If you are going to drive in the SNOW

Mojoe

FWD, RWD, AWD, doesn't matter... if you engine brake, the person behind you does not know that you are braking and that is bad mmmmmkay.

I never understood that argument. If you can't tell a car is slowing in front of you in any way but from their tails, than you're blind. Other than that you shouldn't be following people so closely in these conditions.

I never understood that argument. If you can't tell a car is slowing in front of you in any way but from their tails, than you're blind. Other than that you shouldn't be following people so closely in these conditions.

in white out conditions it would be hard to tell. If you down shift just put slight pressure on teh brake peddle to light up your brake lights

my car is still sitting in the garage because i washed,claybared, and 3 step waxed/buffed it the other day when it was nice, im pissed because im getting hungry and its my only car. fuck.

Seriously, i'm out of fucking food. This blows... I COULD walk. This is prolly what I'll do, since I'm not fat and lazy.

hah, speaking of Audi's and the problems with the ABS I have a question about mine. On dry pavement stopping from 25mph and slower it felt like my ABS was kicking in for no reason making it harder for me to brake. When I drove in the snow today if i pushed the pedal anymore than halfway down the ABS kicked in and i would slide until I stopped. I'm thinking its the ABS control module. Any idea how much that'll cost to replace?

hah, speaking of Audi's and the problems with the ABS I have a question about mine. On dry pavement stopping from 25mph and slower it felt like my ABS was kicking in for no reason making it harder for me to brake. When I drove in the snow today if i pushed the pedal anymore than halfway down the ABS kicked in and i would slide until I stopped. I'm thinking its the ABS control module. Any idea how much that'll cost to replace?

Yes, I just replaced mine.

Dealer installed:$1300

Dealer part, you install: $1000

Used part, you install: $300

Note: Your problem does not sound like mine. I had the ABS and Brake warning light flashing continuously and the ABS inoperative. These units are NOTORIOUS for a soldered connection problem. Even with a new replacement OEM unit, they have not corrected the problem and it will reoccur eventually. There are a few companies that will strengthen the solder joint and re-man the unit for about $300. I was lucky and found a re-man unit in a junkyard, on McKinley Ave., for $240.

As I cross-posted earlier, it took me several weeks to get used to my A4 brakes. They were extremely touchy compared to the last several cars I have owned, FD included. I rarely have need to depress the brake pedal 50%. I'm sure that you just need to get to know the car a little better. Try "testing" and learning the brakes in secluded, safe spots in the rain, snow, and panic type situations.

Yes, I just replaced mine.

Dealer installed:$1300

Dealer part, you install: $1000

Used part, you install: $300

Note: Your problem does not sound like mine. I had the ABS and Brake warning light flashing continuously and the ABS inoperative. These units are NOTORIOUS for a soldered connection problem. Even with a new replacement OEM unit, they have not corrected the problem and it will reoccur eventually. There are a few companies that will strengthen the solder joint and re-man the unit for about $300. I was lucky and found a re-man unit in a junkyard, on McKinley Ave., for $240.

As I cross-posted earlier, it took me several weeks to get used to my A4 brakes. They were extremely touchy compared to the last several cars I have owned, FD included. I rarely have need to depress the brake pedal 50%. I'm sure that you just need to get to know the car a little better. Try "testing" and learning the brakes in secluded, safe spots in the rain, snow, and panic type situations.

How hard is the install? I think I read someplace its under the rear seat?

How hard is the install? I think I read someplace its under the rear seat?

Not hard. It's in front of the drivers front strut tower. You need to removed the tire and inner fender shroud to get to all 6 of the bolts.

Here is a how-to on the electrical repair with removal instructions. BTW, the connections are about 100 times smaller than in the pics if you think you have the mad micro-soldering skillz. I sure as fuck didn't.

http://passat-b5.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=296&Itemid=57

Be careful with the "leave your wipers up" thing..if you've ever seen a wiper arm come down rubber side up and the spring loaded arm hit the windshield and spiderweb it..it makes you sick..lucky it was a customer of mine and not mine or my fault. Be careful with that one.

Oh, and if you drive a little car and you are only going 30mph on the freeway...make sure you're in the rh lanes and let people with vehicles more suited for driving in the snow(and more skilled) get by on the left.