Where are they now?

Doug1647545489

clay would have to toss me in the back in order to get any traction.

i remember eli and i riding along in a certain white supra and running into a certain black cobra getting onto 71 south at polaris. im not sure how far up the ladder we took it, but with the targa top off, riding in that car felt akin to sitting right below a huge vacuum cleaner. i dont think they let off till we went under 270. i remember thinking "both of these guys are going to stay in this until we find ourselves in orbit dodging satellites". the only thing any of us could hear was tilleys blower screaming like a damn banshee.

oh, and i remember tina telling us she was a stripper. yuk.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember eli and i riding along in a certain white supra and running into a certain black cobra getting onto 71 south at polaris. im not sure how far up the ladder we took it, but with the targa top off, riding in that car felt akin to sitting right below a huge vacuum cleaner. i dont think they let off till we went under 270. i remember thinking "both of these guys are going to stay in this until we find ourselves in orbit dodging satellites". the only thing any of us could hear was tilleys blower screaming like a damn banshee.

:cool:

Mm yeah, first night "out" I raced TurboPrick in his GN with my FD... cops came everyone left, shut down that place shortly after... can't even remember the road name, it was eh... off of 270, west side.

Anyway, my crew at first was Zavier and Jason since they had FD's, then met Brett and Jeff racin the Lazer, 300ZX, FD... went flying by a cop at like 90+ (slammed on my brakes due to a Valentine explosion) and we went 3 wide around the corner to see Mr. Officer sitting there waiting. For some reason, me going 90 and the other two going 100+ didn't warrant him pulling out. To this day we all joke about that one.

Raced Anthony in his car a bunch, smacked down a bunch of F bodies, then sold the RX7 and got the 600F4i. Ran faster cars, still found some that could beat me (Kyle's RX7, I think it's Buzz with the yellow Z06? Brett's 300ZX by the very end of it's life cycle was as fast). Aforementioned TurboPrick and I had a late night collision on the bikes and one of the stunt spots, went to the hospital, bike totaled, really dodged a bullet on that one. That and the Viper guy who totalled his car and spent 5 weeks in the hospital a week after I got done racing him on my bike caused me to slow down a little on that thing LOL.

Graduated 2004, took a job in Columbus, shitty pay and shitty people. Left shortly after for Austin, Texas and a real job. Took a sales job with the same company in Pittsburgh April of last year. Now the Columbus territory opened, same job, and I jumped on it.

So... Full circle baby, except I doubled my pay from the first shitty job and am now on track :) Going to buy a house and start getting settled for a long career of sales, entrepreneuring, and racing in Columbus. Maybe an OSU MBA some day. Glad to be on my way back. I can't believe some of the guys answering this thread, awesome LOL.

alex! you are still in town, stop by the shop sometime.

zavier

• 2 weeks later...
So, remember after some heehawing around, Brett finally admitted his girlfriend at the time (supercharger install) DID have a landing strip? :D

Ahahah that's funny as hell, though I wasn't around to hear it...

Old memories coming back... Brett and Marc going at it again... Brett you are a troublemaker!

Zavier, not back yet, but will be soon... April is the proposed timeframe with my company at the moment. I will stop in when I get back! Do you still have your 7?

• 1 month later...

What is columbus racing? Is this a new street gang what do I have to do to join?

Real OG's were around before CR, Columbus DSM was the first forum around even though 1/16th of the members actually drove dsm's. Wassup to all my Charter and Westbelt brothers and a holla to my Carrige Place peeps.

What is columbus racing? Is this a new street gang what do I have to do to join?

Real OG's were around before CR, Columbus DSM was the first forum around even though 1/16th of the members actually drove dsm's. Wassup to all my Charter and Westbelt brothers and a holla to my Carrige Place peeps.

Gayest gay to ever be gay.......

Joined say round 16ish, had a 1992 Honda Accord EX, with God awful stickers, fart pipe, euros and the whole works. Was a shift manager over at Donatos Pizza in Dublin slangin out free pizza makin the cash to mod my POS. Hung around the Bethal Road, Sawmill Steak n Shake, west side shit, and pretty much any parking lot that wouldn't throw us out for sittin there. Since then, joined the army, did 2 tours of Iraq, and bought a 98 Z28 that's in dire need of a head/cam package. Back then was deffinately the best times of my life, since I honestly didn't have a care in the world and was an innocent kid.

Guest Scoobysnack
Not even close to orginial, but the only thing I really remember from my first night out was, "Can get I get 40 chili cheese burritos and a pepsi please."

I was around since December of 2002. I had a 2003 MR2 Spyder and my wife had a 2004 Forester XT. I worked at a few RadioShack stores, eventually managing the store on Sunbury Rd. I moved away from Columbus when my wife got a new teaching job and we now live in Sugar Grove, PA and I have a 1999 Ford F-150 and my wife has a 1999 Grand Prix GT. I am now a paid firefighter for the City of Warren and a co-owner of a sporting goods store.

Wow, it sure has been a long time. Many people on here don't know me. I used to have a clean 95 pearl white TT stealth. BPU mods. Used to beat the shit out of it with 6K dumps all day.

