I got rear ended today

Rally Pat

Well, so much for the Olds. I was dropping a guy off after work today, and some guy driving on older f-150 wasn't paying attention. Point a met up with point b, and some vehicular carnage ensued. Needless to say, the Olds is done for. I am alright, my passenger was fine too. Luckily, dude had insurance and was very honest. Hopefully they deem the olds totaled and I get a decent check

The funny part is, I am picking up the car I had picked out as the Old's replacement on Sunday. A proper send off for the Slowdsmobile?

Coming Sunday: 1988 Mazda RX-7 GTU

Ah... Personal injury, makes the heart race in attorneys and doctors. Rule of thumb.. If injuries are involved the settlement is 2-3x bills. If you are smart you dont need an attorney, just remember dont fall for the adjusters nice personality.

A scam that the Adjuster use is to wiave a small check under you nose and then tell you if you have injuries then you can get care for up to two years, but the paper you sign closes the claim. READ everything

StateFarm is not you good neighbor, Nationwide is not on your side, You are not in good hands with Allstate, Grange is not your partner in protection, American Familly keeps their protection under their roof.

But remember, I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice

DId you go to the hospital? You may not feel anything right now, but 2 years from now when you have cronic back pains you would have wanted to. I've known more than one person that has happened to. You should also go get checked out.

I was in a accidnet a while back, It broke my hip and jarred me around alot.

4 years later my back which i delicned to have checked at the time, Become very screwed up. I had a Discectomy this year, I can waqlk again without pain but I did spend 3 years on Oxy's and sounds like fun to some but in the end when if you miss a pill you shake its not a enjoyable experiance at all. I am happy to be off them now

BUT

Megaman Happy that your ok, cars can be replaced people cannot.

DId you go to the hospital? You may not feel anything right now, but 2 years from now when you have cronic back pains you would have wanted to. I've known more than one person that has happened to. You should also go get checked out.

That was my point in my post.... NEVER SETTLE the personal liability of a claim until you know that you are ok. Settling the property damage claim is not a problem, you can see the damage to the car. Many people think that if I dont hurt "today" I will be fine "tomorrow". I see those people every day.

The adjusters are good for coming out to your house the day of the accident, because they know that a person is more likley to settle the claim when they are still upset from the accident.

:)

I cant really say I was angry about the Olds. I have hated that car since day 1 I owned it. And the fact that tomorrow I pick up the magical dorito made it funnier than anything.

Hopefully the check is large enough so I can buy the Racing Beat suspension package (about $500). That or a TII engine lol

glad you're ok

Take the insurance check and use it for mods to have the rx7 ready for next autox season :)

Thats the plan so far. The car I am buying already has some good upgrades. Upgraded exhaust system, new clutch, 60,000 mile engine swap (less miles than my mom's 99 Windstar). Aside from tires, a suspension upgrade would make me pretty ready for the next Auto-x season

Thats what I was going to recommend, suspension and tires, brakes too. You'll have fun. The people at the local autox seem to be a good bunch, competitive, but out there for fun. Ive been thinking of getting the stang modded to where I could have a good time with it next season.

Don't buy a tII engine. Their lack of reliability makes them a poor choice to mod for someone in HS. Keep the GTU engine untl you learn how to handle the car properly, and you'll be rewarded. Also, a TII engine swap into an N/A car will cost you a pretty penny.

Awesome choice of replacement cars, though. :cool: