New Ride

Kuruma

Triton V10 swap and a 6-speed! Then, some sticky 16-inchers, a 2" drop, beefy swaybars & poly bushings! Just think, a 'tank' that'll haul ass, and carve some corners too.

Oh well, just a thought...

Carve Corners ?

You are talking about a crown vic,. just in case you forgot :)

Congrats on the new ride. Invest a few bucks in maintenance to get it in tip top shape and enjoy it.

:)

Carve Corners ?

You are talking about a crown vic,. just in case you forgot :)

:)

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he? :zoom:

Yea, I know. It's a boat, but with the right tires and hardware, they can stick fairly well. Not 'sports car' well, but you're starting with a 4,000-pound car. Hell, take the Police Package (swaybars, bigger brakes, etc) and add some killer shocks, tighter springs, drop it a little to bring the center-of-gravity down a bit, they can hold the road decently. You're not gonna take an NSX through the twisties, but a competent driver could make it look pretty good lol.

:D Really liking it so far. People get WAY the fuck outta the way when they see this old tank coming. Only had one person try something stupid in their Grand Am and saw their (female) passenger start beating the shit out of them for it when I looked over at them. :)

Why would a 1985 Crown Vic make miles of traffic slow down? It's such an old model that nobody could seriously mistake it for a police car, after all. I more expect to get pulled over a lot because it looks like an old hoopty to the police.

Why would a 1985 Crown Vic make miles of traffic slow down? It's such an old model that nobody could seriously mistake it for a police car, after all. I more expect to get pulled over a lot because it looks like an old hoopty to the police.

Wait.. you live in Columbus right? You know the drivers around here.

Wait.. you live in Columbus right? You know the drivers around here.

Point taken, though I had no trouble going 80 last night, even if it is a boaty tank of a car. Going around freeway junctions does take a bit of care and slow driving though. :)

Because they all look like 85s. I don't think they have ever changed the styling 0- just new colors and wheels.

Because they all look like 85s. I don't think they have ever changed the styling 0- just new colors and wheels.

I dont think that something that looks like this:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/316000-316999/316132_482.jpg

Could be mistaken for something that looks like this:

http://www.edisonnj.org/police/vehicles/2000.jpg

Unless you've been smoking too much of this:

http://media3.ugoto.com/pictures/marijuana-restaurant-a7c.jpg