Concealed Carry: for the non believers.

dragknee66

next time we have a shootfest you should come you can learn to shoot handguns and rifles. Even if you were never to shoot agin you would at least have a better understanding of them and the basic knowledge to know how to handle one if you ever needed to.

I want it in on this too. I wanted to come to the last one but had to work that day. You know where to find me.

http://www2.wcoil.com/~lpd/Concealed%20Carry%20Sign%20thumb.jpg

What I was told by the guy who was teaching my class was these signs technically don't apply to people with a ccw. because if you notice the part where it says "Unless otherwise authorized by law" so if you have your permit you are authorized by law. But I still pass out those no gun no money cards and just avoid those places.

but really is a pain in the but trying to figure out whether or not your aloud to carry in certain places. Hell i went to West virginia today and was walking around the mall when i realized i wasnt aloud to have it in WV (or at least i dont think i am. <-- point proven :)

http://www.cremationofcare.com/images/humour_no_weapons.JPG

its nice though, i think having my concealed carry got me out of a ticket in cleveland last friday. officer came up and was real mad that i was driving 45 in a 25 (i didnt know the speed limit) and as soon as i told him i was packing with a ccw he became really cool and just told me to slow down, didnt even ask to see my insurance or anything. but im sure there are the cops out there that would use it against you.

its nice though, i think having my concealed carry got me out of a ticket in cleveland last friday. officer came up and was real mad that i was driving 45 in a 25 (i didnt know the speed limit) and as soon as i told him i was packing with a ccw he became really cool and just told me to slow down, didnt even ask to see my insurance or anything. but im sure there are the cops out there that would use it against you.

Can't they tell from running your plates whether or not you are carrying?

Can't they tell from running your plates whether or not you are carrying?

I think so, but i dont think he ran my plates. also they're leasing plates so i dont know how that works because the plates arent registered to me they are registered to my dads business.

yes/no...in this case, I think the likelyhood of killing that crook and being convicted of a crime would be pretty slim. he was committing armed robbery and lives were in danger. however, the flip side of it is that while I have a permit to carry, I wouldn't go off pretending to be clint eastwood...not unless he threatened the lives of me or my family. he can have the money and goods......

I wont' keep mine in plane site in the car regardless of what the law says. I was pulled over in Jan for speeding and the cop never asked and I never indicated it was in the car. If he asked, that's a different story...but otherwise, he can just write me a speeding ticket or whatever....I'm not the type to warrant a search on my car so odds are it won't bite me.

I'm a pretty big fan of CC laws. I travel all over the country and there's no way I'm going around in todays society without an edge. I just remember many moons ago when I was just starting martial arts when I asked my instructor why he carried a gun (he was a cop with a 9th degree black belt....a true master) and his reponse was, that was his backup if ever he was in a very bad situation.

I am all for conceiled carry, but it isn't like someone could have just stood up and shot the dude without consequences.

I wont' keep mine in plane site in the car regardless of what the law says. I was pulled over in Jan for speeding and the cop never asked and I never indicated it was in the car. If he asked, that's a different story...but otherwise, he can just write me a speeding ticket or whatever....I'm not the type to warrant a search on my car so odds are it won't bite me.

I was under the impression that you have to tell the police that you have a permit even if you dont have your firearm. otherwise i think you can get into trouble if the run you and it comes up that you have a permit. I was also under the impression that if you break any of the rules like the open carry rule, its an automatic felony. I could be wrong, but i still wouldnt want to give them the chance to take my permit away.

For the safety of the officer(s) we should tell them we have a firearm on our person, or in the vehicle. This is a way of saying "I come in peace" :D J/K But if something happens and they end up searching your vehicle (mistaken identity, b.s., ect) you could get into trouble.

And if you shoot out of self defense you can still end up in court defending yourself. If you search online there have been people that have spent time in jail for shooting burglers that broke into their house (pretty stupid huh). Like previously stated if I feel like my family is in danger it is my duty to protect them. But shooting someone doesnt mean that they wont have time to shoot back before they die. Unless you have a cannon, or good training most bullets do not stop a person dead in their tracks. It can take seconds before they actually drop... especially people on drugs with more adrenaline built up. This is a good thread for awareness. I think everyone should have a gun so that criminals have to think twice before they do dumb stuff.

I was under the impression that you have to tell the police that you have a permit even if you dont have your firearm. otherwise i think you can get into trouble if the run you and it comes up that you have a permit. I was also under the impression that if you break any of the rules like the open carry rule, its an automatic felony. I could be wrong, but i still wouldnt want to give them the chance to take my permit away.

