Another victim of Ohio winters

V8 Beast

So, my little bro was getting on the freeway and decided to get a closer look at the wall that was next to him. After bouncing off of it the car decided it liked the wall and wanted to go back for a second visit. I have seen what black ice can do to rear wheel drive car which is why I refuse to drive the TA in the winter. My little brother is ok but the mustang is totalled. I'm waiting on geico to get back to me to see how much they are going to give me for it. All of you driving rear wheel drive cars please be careful. He was only going 35ish, but that was more than enough to loose control on a patch of ice.

01 black mustang GT with an x pipe that sounded badass..... RIP

here are some vids of it when it was running

01 GT 1

01 GT 2

Ice owns all cars, but rear wheel drive has a disadvantage....

"On snow, ice and sand, rear-wheel drive loses its traction advantage to front or all-wheel drive vehicles which have greater weight on the driven wheels. Rear wheel drive cars with rear engine or mid engine configuration do not suffer from this, although fishtailing remains an issue."

Yes/no about FWD being a little better...as the old saying goes...difference between FWD/RWD....in FWD, you see what you are about to hit. I do agree about the weight thing, but for me, 1st gear is useless, I tap-shift into 2nd which helps....but I gotta baby it. I get to third as quickly as I can just to be safe. V8/FWD....it's still a ton of fun.

Stability Control is my friend regardless.

Post some pics if you get a chance.

Ice owns all cars, but rear wheel drive has a disadvantage....

"On snow, ice and sand, rear-wheel drive loses its traction advantage to front or all-wheel drive vehicles which have greater weight on the driven wheels. Rear wheel drive cars with rear engine or mid engine configuration do not suffer from this, although fishtailing remains an issue."

I can help you with that

:thumbup:

I usually take about 4-5 people with me when I do serous car shopping. I got scammed pretty bad when I got my first firebird. Now the sales person has to try and convince a bunch of people that its a good sale.

I usually take about 4-5 people with me when I do serous car shopping. I got scammed pretty bad when I got my first firebird. Now the sales person has to try and convince a bunch of people that its a good sale.

Thats okay, ive sold plenty of ppl cars who bring their buddies, it doesnt phase me. what kinda car is your brother going to be lookin for

Sorry to hear that. Have you thought about buying the car back from the insurance company?

Thanks, probably not. The frame appeared to be damaged, and I really couldnt get a lot out of it parts wise. I'll just let them have it, take the check, and pay off the lender.

Thanks everyone. Does anyone know how long it takes for a claims rep to get back with a verdict???? The one good thing about this is that I get to go car shopping....

Well mine took 24-48 hours but then again I was banging my insurance lady so I got the special treatment..lol

but it shouldn't take no more then 5 days..

Thanks everyone. Does anyone know how long it takes for a claims rep to get back with a verdict???? The one good thing about this is that I get to go car shopping....

Took mine about a week and a half, got my check a few weeks ago.

Accident was on dec 16, I'm not sure if it was good or bad, I was just itching for a car back.