What should I check for on a GTP w/ 130k miles?

Bam

The guy says its mainly hwy since he is a traveling salesman, and the car looks to be in fair shape, besides the drivers side seat, pretty worn/small tears. He said/has receipts for service, including fluid flushes, timing belt/waterpump, and some other things. Its' a 98, 2dr coupe, and I can get it for a steal. Just looking for some easy things to look for before I buy this thing.

I was doing some research into this as well. There is a clank in the steering column that was a issue. If you plan on modding i was told not to buy a 97 GTP just because the pcm and the head was a different design (not as reliable.) Also if you hear a faint clicking sound It is commonaly a part in the supercharger (costs around 50 bucks) One of the guys from intense racing gave me all the info and im sure they could be much more technical.

Mine is up for sale as well if anyone is interested, not to hijack a thread, PM me if ya need info. But the blowers are sometimes problems, and check into the trans fluid changes and what not. I have torched 2 transmissions in mine, but were mechanical problems, not fluid but it cant hurt to check into. Other than that they are pretty sound, im sure it has leaking valve cover gaskets cause they almost all do, lol.

Mine is up for sale as well if anyone is interested, not to hijack a thread, PM me if ya need info. But the blowers are sometimes problems, and check into the trans fluid changes and what not. I have torched 2 transmissions in mine, but were mechanical problems, not fluid but it cant hurt to check into. Other than that they are pretty sound, im sure it has leaking valve cover gaskets cause they almost all do, lol.

Is your around $1500 as well? If so I'm interested, please PM me info.

I doubt they changed the timing chain in it. I REALLY doubt it. I'm guessing they just replaced the accessory belt.

For $1500 I'd hit it.. and not really worry about little things that need done to it. I bought my 95 regal with 138k on it. Has around 184 now and just put a water pump on it.. that's it. Oh, and changed the oil from time to time too :).