Where are they now?

Doug1647545489

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd towed the cop that arrived first on scene earlier in the evening since he was stuck in the snow, so he let us go with warnings :)

"Weeeee being pulled behind a blazer on a tube is fun, weeee....now we're going up here, weeee...round the culdesac weeee....shit...cop!" (get up and walk to the side of the blazer like nothing happened, I hope he didn't see me) .

That was some funny shit. I gotta check this forum more often.

What's the tube-drag record now? Wasn't it in the 60s?

Didn't he try to go the back way and it hadn't been paved yet?

Yep, but there were cops there anyways. They set us up real nice that night, I was proud of'm.

member 982 I think.

Mike Plummer told be about this place and have been here ever since. :)

only real memeriable moment I have is when we were hanging out at marcus and Doug was biten by a mouse and we chased it done to take it with us to the hospital to make sure he didn't have rabies.

Chiming in late, but who cares.

Jeff and Mike, I know you remember Mike laying the bike into the 3000 and then busting up his wrist pretty bad.

And people say the Unicorn never raced -- she was out running bikes from digs!! lol. Bad night. Sat in the emergency room / hospital until 4am.

Sucks too cuz I would have won :)

Jeff

"Weeeee being pulled behind a blazer on a tube is fun, weeee....now we're going up here, weeee...round the culdesac weeee....shit...cop!" (get up and walk to the side of the blazer like nothing happened, I hope he didn't see me) .

That was some funny shit. I gotta check this forum more often.

What's the tube-drag record now? Wasn't it in the 60s?

Yep, but there were cops there anyways. They set us up real nice that night, I was proud of'm.

65mph out at the old spot on 40 anthony wouldn't pull me any faster :(

• 2 weeks later...

Mm yeah, first night "out" I raced TurboPrick in his GN with my FD... cops came everyone left, shut down that place shortly after... can't even remember the road name, it was eh... off of 270, west side.

Anyway, my crew at first was Zavier and Jason since they had FD's, then met Brett and Jeff racin the Lazer, 300ZX, FD... went flying by a cop at like 90+ (slammed on my brakes due to a Valentine explosion) and we went 3 wide around the corner to see Mr. Officer sitting there waiting. For some reason, me going 90 and the other two going 100+ didn't warrant him pulling out. To this day we all joke about that one.

Raced Anthony in his car a bunch, smacked down a bunch of F bodies, then sold the RX7 and got the 600F4i. Ran faster cars, still found some that could beat me (Kyle's RX7, I think it's Buzz with the yellow Z06? Brett's 300ZX by the very end of it's life cycle was as fast). Aforementioned TurboPrick and I had a late night collision on the bikes and one of the stunt spots, went to the hospital, bike totaled, really dodged a bullet on that one. That and the Viper guy who totalled his car and spent 5 weeks in the hospital a week after I got done racing him on my bike caused me to slow down a little on that thing LOL.

Graduated 2004, took a job in Columbus, shitty pay and shitty people. Left shortly after for Austin, Texas and a real job. Took a sales job with the same company in Pittsburgh April of last year. Now the Columbus territory opened, same job, and I jumped on it.

So... Full circle baby, except I doubled my pay from the first shitty job and am now on track :) Going to buy a house and start getting settled for a long career of sales, entrepreneuring, and racing in Columbus. Maybe an OSU MBA some day. Glad to be on my way back. I can't believe some of the guys answering this thread, awesome LOL.

Wow, it’s funny how many times my name has come up in this thread. I think my member number was something in the 20’s, I remember that I joined within the first week or 2 of the board being up. Back then I was an undergrad in mechanical engineering at OSU and I worked at Auto Assets. Graduated a few years ago and do R&D for Battelle now. Probably going back for my masters in M.E. soon.

Other funny memories:

1. Walking the red laser on 270 in my first Z, and then getting killed by Mullen in the Stealth from a dig at Charter the same night.

