Major Server Problems Today

Casper

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really should take a hard line approach, there Ben. I mean your name is SATAN afterall....

I'm too nice. I have to say, a little piece of me died yesterday when I realized I couldn't restore everything. But we have the technology to rebuild it..........

I'm too nice. I have to say, a little piece of me died yesterday when I realized I couldn't restore everything. But we have the technology to rebuild it..........

Eh....you're young - you'll get over it. Everyone else? Fuck 'em - they'll either adjust, get over it, or leave.

Either way, you win. You figured out what happened, and more or less fixed it. That's a good day in my book.

i know how you feel only on a MUCH MUCH smaller level. just lost a ton of crap off my external HD no thanks to linux:ubuntu...

but its my own fault i installed it wrong and now i have to live with 200 gigs of lost movies, music, games etc...

cheers for all the hard work you do! (and its not even your real job...)

thanks for emptying my PM box btw i was going to do that the day the server went down lol.

i know how you feel only on a MUCH MUCH smaller level. just lost a ton of crap off my external HD no thanks to linux:ubuntu...

but its my own fault i installed it wrong and now i have to live with 200 gigs of lost movies, music, games etc...

cheers for all the hard work you do! (and its not even your real job...)

thanks for emptying my PM box btw i was going to do that the day the server went down lol.

If you haven't written anything else to the disk, I can probably recover the files for you.

It's kinda my specialty. Just ask ColumbusRacing.com, cofba.org (which changed it's name to something else but I can't remember), dynotunemotorsports.com, etc. The server had a harddrive die. The motor went out. I was actually able to successfully pull the platters, put them in another drive, and pull the data bit by bit. Took quite a long time, but it worked.

If you haven't written anything else to the disk, I can probably recover the files for you.

It's kinda my specialty. Just ask ColumbusRacing.com, cofba.org (which changed it's name to something else but I can't remember), dynotunemotorsports.com, etc. The server had a harddrive die. The motor went out. I was actually able to successfully pull the platters, put them in another drive, and pull the data bit by bit. Took quite a long time, but it worked.

thanks for the offer!

i got something called power data recovery that is currently doing its thing right now. kinda cool actually, its able to pull all my files that were supposedly gone and im now copying them onto another external HD. then reformatting my corrupted HD and putting the files that i saved back on.

hopefully everything goes to plan, i think it should work everything looked and worked good (movies, audio etc) when i tested it through this program.

ill let you know.

What about my post count?

Everybody's posts from the past two months are gone. I can add to your post count, but the next time I rebuild/optimize the database your post count will go back down. Seems quite pointless to me. Just post more. Haha.

So does that mean that any pix, friends, social groups,etc, that we rebuild before you optimize the database will also be lost again.....Therefore pointless until you are done with what you need to do?

In other words.....Should we just hold off on everything until you're done with that?

So does that mean that any pix, friends, social groups,etc, that we rebuild before you optimize the database will also be lost again.....Therefore pointless until you are done with what you need to do?

In other words.....Should we just hold off on everything until you're done with that?

Huh?

If I manually add to your post count, when I optimize the database next (I do this every month), your post count would go back to your REAL post count.

Ex:

You have 100 posts.

I make your post count 500.

I optimize the database.

You have 100 posts again.

It rebuilds the stats based on actuality.

What he's asking is will we lose all our friends and social groups etc when you do this, I'm guessing no since you do it every month and it's still there. It's just if Castan falsifies information, it won't be retained at the next optimize.

What he's asking is will we lose all our friends and social groups etc when you do this, I'm guessing no since you do it every month and it's still there. It's just if Castan falsifies information, it won't be retained at the next optimize.

You're correct......Thanx for translating Trapp! :D

Glad to hear somebody understands me.....I knew I liked you! lol.gif

I didn't realize when I asked this, that it was routine monthly maintenance he ordinarily does. I thought it was a last step he needed to complete the board rebuild, or whatever he did

I didn't want to go reloading all those pix, and rebuilding the DTC & FLASB areas, if it was all gonna vanish again when he rebuilt/optimized the database

Edited by Fonzie

Yeah......Well you better work harder. Jagr lost 2,000 posts in that 2 month wipeoff!! :eek:

Thanks for noticing. Its all good though.

i dont care about the post count so much as some of the really funny shit that was lost. And profile pages getting wiped.