I remember the days of west broad at K-mart, charter and westbelt races. It was alot more about racing back then as compared to now.

I don't have that car anymore unfortunately. I did pick up a 97 SC300 last year. I hope to make it fast soon ;)

I also hope I can come out more this year and get to know more people and the current car scene, it really has gotten big and the horsepower out there has really gotten HUGE!

See you all this year!!

Michael Mullen

I joined back in 2001,I was renting a apartment single and had just bought my RX7.I miss the days when six Doritos would pull in to the parking lot at Krogers and Hooters and it would be WTF! most of the old crew have moved on,I still have the same car but not one part is original a wife a kid and a mortgage but still love the scene and hanging out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm...damn it's been a while. I wasn't a founding member, but CR wasn't around too long before I came on board. Ran into Kyle (Silver FD) on another forum and he told me about CR, so I joined up.

I started at 16 with an '02 Mustang GT (Yellow, stock), pushing carts at Sam's Club.

Then I got ahold of my bro's '01 SVT Cobra (Red, bolt-ons) and ran into Sam (Red C5 at the time) in the Sam's parking lot. We hit it off and raced that night from a roll (dead even, he didn't have spray at the time). Took that Cobra down to the abandoned airport 1/8 mile track and had a good time there.

Then I picked up my '03 SVT Cobra (Blue, bolt-ons) and raced Kyle (Silver FD) from a roll the very first night I had it and got spanked. From then on, I was racing anyone and everyone, most of whom ended up being faster than me. Brian Turner in his TT 5.0, Kyle numerous times, Mike and his turbo'd C5, Jake in his 560+ RWHP Supra, and a few others that whooped my ass. Many of those videos made their way across the intraweb, so I guess I gained some popularity (for better or worse).

I raced my way to #1 on the Open Comp (Beat Kyle due to a busted tranny and took Cold Air from a roll for the #1 spot). It seemed I was regarded as one of the few sub-18-year-olds who could reliably handle 500+ hp.

I also met Kurt Bondurant (blue '03 Cobra) who was starting a Cobra club here and I met good ol' John Tilley and his extremely attractive significant other Jessica, along with a couple other '03 Cobras up at Polaris. We had a nice 5-way '03 Cobra cruise on 270, in which afterward John and I pulled over and chatted for a bit. Very cool guy. :) Later on, I went to a CR-rents-Norwalk event and bested a 12.04@118.04 on Nitto DR's in the midst of 15 hot laps (!!!). Man, it would've been nice to see 11's.

Unfortunately, a buddy convinced me to pick up World of Warcraft and that literally consumed my life for a solid two years, hence why I basically disappeared off the face of the Earth. I moved my way into the tire shop at Sam's, where I currently work, and was just caught in this slow, steady, shitty place in life - huge car payment, below average wages, and nothing to do in my spare time other than play one game and one game only. My social life became almost non-existant outside of the virtual world, and the moment I hit 21 and saw where I was still at in life, something just hit me and I knew I needed to make a change.

I cancelled my WoW account (though it doesn't actually expire until June) and I traded in the Cobra which along with a helpful down payment from my mom due to the sale of my grandma's house, I got myself into an '07 Mazdaspeed 3 for a 60-month payment that is less than half what the Cobra was. It's obviously not the kind of straight-line performer that the Cobra was, but it's got a great suspension, plenty of room for 5 people (rather than cramped for 4), still a bit of pep in its step, and quite a bit of potential with a little bit of cash (that is, once the aftermarket picks up on them).

I'm still workin tires at Sam's, but am semi-actively pursuing other job openings. Gonna put my resume on Monster soon and try to get my career moving now that I have enough time and money to continue college. I'm working on a degree in Finance, though I'm not far along. I hope I can keep pushing myself to make smarter decisions to prep for the future, 'cause my drive has always been my biggest malefactor (but my driving is badass). :)

-Kevin

Awesome read, Kevin. I'm glad to see you post, and it's great to hear about the positive things happening to you. :cool:

I'll try my best to swing by your work sometime. The least I can do is buy you lunch for how badly you worked me over on 270 that night. :)

Guest Scoobysnack

Unfortunately, a buddy convinced me to pick up World of Warcraft and that literally consumed my life for a solid two years, hence why I basically disappeared off the face of the Earth. I moved my way into the tire shop at Sam's, where I currently work, and was just caught in this slow, steady, shitty place in life - huge car payment, below average wages, and nothing to do in my spare time other than play one game and one game only. My social life became almost non-existant outside of the virtual world, and the moment I hit 21 and saw where I was still at in life, something just hit me and I knew I needed to make a change.

I cancelled my WoW account

Happened to me too. I quit awhile back, but when I played it was practically all I did outside of school and work.

hey kevin if you want to make a little more money than sam's and your decent doing tires and stuff stop by ntb downtown sometime we need another guy.....

I currently make around $10.50. Not sure what NTB starts out at or what their pay raises are like. I only have experience with tires and batteries, though. No oil changes, brakes, or suspension work. I might be interested though.

-Kevin