What should I do?

Okay, since a bunch of annoying (yet probably right) cunts on this board keep accusing me of not contributing jack shit to the automotive part of this board, I'm making an effort to amend my ways. So, CR, here's something I've had in mind.

Should I spend a shitload of time and money working on the exterior/interior of the Apache, getting rid of rust, putting a sound system in, making the interior liveable and eventually show quality, and just making it an all around perfect car to look at;

OR

Should I spend a shitload of time and money getting shit done under the hood and along the drivetrain. I either want to get a Mustang II front clip, or apparently late 60's early 70's Camaro front ends will just weld right on. I'd do this in order to get disc brakes up front and potential to make the suspension a little softer. Also, a new transmission and rear end wouldn't hurt, since the beast tops out at about 65 for non-gas-guzzling speeds;

OR

Should I do nothing and save that time and money towards my pipe dreams of actually having some career in racing.

Have at it, bitches.

Guest powers
Do what makes you happy. Go fast is not the only part of a car. The thread someone linked to about the roll on paint job was a great thread and I read it from beginning to end.

Guest Removed

how about good looks and a all round performer...

do want makes you happy.it looked pretty soild when you had it down here, but i didnt get to see it up on the rack.

and if you dont like something, change it. if you dont like that or that didnt work, change it.complete late model chevy truck drivetrain with some bolt-ons like lsx and auto trans, wiring, etc etc. you could take your body and drop it on a newer chassis etc. you have endless possibilitys there. the real question is, what can you afford or how much are you wanting to spend. DIYers do these kinds of things all the time.

I would start with the rust, and other problems that could become big issues. From there I would start making it faster.

Like Rob said though, do what makes you happy.

Just curious, but is this what you hope to get your racing aspiration's started in? or is this just a side-thing?

I say get dedicated into what you want to do and make a decision from there. You think starting a racing career will make you happy then do so. But your still in school right? why not do the truck as a side project while concentrating on school and start racing when you get out? just a thought.

Guest Removed
make what bet? i have a life outside of CR and i've been out with friends all night....BETTER GO CHECK EVERY OTHER THREAD!!!

Senior Member section.....

Guest vee21

If you want to go racing leave your daily alone and go buy a kart. At 19 you may be to old to go professional but it is worth a try. I didn't get to start until I was 30, I have a lot of fun but I don't make a dime racing.

Shad

alex turn it into a show truck cause you would be wasting time putting go fast and suspension stuff in the apache cause it would never be what you would want it to be

btw rob is tearing some shit up, perfect picture

Senior Member section.....

Which is where all that shit belongs, not in here.

Cavin, if you have a bone to pick with someone take it to pm or start your own thread where it belongs, but keep it out of serious threads such as this.

Any more thread derailment and I start passing out bans, especially in this section.

thanks mike.

Anyways, I should probably continue by saying that the rust on the truck is only surface...yeah, I know eventually it'll eat away but the only place its begun to do that is on the rain lip around the top...I don't believe there is any surface rust, either.

I'll be home tomorrow, so anyone who wants to check it out, name a time and place for a meeting and i'll be there.

I would say put the time in the truck. keep it forever or until you have a child to maybe one day to give to them. First would get the body back into a one shape and then go from there.

If it were my truuck and I had a budget for it hears what I would do.

body get it straight and rust free.

would shave everything door handles drip rail chrome on the side and a 1 or 2 inch chop and paint it a soild color.

updated front clip and air ride suspension updated brakes from a vette or F-body.

BBC crate 396 or 502 that Fuel injected with a 4 speed auto or 6 speed manual.

clean int with twead bucket seats and update gauges and power options.

but thats just me if I had a budget and a year or 2 to spend.

i would do like adam said but upgrade some things. It would be awesome to be able to put an LSx t56 combo in it. Or the Lq9-t56 combo. You can get those for a decent price these days and still have an almost worry free setup.

On the body side I would get the rust fixed (easy) and do something that makes you happy. Like bag it or lower it some. I like to see older trucks modded (not just engine, all over) and wouldnt mind seeing that beast either.

Also do you still have that number I PMed you a while ago for the body work? If it was you I PMed.

Go racing. Iron oxide is a slow process and can be removed quickly and easily, though not always cheaply. Depending on the kind of racing you want to do it may not be something you can do later in life or you could miss a golden opportunity of some sort that you won't get later in life because of age.