Lets Talk LSX's here

villision1647545496

I am in the market for another car. I am looking at 03-04 z06's. I have a few mods in mind, full exhuast, intake, cam, and tune. However, I can't decide what heads I want.

It is rumored that if you installed ls2 heads(ported, of course) it will bump your compression a little over a full point. Is this true, I can't find any information that backs that statement up.

I am going for an all motor car. I want mid 11's at low 120's.

Any and All info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Ty

Ty, port your stock heads and go with the biggest cam you can find. i recomend the "Magic Stick" from Texas speed this is whats in my car. when modding make sure you do the little things aswell, 160 thermostat, NGKs, wires, Ported TB, TB bybass. For some reason alot of guys miss these. Also makesure you get a good tunner, i recommend Zo6 Eric.

i believe the ls2 heads are 02+ ls6 heads

LS2 heads are LS6 Castings: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521756

How much money you willing to spend on heads? AFR 205cc heads are nice but also a lot of $$$.

If you plan on drag racing you're going need better rear tires.

What are your main plans for the car?

Guest powers
also stay away from 04's if possible if you plan to make more than 600 hp. The fuel system is different for 04 and will cost considerally more to upgrade.

also stay away from 04's if possible if you plan to make more than 600 hp. The fuel system is different for 04 and will cost considerally more to upgrade.

Good point, forgot about that. I think some late 03's are the same too.

Good point, forgot about that. I think some late 03's are the same too.

Correct. The late '03 - '04 had the new style fuel system, which sucks. You can tell if it has the new system by looking up the RPO codes in the glovebox. If it's got the RPO code 'FFS'....don't buy it if you plan on modding.

Also, just porting your heads will not bump up your compression. In order to do that, the heads would have to be milled down. How far down they are milled will dictate how big of an increase in compression you will have.

Guest powers
as linn said Livernois 5 axis cnc lq9 heads, 402 flat top with valve reliefs, cam, NON STOCK GASKETS, fast intake, ls2 throttle body, racetronix pump, injectors, 530-550 rwhp NA.

as linn said Livernois 5 axis cnc lq9 heads, 402 flat top with valve reliefs, cam, NON STOCK GASKETS, fast intake, ls2 throttle body, racetronix pump, injectors, 530-550 rwhp NA.

This setup sounds fimiliar. Ty in all seriousness if you want the car to run its best, then I say leave it stock. :cool:

+1 for the non-stock gaskets :D

Ty, what's your mind set on? Do you want a Vette, or just a LSX? F-Bodies are becoming quite inexpensive, and imagine the extra money available for speed if you bought a car $20k less than you can afford :)

+1 for the non-stock gaskets :D

Ty, what's your mind set on? Do you want a Vette, or just a LSX? F-Bodies are becoming quite inexpensive, and imagine the extra money available for speed if you bought a car $20k less than you can afford :)

+1, buy a loaded up fbody, they can be real nice and cheap, shit you can get a fairly newer one for under $15k w/ low miles.

Yeah, but just think how cool he'd be if he had a Z06. Come on, coolness alone is worth $20K.

Like Linn mentioned, leave the heads alone, go with a big cam and all the supporting mods and own 90% of cars on here on a consistent basis.

Thanks guys.

Anthony, yes, I want a vette.

Like I said my goals are 400hp/400 tq 11.5 @ 122.

This is all the mods I am Highly interested in getting to achieve my goal.

Lg motorsports long tube w/ cat deletes

SLP Loudmouth cat-back

WCC dual crome intake with power duct

LG motorsports G5x3 cam

Fluidyne Rad

160 themro

valve package pushrods, and other items supporting that will support the cam.

Those are the only things I am pretty sure I will be getting.

I would like to do the FAST intake mani, and big heads, I am just not sure If I want to try and get that dirty with a 40K car.

Thanks

Ty

Yeah, but just think how cool he'd be if he had a Z06. Come on, coolness alone is worth $20K.

Like Linn mentioned, leave the heads alone, go with a big cam and all the supporting mods and own 90% of cars on here on a consistent basis.

most of the cars on here dont really race but yea own 90% of the cars you race! with a vette talk to sam about suspension because he know it better then I since it seems you are talkin quarter mile performance for suspension

tilleys old set up made 400 rwhp and this was with a mild cam (X1 cam from MTI). When sam was cam only he made 415 rwhp (GX3) and eric who is also cam only is making 423 rwhp (Thunder racing big cam). All 3 cars had stock ls6 intakes and unported TBs. ty, i hope this gives you an idea of what can be done on the stock heads.

Lg motorsports long tube w/ cat deletes

yes.

SLP Loudmouth cat-back

no.

WCC dual crome intake with power duct

no. Vararam or Halltech

LG motorsports G5x3 cam

yes. Or magic stick 3, or T-Rex, or any other large cam with specs close to those.

Fluidyne Rad

why?

160 themro

meh.

valve package pushrods, and other items supporting that will support the cam.

Don't go cheap here.

~~Drive Line mods~~

If you're planning on hitting the track or launching hard with sticky tire, you're going to want a DTE tranny/diff brace, and atleast a heavy duty driver side output shaft.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it up.