If you have your ccw and don't have a weapon in the car when you

get pulled over. You do not have to tell them that you have a ccw.

If you have your ccw and get pulled over with a loaded weapon locked

up, and you do not tell the officer and then he asked or finds out himself

it is an automatic felony.

Anytime an officer is doing actual police work and your involved in any way

you have to tell them that you have a ccw and your carrying. If the officer

is not doing police work your do not have to tell them if you don't want to.

I have yet to actually run a tag that pops up with a carry permit. Im pretty sure I would just get an announcement alert for it, something that the entire county can see as well as myself.

In leads, a warning pops up that the person has a CCW. I'm not sure on MDT(the computers that are in the cruiser) Since they use a different data system....

If you have your ccw and don't have a weapon in the car when you

get pulled over. You do not have to tell them that you have a ccw.

If you have your ccw and get pulled over with a loaded weapon locked

up, and you do not tell the officer and then he asked or finds out himself

it is an automatic felony.

Anytime an officer is doing actual police work and your involved in any way

you have to tell them that you have a ccw and your carrying. If the officer

is not doing police work your do not have to tell them if you don't want to.

I have some friends with CCW's and i know they make it known they have a ccw and a loaded weapon. More of the "just so you know, and are not surprised if you find out, i have a gun, i can also supply all neccessary documentation etc..."

I have some friends with CCW's and i know they make it known they have a ccw and a loaded weapon. More of the "just so you know' date=' and are not surprised if you find out, i have a gun, i can also supply all neccessary documentation etc..."[/quote']

What does this have to do with what I said, meaning why did you

quote me?

What does this have to do with what I said, meaning why did you

quote me?

I'm agreeing with you, to a certain extent. What im trying to convey is most CCW owners that i know like to inform the officer regaurdless of whether their gun is locked up or not.

however i've never heard anything about it being a felony if you DON'T tell the officer while he is conducting police work. I've always just been told that it would be a really good idea to do so.

Whats invovled with getting it ? I do hate that alot of places wont let you take you gun..

I am so pro gun.

i'm working on my collection now.

not to be a dick, but if your the same kid that had the beetle and almost killed a bunch of us in gahanna back in the day... you are the last person who should own a firearm...

If I have confused you with someone else I apologize, but I'm about 99% sure I'm talking to bug-boy

Our state has the shittiest, most ass-backwards concealed carry laws. I have my CCW and I don't even bother carrying anymore because there are so many rules and "gray areas" that it's just not worth it. The criminals really do have more rights than we have when it comes to concealed carry.

It's totally fucking ignorant.

I have a gun permit which makes me qualified(thru the classes I took to get it)to get my CCW but I never did. I agree its not really worth it.

but really is a pain in the but trying to figure out whether or not your aloud to carry in certain places. Hell i went to West virginia today and was walking around the mall when i realized i wasnt aloud to have it in WV (or at least i dont think i am. <-- point proven :)

Packing.org is your friend.

WV Does not offer out of state permits. WV has reciprocity with VA and Kentucky, and thats about it. Kentucky does not offer out of state permits, but VA does. I'm not totally sure if it works this way, but I assume that if you get an out of state VA permit, that you would then be able to carry in WV.

I have a gun permit which makes me qualified(thru the classes I took to get it)to get my CCW but I never did. I agree its not really worth it.

I took the class purely for the training I received and the knowledge I gained about the laws from the two very experienced officers who were teaching the class. Most of the laws that they talked about involved protecting yourself or someone else if your/their life is in danger. These laws apply the same regardless if you have a CCW or not. Although I knew how to shoot and have plenty of experience, they went over some good techniques and training about shooting and how to handle your weapon. I learned how to shoot multiple targets while I was moving. I had only ever shoot at one target while I was stationary before this class. There's really no trick to it, but I had never even done or thought about doing it before. That's a possible real life scenario if you are trying to protect yourself or someone else in a hostile situation. It was a great class, and I took it thinking I probably wouldn't get my CCW, and I don't plan really plan on getting it.

I'm agreeing with you, to a certain extent. What im trying to convey is most CCW owners that i know like to inform the officer regaurdless of whether their gun is locked up or not.

however i've never heard anything about it being a felony if you DON'T tell the officer while he is conducting police work. I've always just been told that it would be a really good idea to do so.

oh, ok. I didn't realize what you meant.

Yeah it doesn't hurt to inform the officer. Its in the ccw law book for

felony if you don't tell and they find out or even ask you and you have not informed them.