Triple nickel ride on 08/10 report.

jagr

Long day but good time.

we had about 20 riders to start including 4 from OhioRiders.

phop5, dirty, reconrat and myself.

i have no idear how we got down there. Rt. 13 i think. the towns kept getting smaller and the trailers more run down the further south we went.

The restraunt in Amesville was Awesome. Country fare at its best. it was like a Thanksgiving meal for $8.

So now that we are fat and happy and ready for a nap we hit the nickel.

reconrat said we were doing half speed for him, but it was a comfortable clip. things were going great untill my shifter fell off. i was doing a pre-corner downshift and theres nothing under my toe but air. NICE.

So i half assed fixed it.

rode to Zanesville for ice cream. yeah we are hard like that.

then wind-tunnelled it back to C_BUS on I-70.

Happy Trails....

Yup, was fun. I got a few flicks on the nickel. Didn't turn out too bad. Better than YouTube quality, but won't matter after it's uploaded to YouTube anyway. Too bad the flicks I took the week before didn't work out. I don't know if I want to go try that again, at a high rate of speed, just to make a movie. Maybe with a better camera. Taking flicks and pics while moving is a series of attempts and errors. Oh well.

Yup, was fun. I got a few flicks on the nickel. Didn't turn out too bad. Better than YouTube quality, but won't matter after it's uploaded to YouTube anyway. Too bad the flicks I took the week before didn't work out. I don't know if I want to go try that again, at a high rate of speed, just to make a movie. Maybe with a better camera. Taking flicks and pics while moving is a series of attempts and errors. Oh well.

send me a link to the youtube posts.

as far as speed. i know alot of people Speed up the playback just a lttle to make it seem they were flying. you can alwways tell those. good riding wit h you today. ready for more whenever.

Yeah, ok. But for a computer geek I don't really know much about editing and posting to YouTube. It will take a while. Or maybe I can get one of the other guys to do it for me. Usually a great deal of the footage is wasted stuff. Have to cut it all out, and stitch the pieces together, add music. Got a nice shot of your shifter hanging down.

Long day but good time.

we had about 20 riders to start including 4 from OhioRiders.

phop5, dirty, reconrat and myself.

i have no idear how we got down there. Rt. 13 i think. the towns kept getting smaller and the trailers more run down the further south we went.

The restraunt in Amesville was Awesome. Country fare at its best. it was like a Thanksgiving meal for $8.

So now that we are fat and happy and ready for a nap we hit the nickel.

reconrat said we were doing half speed for him, but it was a comfortable clip. things were going great untill my shifter fell off. i was doing a pre-corner downshift and theres nothing under my toe but air. NICE.

So i half assed fixed it.

rode to Zanesville for ice cream. yeah we are hard like that.

then wind-tunnelled it back to C_BUS on I-70.

Happy Trails....

Glad to hear you all had a good ride!

More importantly though, did you tell the other 16 not from Ohio Riders about the site????

:D

just the half that would listen.

and sorry dark lord but i had a rideohio.org shirt on. havent got a ride ohio-riders shirt yet.

ive been meaning to ask you why no black tshirts?

fat kids love black!

good ride!! we started out rt158 to Carrol-eastern rd.; right on 37 to Coonpath. Coonpath east to 664 back to 37 (to by-pass Lancaster). 37 into New Lex to pick up 13. 13 south to 329 east to Amesville ( the eatery is right on the corner of 329 and 550) 550 north to 377 to Chesterhill where we picked up the triple nickle!! good roads, little traffic, lots of bikes, a few problems, and many smiles!!!

So the guy leading the group wants to see a covered bridge. Which was missing when we got there; don't ask. It's in a valley on a gravel road. Just a short stretch of gravel, some of it deep. Washboard style, and uphill, it wasn't much fun. Stood up on pegs and rode like a cowboy. Front wheel drifting left and right, skidding about. Bouncing up and down on the ruts. We lost half the pack right there. Guess they forgot how to keep the momentum and traction going to get through conditions like that. Dunno, maybe they had to get out and push. They never said what took so long, but they made it out ok.

• 2 years later...

I ne'er did get those links brochacho. Apparently I have limitless patience. :D

oh crap... pics vids and link hunting this week, I guess...

no worries, I don't throw much data files away...

:lol: I'm sure you don't.

Or we could do it again when the nik gets cleared off a lil more.

:lol: I'm sure you don't.

Or we could do it again when the nik gets cleared off a lil more.

We rode it Sunday the 5th and it wasn't too bad only a couple spots were bad. Most of the gravel was in the straights and the corners that had it weren't covered. The areas in the trees were still damp but we were on it a little early it seemed to be drying pretty fast.