new [slow] car in ohio

stevethepirate

not too sure where this thread belongs... this looked like the best place.

I just moved out to Ohio from philly, going to college in wooster (NE Ohio i guess. its SW of Akron)

Its a 2002 Sunset Orange Metallic (V6 unfortunately) camaro. i havent been to the track since i started modding it, but stock, it ran a best of 15.2 @ 88.5 with a 2.19 60'.

It came from the factory with 3.42's, no posi though.

since ive had it, ive added a few things..

Whisper lid

K&N filter

TSP Rumbler catback

Pacesetter Ceramic-Coated Headers and Y-pipe

Catco high-flow cat

NX wet shot (jetted at 50 right now, im going to up it to 75 soon)

180* thermo

then a billet grill, some drilled/slotted rotors, and a sh!tload of meguires gold class products :eek:

I have a warbird hood that needs to get painted, just sitting back in my room in philly... so i guess i'll do that over christmas when the car is garaged or something.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/steveydthepirate/P1010159.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c78/steveydthepirate/P1010156.jpg

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL874/3556528/8433502/180046704.jpg

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL874/3556528/8433502/113566607.jpg

(trust me, those tips are long gone)

suggestions?

Just an FYI, you shoulda posted this in The Classroom. No biggie, it'll get moved soon.

I've loved that color since my friend got a Firebird in the same color back in high school. Sounds like you're doing some good things so far. Is it manual or automatic? Only suggestion I can think of is maybe some bigger wheels; the current wheels look small and don't fill the wells very much. Just my $0.02. Oh, and welcome to the boards.

damn, didnt even see this section... its been a long day.

thanks for the welcomes. the car is definitely getting some nice rims, just gotta figure out what. everyone has the corvette rims (i would say C6 or C5, im not a fan of the Z06's), and all the other rims are like... 2 grand.

i also need to buy a beater for the insane Ohio winters... my car doesnt like snow.

I currently am suffering from an EGR leak after getting the pacesetters installed, so i have to figure that out, and then i'll get to the track if people go sometime. i just dont think that spraying with an exhaust leak would be that much fun.

eh, it sorta was a joke. i just noticed in all the other threads that there was a $20 race "initiation" or something, lol.

and how the hell can you run 14.4x stock?

100lbs=1/10th of a second, right?

aka you would have to lose at least 600 lbs, and be one hell of a driver. what gears was it?

Nobody can beat me at being slow!!! Well, ok, the K&N went in this afternoon, so if someone's driving, say, a stock Yugo, they might give me some trouble.

You're not shitting anyone about that one. We have one (06 Civic Hybrid) for a fleet vehicle and it's SLOWwwwww.

You're not shitting anyone about that one. We have one (06 Civic Hybrid) for a fleet vehicle and it's SLOWwwwww.

Ehh... it just takes its good old time about getting up to speed, that's all. I sure as hell won't be beating anyone off a dead start, but it's been up to about 80-85 mph without complaining. Can't really go any faster on I-71 up to CTown without risking a trooper around the semi-blind turns.

yeah, the accord i used to drive was nice, kinda like a sleeper. i could floor it, and no one would notice :p

i did go 125 in it though... which is faster than ive been in my 3.8.

(i dont really speed in my car anyways... just never want to)

and how the hell can you run 14.4x stock?

100lbs=1/10th of a second, right?

aka you would have to lose at least 600 lbs, and be one hell of a driver. what gears was it?

Lost about 300-400 lbs.

I am a hell of a driver

3.90 gears

The 3.8 is in my 89 RX7, hence the weight loss and 3.90 gears. Also, it does have headers and exhaust and somewhat of a CAI, both needed for installation into the RX7.

Is that what the black one ran? not bad.

Not bad, but you would definitely have the upper hand if we raced