2. Looking for races in the Kmart lot and walking up to Zavier in the RX7. He proceeded to tell me that he ran a 12.1 at the track (his car was still an auto then). Jeff later told me that his car really ran 14’s. :lol:

3. Racing Alex in his RX7, blowing by that cop on 315, and then realizing Alex was in one of my classes the following Monday. I introduced myself by saying “hey, I think we raced this past weekend”. I did a partial tranny rebuild for that car in the family room of his apartment while sitting on white leather couches. :eek:

4. Racing supra Mark to 150+ three times in a row out on 40 while everybody stood at the finish line. Tommy said it was like “being passed by a pair of F-16’s”

5. Installing Anthony’s Procharger kit in the garage of Alex’s house, and then Ant scaring the shit out of himself when we took it on it’s first test drive.

6. Jeff in the VR4 destroying Howard from a dig, I think Buck was the flagger.

7. Jeff betting Howard $1000 that he wouldn't run 11's, and Howard did.

8. Anthony promoting me to be a moderator, and then years later banning me altogether when we got into “the argument”

9. Not too long after that (while I was still banned) Tilley talked Ant into a roll race with his Cobra. I called Tilley and asked him to let me know when it was going down. He did, I caught up to the crowd on the street, and then proceeded to walk the green firechicken about a half dozen times. :cool:

10. My favorite races to date were against Mike in the black LPE TT vette, back when Z #2 was at its prime before I sold it. Tilley was in on that one too, Sam's red Vette was the camera car with Hua riding shotgun.

:cool:

6. Jeff in the VR4 destroying Howard from a dig, I think Buck was the flagger.

Woot! I got mentioned. :). Yeah, I remember that. I also flagged the Hua/Howard race too.

Sucks about the car Brett. I wasn't there, but remember it.

I've gone from having a cavalier, being homeless, living in the cavalier, having a dsm, working crap jobs, to a laser, puddling around with a laser turbo, to being homeless yet again due to some douch faggotry by a certain member on here, to living in Vancouver, BC for a while, to being carless, to building up my first rx-7 (FC), to getting my better half, to having the sense knocked into me from life and getting my liscense, getting valid, having a home, getting an FD, having someone total my car out, to getting ANOTHER dsm (awd this time bitches!) and finally finishing up my nursing degree.

I've gone through so much stuff since back then it's pathetic. But it was always good to know the C-bus boys were still around.

Ya know though for the life of my I don't know why I didn't make an account sooner. I think it had to due with not having a worthwhile car at the time.

I've gone from having a cavalier, being homeless, living in the cavalier, having a dsm, working crap jobs, to a laser, puddling around with a laser turbo, to being homeless yet again due to some douch faggotry by a certain member on here, to living in Vancouver, BC for a while, to being carless, to building up my first rx-7 (FC), to getting my better half, to having the sense knocked into me from life and getting my liscense, getting valid, having a home, getting an FD, having someone total my car out, to getting ANOTHER dsm (awd this time bitches!) and finally finishing up my nursing degree.

I've gone through so much stuff since back then it's pathetic. But it was always good to know the C-bus boys were still around.

Ya know though for the life of my I don't know why I didn't make an account sooner. I think it had to due with not having a worthwhile car at the time.

Good Ol Pegleg

5. Installing Anthony’s Procharger kit in the garage of Alex’s house, and then Ant scaring the shit out of himself when we took it on it’s first test drive.

I remember that, I took you to the hardware store to get bolts to mount that stupid FMU that he got rid of like 2 weeks later

and I bet that helper fuel pump is still tied to the bottom of the car with two giant zip ties :)

The funny parts about that night:

Somebody telling Berto to get in the back of Ant’s blazer for more traction.

Jen’s brother coming in his truck and yanking the car out of the weeds like it was a matchbox car.

~4 years after it happened, bringing it up is still the best insult material Mark has. Winner. :lol:

9. Not too long after that (while I was still banned) Tilley talked Ant into a roll race with his Cobra. I called Tilley and asked him to let me know when it was going down. He did, I caught up to the crowd on the street, and then proceeded to walk the green firechicken about a half dozen times. :cool:

10. My favorite races to date were against Mike in the black LPE TT vette, back when Z #2 was at its prime before I sold it. Tilley was in on that one too, Sam's red Vette was the camera car with Hua riding shotgun.

There are videos of both incidents (#9 and #10). The Z moved for sure.