Yammi guys, question

Dweezel

So I was at the impound lot yesterday getting a few things out of the females car (long story but basicly she's getting screwed HARD because the Ins company didn't file the paperwork till the end of the day, and not first thing in the morning when she called) and there's a busted up 91 Yammi sitting there, I left the guy my number and told him I'm interested to call me when the paperwork gets in on it. someone ditched it while running from the cops. the plastics are all FUBAR'd and the right clip on is damaged. I'm thinking of Street Fightering/Rat Rodding it and also teaching the female to ride on it.

It's definately a sport bike, but I'm pretty sure it was only a 2 cylinder? it didn't have inverted forks and the swing arm didn't appear to be underbraced or anything, and the tires were kinda small, which I know is pretty common for an early 90's bike but I'm wondering if Yammi made a 250 or something those years?

I just got the DOM off of the head because we were there as they were closing/closed and the guy was nice enough to let us in anyways so I wasn't going to overstay my welcome.

Any ideas?

They made the FZR600 in the early 90's, which looks almost exactly like that. They also made an FZR400 for awhile, which is a pretty rare bike actually. They were both inline 4s though.

If nobody else has a definite answer here by tomorrow, I'll look it up when I get to work. We are a Yamaha dealer as well but we're closed today.

I had a FZR600, junk. buy a newer wrecked bike. those old fzr's are going to require a lot of mechanical attention, and they are heavy and slow. money hole. just my opinion.

If I can pick it up for 2-300 bucks, throw a clip on on it and teach the female to ride, maybe fuck around with it myself for a summer and it lasts, it's worth it. First time it's got a problem that requires more than 100 bucks to fix it's scrap, I assure you, well aside from tires and sprockets, big ones :D

I'm gonna murder it and make a total rat rod out of it just for something to do over the winter. hell, it ran when the cops caught it

buy a china knock off honda clone bike to teach her to ride, I got a cheap china bike for my daughter for her birthday, its a little quad, I paid 400 new out the crate, it still runs great, not bad for starter bikes, and cheap.

If I can pick it up for 2-300 bucks, throw a clip on on it and teach the female to ride, maybe fuck around with it myself for a summer and it lasts, it's worth it. First time it's got a problem that requires more than 100 bucks to fix it's scrap, I assure you, well aside from tires and sprockets, big ones :D

I'm gonna murder it and make a total rat rod out of it just for something to do over the winter. hell, it ran when the cops caught it

It's an FZR 600 from the 91 VIN # - they didn't do the 400 that late in the cycle here in the States.

For $200, you can't go wrong. A GREAT starter bike and the better choice over a Chinese bike. Why? Parts are easily available.

Yes, they were somewhat finikie bikes (I have a 1990 - same all the way to the end in terms of technology), but if you get it sorted, it will be a fine running machine.

Looks all there and the items needed are stupid cheap to get. Ebay would be your friend.

You should also be able to see the year and engine size from looking at the other tag and the engine case cover...