03 Wrx My New Toy

thorne

So I picked up a 03 WRX tonight. I am trying to learn more about them, other then what i read about descent reliablity from MSN. What options did it have?

So here is mine.

Silver / BIG FOG LIGHTS / Wing (little) / 2 tailpipes out the muffler / MOMO wheel / boost gauge.

Whats the best upgrades ? whats the best bang for the buck. Any special care instructions i should know?

I know there are alot of subby fans.

don't know too much about them myself, but I do know there's a nice shop over towards Hilliard that is pretty well known for doing some good work on them.

there are some good wrx forums I'm sure. I frequented http://www.legacygt.com/forums/ for the legacy when I was considering a turbo sedan. some good info and leads there for sure.

one thing I love about wrx's is that after market exhausts can sound sweeeet on those boxer motors.

So I picked up a 03 WRX tonight. I am trying to learn more about them, other then what i read about descent reliablity from MSN. What options did it have?

So here is mine.

Silver / BIG FOG LIGHTS / Wing (little) / 2 tailpipes out the muffler / MOMO wheel / boost gauge.

Whats the best upgrades ? whats the best bang for the buck. Any special care instructions i should know?

I know there are alot of subby fans.

ATM yes. But come spring I've got a few toys in mind ..

ECU -?MORE BOOST?

BOV - Handle more boost

DP

intake

More expensive for the same amount of power, only benefit is awd. More power to you man, they just aren't cheap to mod. Chip it or do whatever to up the boost and we'll run them, sound good? :)

sweet guys for all the info. First things first I HATE THE FUCKING TIRES ON IT.

To start there normaly loud.

second the wore out shitty (Bad rotation plus fun driving i bet)

they make road noise. I'm used to the montes ultra quite. But i drove a STI and it made more noise then the monte tooo. Its weird to feel the road again. BUT cornering this car is so superiour to my old car.

and Matt.

Monte started out @ 15.0

WRX starts out @ 14.4

so 10sec subby so i can play with linn :)

I need to find out about ECU flash. I want the tuner but don't have the moeny right now but 105$ for the cable plus openecu.org has maps

Jesus this car has a way bigger aftermarket then the monte.

so 10sec subby so i can play with linn :)

I need to find out about ECU flash. I want the tuner but don't have the moeny right now but 105$ for the cable plus openecu.org has maps

Jesus this car has a way bigger aftermarket then the monte.

i know shrek tunes most of the subies in columbus

i know shrek tunes most of the subies in columbus

^This statement is completely false....

John tunes Utec.

Good luck paying 10k or more to make a 03 wrx into the 10's. It can run in the 12's for around 5k. Ask DJ about his VF34 WRX.

The trans are fine if you do not drive like a fucking tool.

Thorne if you want good info and someone to listen to you about, what you want PM me.

I'll give you the first lesson on moding a subaru WRX:

A) no aftermarket intake at all untill you intall a bigger turbo, the stock intake flows as well as any AM intake. no intake has showed a gain on the TD04 on a dyno.

B) Absolutly no fucking BOV unless you go to a Front Mount Intercooler.

These are the things that all the ricers and 19 yo put on and wonder why their car runs like shit. They are a waste of money.

Thorne I have owned 4 WRXs since 02(02, 03 and now 2-05s). I have seen everything. Ask anthony about my knowlege, I was helping him when he was looking for a WRX. I am in PHX airport right now comming home, if you PM me I will contact you tommorow evening.

I was not sure If i upped the boost if it would cause a problem and need a new bov/dv (VW's need upgraded ones with boost)

again intake was another vw thing.

Some reserch today says.

turbo back, is good route (DJ says )

I want this to be a sorta sleeper I really want to avoid the big ass exhaust pipe. Would like to get the top mount for a while if possible. But I would like to get it into the 13's next year.

I am debating of cutting some of the shit out and replacing it with str8 pipe... I dunno

Stage 1 require 0 mods but is it worth it.

Stage 2 Needs a DP it says I think thats it I am going to wait for spaceghost to educate me.