Where are they now?

Doug1647545489

THe other day I was kinda thinking about some of the other founding members and wondering where they are today. Some of us were still in high school when CR started and now have gone on to college and even careers. So if you're an OG post up what you drove and what you were doing when you signed up compared to today.

I was a junior in high school. I drove a 2000 Grand Am. Back then I knew little about cars and wasted a lot of money on them. Had a good time though hanging out with everyone on CR back then.

Now I've graduated college. I live north of Detroit and run a valvetrain dynamics lab for a company that makes valve springs. I drive a 2007 Scion TC and still the mkIII supra. Although the engine is built and waiting on a stand to be put in a different body.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a sprayed dakota and the buick when I joined worked at a print shop

in between was the turbo donkey if you know this name you know what it is :)

Now I work at NTB in sales have Fiance and a Son, still have the buick, a 5.0 mustang, a 5.0 ranger, and a beater

you had a turbo on that Grand am for awhile didin't you?

Not a founding member here but an early one.

Then: Director of Fixed operations with Saturn West. Drove the mint red TII RX7 that we stole, on trade, from a customer. DD was a 2001 Honda Accord.

Remembering the night both Anthony and I missed 3rd and lost to Aaron's sprayed Cavy. Bwahahahahahahaha!

Now: Director of Special Events at Muirfield Village Golf Club. Still own the FD in my sig, athough it's been crushed. DD is a 00 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Member 11 here. Was around before the board. Moved to columbus to go to OSU.

I drove a 1993 Honda accord that was slow.

Got a degree and now I work for Cummins in Columbus, Indianda. I work with emerging issues in Cummins engines and recently picked up some 07 field test engines.

2006 Honda Civic EX and 1987 RX-7 TurboII. Recently got the engine rebuilt with a race port and now I am waiting on my Microtech standalone to arrive from Australia.

Not even close to being a founding member, and I'd be surprised if anyone even remembers me, but after making a few appearances in my UFO during the summer of 2004, I left for the Marine Corps. Currently transfering from Monterey, CA to Camp Lejeune, NC. The UFO has been stripped and sold. I drive a pretty slow 2005 Scion tC now with the only mods including a CF vented hood and 19" Crux wheels. She does have a few lights on her though, haha...

Member 7 here although like Berto I was around long before CR, and nearly at the beginning of COFBA. I drove a 88 IROC w/ 350, it was alright, fast enough to beat Anthony's 94 Z28, even with a different driver! Yet it was also crushed by Turbotrio's Laser on the highway. After that car got totalled I bought a 84 Turbo New Yorker that was shortlived, then bought a 90 Talon AWD that was known to terrorize a certain NOS equipped 5.0. As well as a few other cars. I left Columbus in June 2002 to join the Air Force, since then I have been all over the place, Texas, California, Florida, South Korea, and currently living in South Dakota. I have also progressed in my career pretty quickly also. I am now a Staff Sergeant (or E-5) and am the floor supervisor for the vehicle maintenance shop. I have went through a few more cars, got a few other IROC's but none compared to the old one I had. I now drive a Grand National that is alot faster than the IROC or Talon, and my DD is a 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon.

Then: Director of Fixed operations with Saturn West. Drove the mint red TII RX7 that we stole, on trade, from a customer. DD was a 2001 Honda Accord.

I believe I've heard about you here before. I'm a tech at Saturn West. I've heard people talking about a guy that used to work here with a really sweet red RX7.

I started up with a mint '82 Toyota Celica GT and was unemployed. Traded for a mint '85 Toyota Corolla AE86. Then traded that for a '88 Toyota Celica All-trac. I have sold that now I have a '94 Saturn SL2 DD and a '90 Nissan 240SX and I'm a service tech at Saturn West and I'm expecting a child in April.

I moved to Colorado. By day, I snowboard from 8-4. By night, I serve old ritch republican tourists their food, so that I can afford to party and hook up with their hot and experimental tourist daughters that will only be in town for the weekend, later that night.

... even though i have only been here for 3 1/2 years?

Not even close to being a founding member, and I'd be surprised if anyone even remembers me, but after making a few appearances in my UFO during the summer of 2004, I left for the Marine Corps. Currently transfering from Monterey, CA to Camp Lejeune, NC. The UFO has been stripped and sold. I drive a pretty slow 2005 Scion tC now with the only mods including a CF vented hood and 19" Crux wheels. She does have a few lights on her though, haha...

holy shit, long time man

Joined when I was a freshman in college. I'm on my fourth car since joining, graduated college, moved to Detroit to work in the auto industry.

Doug, I just got back from Alaska this week...we'll have to try and meet up sometime. You've lived here over a month and I still haven't seen you once! (probably mostly my fault)

Member 33. Drove a Civic Si back in the day and was just starting college. Knew a lot about nothing and liked to think the other way.

Traded the civic on a 1997 Cobra - which I still own. Got a 2002 Yamaha FZ1, which was traded for an 06 Kawasaki ZX14.

I am now a technician at Germain Lexus of Dublin and attempting to start my own little repair business on the side. I own a new build MI Home in Westerville with my wife Stephanie. No children yet.

Other than the house/marriage I am still me. :)

Not one of the founding people, but I have been around here a long time. I just dont post that much.

When I started on here I had a 90 CRX and my 69 camaro.

I worked at WorldMCICompuComServe before getting the axe during all the crap.

I had a hard time getting back into the IT industry and moved into working on cars.

The CRX was replaced w/ another and then another when the motor blew in that. The last one was a fellow members old car and the true definition of a beater. It finally died and I have since moved onto a 91 VR4 and a 02 WRX.

Though I am hoping to get rid of the VR4 and get another subaru.

I also made it back into the IT Indrustry w/ a short stint at Calltech. I was actually trained by Howards wife for the Pager support.

Now I work for a small consulting firm doing content management for various businesses. Currently the Hawaii department of education. Waikiki is a great place to visit. :)

Member 33. Drove a Civic Si back in the day and was just starting college. Knew a lot about nothing and liked to think the other way.

Traded the civic on a 1997 Cobra - which I still own. Got a 2002 Yamaha FZ1, which was traded for an 06 Kawasaki ZX14.

I am now a technician at Germain Lexus of Dublin and attempting to start my own little repair business on the side. I own a new build MI Home in Westerville with my wife Stephanie. No children yet.

Other than the house/marriage I am still me. :)

You forgot one of the fathers of Mr. Forkey.

:)

Hmm I was around when CR first began then I had a 96 WS6 and a 93 Sentra or the Pimptra as some called it. I worked for MCI but then got the axe as well.

I blew the motor in that racing some BMW on 270 out near my house with Jeff(Turbotrio) in the car, that was interesting! Some old ass tow truck towed me home for $20 haha I replaced the motor in it and still kept driving it up until 2002 I think then sold it. I went through a few more cars but now I'm back in a Sentra again those little cars are just to tossable and fun not to love!

I live in Maryland now as well with my g/f.