Quad question

Gergwheel1647545492

Is there any FAST 4x4 quads out there? i am looking for something that is as fast as a raptor 660 but has 4x4 to get through the rough stuff. Or if you have another opinion of what i should get please let me know. I am new to the quad scene but i have riden a yzf450 (fast as hell) and a raptor660 (still pretty quick) and i am looking to get a 4-wheeler now.

they now make a sportsman 800 EFI 4 wheel drive quad. It all depends on what u want to go through if u want just mud then get a sport quad there still meant for off-road. I have a predator 500 and it will go through just about anything.

a scramble 500 is probably the fastest out there......that I know of. And it wouldn't touch a raptor. Do a bunch of modifications and it might. Can't have the best of both worlds. I haven't really kept of with the new line of quads out, so maybe there is something different out. But the raptor is a fast quad.

I have a 400ex and ussually don't get stuck unless I am trying too. lol.

I would have to agree with 2000silvergtp. I have a Honda 300ex, not the fastest quad out there. But I rarely get stuck, and I go through the same stuff my cousin goes through on his 4x4 quad. If you want a fast quad get a two wheel drive. If you want a quick quad that will go a few more places get a 4x4.

I gotta say buy polaris. They've donated large amounts of money to the quad and 4x4 organizations recently. I don't know alot about quads myself, but The Honda I had was 2wheel drive and getting stuck didn't happen much. I'd think that a 4x4 would be more for the fat old men to chug along on though. To easy. Or just get a truck if your into hill climbs.

Evan

i would stay away from anything polaris. unless you like to do expensive cutch changes often. if you want a 4x4 i would go for a 4x4 for purpose. if you want to go fast get a 2wd sport quad.ive ridden fast 4x4s and they will kill you if you try and ride fast then i rode a banshee with elka suspension and it was like a caddy. then rode a raptor and it always wanted to flip. then a 400z and it was wheelie happy. id have to say the best ive ridden was a yamaha 450r. with elka shocks, and widened a arms and rear axle. stupid fast can make it through anything, climbs hills like mad, and dosent beat you up to ride it. just my 2 cents. I personally have a 300 ex for my girlfriend and a lt 250 r for me. and its very nice to drive.

I personally don't know of too many places where you could truly open up something like a 660 in Ohio, and like Evan said, 4x4's really aren't all that necessary. I would suggest saving some cash and getting something midsize two wheel drive. I'm biased towards a sport/utility type atv, as you can still get some speed out of it when you want, but they run the trails here a bit better than some sort of racing bike.

And yeah, if you are going used check out the Polaris bikes The Pikey is selling on here, it's a great deal. I would have jumped on one of them if I would have been able to scrape the money together. I have seen them in person and they are in excellent shape.

I personally don't know of too many places where you could truly open up something like a 660 in Ohio,

I opened mine up all the time when I had it. Plenty of places to do it. Maybe not specifically on a trail, but who says you have to ride on a trail? :D