I got engaged last night.

Dr. Pomade

I proposed to Jessica last night at the Blue Jackets game. I arranged to have it done in front of everyone. They "picked" Jessica to be the "Fan of the Game" and, while they were interviewing her, the announcer called for me to step in, asked me a few questions, and then turned it over to me. I pulled out the ring, got down on one knee, and popped the question. She said yes, and the rest is history, I guess.

With all the negative drama going on lately, I thought it would be a nice time to share something like this with everyone. They got all of the proposal and stuff on video and I was told I could have a copy. Once I get it, I'll probably post it up.

I'm extremely happy with how it all turned out. It was a lot to coordinate, but it went really well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I proposed to Jessica last night at the Blue Jackets game. I arranged to have it done in front of everyone. They "picked" Jessica to be the "Fan of the Game" and, while they were interviewing her, the announcer called for me to step in, asked me a few questions, and then turned it over to me. I pulled out the ring, got down on one knee, and popped the question. She said yes, and the rest is history, I guess.

With all the negative drama going on lately, I thought it would be a nice time to share something like this with everyone. They got all of the proposal and stuff on video and I was told I could have a copy. Once I get it, I'll probably post it up.

I'm extremely happy with how it all turned out. It was a lot to coordinate, but it went really well.

Congratz man. Vid would be cool.

blue jackets game...you classy devil, you.

I sense a heavy dose of sarcasm in that statement.

For the record, it was never about class. Instead, it was about doing something completely over the top to satiate her (and mine, to a certain extent) exhibitionistic tendencies. She always wanted me to propose to her in front of a bunch of people - a Blue Jackets game provided an ideal medium to do that.

Nice! Something the both of you (and about 15,000 people) will never forget. Why did you have to do it when I didn't go to a game?

Congratulations!

Nice! Something the both of you (and about 15,000 people) will never forget. Why did you have to do it when I didn't go to a game?

Because I didn't want you screaming "DON'T DO IT! DON'T DO IT!" in the middle of me proposing. LOL. :)

Nice, congrats man. I bet Jessica loved the way you pulled it off. :cool:

Yeah, she was impressed, I think. I don't think she saw that coming at all, even when they "picked" her to be interviewed.

How pissed and embarassed would you have been if she said no in front of all of those people??!!

Very. Fortunately, though, I was fairly sure she'd say yes. :)

Here's a pic of her, for those of you who don't know her:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/4126/vegasjuly06jessatpoolve9.jpg

We got some pics from last night, I may rip those off her camera and post them up when I have a chance.

I sense a heavy dose of sarcasm in that statement.

For the record, it was never about class. Instead, it was about doing something completely over the top to satiate her (and mine, to a certain extent) exhibitionistic tendencies. She always wanted me to propose to her in front of a bunch of people - a Blue Jackets game provided an ideal medium to do that.

yeah, but it was good natured.

freakin hedonists.