• 14 years later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slinging mortgages and on the water!

CR "stock" f350

2100HP in boats

Considering a fun cruiser and watching the market...but the fun car market looks just like every other market and the prices are inflated through the roof!

-Marc

Slinging mortgages and on the water!

CR "stock" f350

2100HP in boats

Considering a fun cruiser and watching the market...but the fun car market looks just like every other market and the prices are inflated through the roof!

-Marc

its amazing to me that people are buying at these prices. Its like they think this is going to last....

its amazing to me that people are buying at these prices. Its like they think this is going to last....

It amazes me what people are willing to do/pay regarding appraisal gaps, etc. I'm seeing horrible financial decisions being made and all I can do is give my .02 and do what they tell me they want and technically qualify for. Blows my mind.

-Marc

It amazes me what people are willing to do/pay regarding appraisal gaps, etc. I'm seeing horrible financial decisions being made and all I can do is give my .02 and do what they tell me they want and technically qualify for. Blows my mind.

-Marc

Oh that's not good. Subprime-like event coming?

-Marc

Bring those bad decisions my way when I sell.

Pure insanity. We sold to build, and the date keeps being pushed. Pricing climbs higher. Just bailed.

Content with renting at the moment, as it will all collapse soon enough!

This time around, I'm buying a ton of property.

Pure insanity. We sold to build, and the date keeps being pushed. Pricing climbs higher. Just bailed.

Who was your builder that kept upping the price? we were told once we sign the number wont change with Wayne homes.

Who was your builder that kept upping the price? we were told once we sign the number wont change with Wayne homes.

Fully custom home. Mix of concrete, steel, and wood. Oddball modern structure and they only use "sustainable" materials.... They were having issues sourcing for current builds, which kept moving back our date obviously. Pricing on things have skyrocketed. They gave our deposit back, without any fuss. But we now have $5,000ish worth of blueprints that may never be used though :fuuuu:

Thats pretty much where im at. We sold in Nashville for an absurd amount, but havent been able to find a decent house in Westerville/Galena area. Everything is a shitty corner lot, old, not updated, sitting under power lines and its all going for 5% or more over ask. Normally those houses would sit on a market for months and go well under ask. This is how people make really bad financial decisions. Over pay by $50k-$100k+ now on a house and when we see a correction be under water in the loan.

I grabbed a townhome got the time being. Ive worked to hard for my money to throw it away on shitty houses I dont even like.

Been here 14 years. Had an Integra Type R that was Procharged (man I miss that car). Got married/divorced, bought/sold a house, added a couple jobs. Got out of cars for a little while. Got into bikes. Getting back into cars with my SHO, still have 2 Harleys, bought a house in this wonderful climate due to landlord selling and not being able to find a decent rental in my area. Still testing automotive industry products and working in public safety (Fire/EMS).

I'm still here. Maybe its lame, but this forum is a place I visit almost daily to keep entertained, informed, and provide unsolicited feedback;-)

Last few years I've moved near Myrtle Beach, SC and decided to try self employment. Here with all the commerce I'm really just an IT handyman so I get paid good to do stupid shit out at business locations, ie hotels, restaurants, etc that it would cost way to much to fly someone out to do. Been fighting some type of autoimmune sickness that docs haven't figured out yet so thats been annoying, but I'm as stubborn an asshole in real life as I seem like I am on this forum so I've been improving.

Lately I've been planning to begin switching my career over to full time day trading, since I have a ton of free time I do it on my slow days already and hopefully I can get completely out of IT work and its been a very long goal of mine since I was a teen.

Been here 10 years now. I worked for Liebert when I started, got laid off December of 19 and now I work for the city of Columbus. I had a turd gen Camaro when I joined, now I daily a 05 S4 and have a rx7 and a wrx as projects.

What department were you in at Liebert? I've been at Vertiv since 2018.

An older member here that joined before the fast and the furious came out.

I'm an old man now with a few daughters, so I'm working a few jobs to take care of all the woman in my house,

I got lucky and sold my house at the right time to buy one in Dublin, then refinanced it at the right time

I'm an old man now with a few daughters, so I'm working a few jobs to take care of all the woman in my house

Ugh yeah I got a few of those too, one just finished a year of middle school, FML

What department were you in at Liebert? I've been at Vertiv since 2018.

I worked there 05-19 and I was all over the floor. The last 4 years there I was in maintenance, but kind of on loan to the mcv and hrs lines (it was a weird arrangement). Honestly, I miss the people, but as far as work goes I am much happier now.