Video Editing Software, what do you use?

Billiumss

Personally I've had good luck with Pinnacle products. I currently have version 10.5. Your more than welcome to a copy of it if you like (or any of the other products i'll list). Its very easy to use and doesnt require a powerful machine to run it.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio is in many ways similar to Pinnacle Studio. I didnt see any advantage to using this over pinnacle so I still use pinnacle. The Dvd Author software is a little more powerful with its capabilities but it also has a HUGE users manual and will take some time to master. I think I have a copy of version 6 and had no problem figuring out how to use it.

Adobe products are great. They are laid out very similar to Photoshop (appearance wise) CS and are fairly simple to navigate. I have a copy of Adobe Production Studio but havent messed with it enough to really master it.

Avid products (I have Liquid 7 and XpressPro HD 5.2) are top of the line programs. They allow more input formats than the others and will output in HD. This comes with a price though, they are more complicated to use and require a very fast machine. I have 2 gig of ram and a 2.2ghz Athlon XP and it wasn't nearly enough to run either programs.

IMHO i'd stick with Pinnacle. The final product is good quality and its very simple to use. I have 10.5 w/ the cracks and you can unlock nearly every feature the thing has, stuff you'll probably never use.

Personally I've had good luck with Pinnacle products. I currently have version 10.5. Your more than welcome to a copy of it if you like (or any of the other products i'll list). Its very easy to use and doesnt require a powerful machine to run it.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio is in many ways similar to Pinnacle Studio. I didnt see any advantage to using this over pinnacle so I still use pinnacle. The Dvd Author software is a little more powerful with its capabilities but it also has a HUGE users manual and will take some time to master. I think I have a copy of version 6 and had no problem figuring out how to use it.

Adobe products are great. They are laid out very similar to Photoshop (appearance wise) CS and are fairly simple to navigate. I have a copy of Adobe Production Studio but havent messed with it enough to really master it.

Avid products (I have Liquid 7 and XpressPro HD 5.2) are top of the line programs. They allow more input formats than the others and will output in HD. This comes with a price though, they are more complicated to use and require a very fast machine. I have 2 gig of ram and a 2.2ghz Athlon XP and it wasn't nearly enough to run either programs.

IMHO i'd stick with Pinnacle. The final product is good quality and its very simple to use. I have 10.5 w/ the cracks and you can unlock nearly every feature the thing has, stuff you'll probably never use.

Sending you a PM...