Suggestions for bike

wnaplay1647545503

I am looking for a bike. I have ridden streetbikes before but have never owned. However I grew up owning/riding dirtbikes. I am looking for something that is not to awful fast but definately needs to be able to keep up with my buddies bikes (late model cbrs and such). But my budget is not that high (the wife says no way). I am looking around $1500-2000. But I could go higher. I figure now is the time to buy. I definately dont want/need a new bike. And even a slightly damaged/dropped bike would be fine. I have been looking at salvage bikes on ebay and cyclesearch. They actually have a early 90's model bike that I like but dont know how it does performance wise. I definately want something at least 600cc. I cant stand the streetfighter look. I really like the bikes that have the full fairings such as the cbr's. Anyone know of anything right now or can make a suggestion on what kind of bike I could keep my eyes open for?

I feel like an old man everytime I tell 'newer' riders this, but a 600 is plenty for a novice. Spend a summer learning to ride a 500 or 600 the correct way, then move up from there. I spent a summer on an old 600 Katana, then a couple years on a newer 600 Ninja (a '99 in 2001), and it was an easy transition into a 900cc+ bike. 600's can easily get into the 140-150mph range, and that really is plenty to have fun with, and even push your riding limits.

why ar eyou sold on cbr's?

I really like the bikes that have the full fairings. I have rode some pretty fat streetbikes before but I am not looking for anything necessarily "fast". I just dont want it to be slow.:) I definately cant stand the streetfighter look. I am not just looking at cbr's. Just using as an example.

i dont know how old the 600's u ride are, but any newer six hundred will do atleast 160's...not that i condon this.....i have a 01 cbr 600 F4i for $3500. Salvage title, 6,xxxx miles. Put back together the proper way. Beautiful bike. Black and yellow. let me know if you interested

You have reasonable chance to die on any motorcycle... so...

A) Get the motorcycle that fits your body type, not one that is too big (size/weight)

B) After Step A, get the bike you want, it will make you happy, regardless of CCs

C) Don't be stupid.

For $1500-2000 just get what you like the best. That price range is going to have some older bikes which IMO the selection just comes to personal choice.