you. Since i live 5 minutes away from the range.

As for the CCW question, I'm not exactly sure. I'll ask my instructors tomorrow. (I'm in the same academy dragknee went through a few months ago)

Black Wing:

http://www.blackwingsc.com/

New Albany:

http://www.nasr.com/

We have a member that works at New Albany, I don't know if he wants to make that public so if he wants to speak up, that's on him. He's a good guy to deal with though, I'll tell you that.

And just because...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/Intel486/Guns/Glock40proenough.jpg

2. I plan on using this as a carry gun once I turn 21 (july 20th). However, I wasn't sure how that would work out since the gun is technically in my father's name, being that he bought it. Will this cause any conflicts or issues if I'd happen to be pulled over, or something along those lines.

It doesn't matter who originally bought the gun as long as it hasn't been reported stolen or been used in a crime. The form your dad filled out was the Brady bill form. I can't remember the technical name for it, but it's not a registration for the gun it just lets the FBI do a back ground check on your dad.

ive shot new albany once and i thought it was a little expensive but a good range. if you dont care about indoor/outdoor, you can go to dicks or gander mountain, pay like 3$ for a shooting range permit and go to any of the ODNR ranges in ohio. i know of one in delaware, 23n to 229, take a right, its a couple miles down on the right

ive shot new albany once and i thought it was a little expensive but a good range. if you dont care about indoor/outdoor, you can go to dicks or gander mountain, pay like 3$ for a shooting range permit and go to any of the ODNR ranges in ohio. i know of one in delaware, 23n to 229, take a right, its a couple miles down on the right

There's also one at Deercreek. Just be careful if you go to an ODNR range. The Rangers at Deercreek will kick you out if you shoot more than a 3 round burst. Everytime I went to Delaware's range it was so packed I didn't even get to do any shooting.

There's an awesome conservation club in Centerburg that I've been a member of for about 10 years now and they have a 170 yard rifle range, a covered pistol range and if you get into skeet shooting the have a really nice area for that too. They also have a very large and stocked pond with some camping area. If anyone is interested in joining I can grab some applications next time I'm up. I'm not sure what the initiation fee is but the yearly dues are only $45.

There's also one at Deercreek. Just be careful if you go to an ODNR range. The Rangers at Deercreek will kick you out if you shoot more than a 3 round burst. Everytime I went to Delaware's range it was so packed I didn't even get to do any shooting.

There's an awesome conservation club in Centerburg that I've been a member of for about 10 years now and they have a 170 yard rifle range, a covered pistol range and if you get into skeet shooting the have a really nice area for that too. They also have a very large and stocked pond with some camping area. If anyone is interested in joining I can grab some applications next time I'm up. I'm not sure what the initiation fee is but the yearly dues are only $45.

What's the name of that club? I think I may have been to several events there when I was younger.