Fix your fucking POS

MrMeanGreen

I drove the Formula to Lancaster today to pick my kids up from my mom's, and had to travel I-70 as part of the trip. On the way back, I'm cruising 80ish in the left lane and up head I see this older 80's Ford POS F150 cutting back and forth between the lanes, with everytime him accelerating to pass people in right lane, he belches ridiculous amounts of blue smoke. I didn't think too much more about it.

A few minutes later, I'm catching up to the guy and he's cruising in the right lane. As I get close enough to almost pass him from the left, he decides now's a good time to cut me off and lay into the pedal. Well, the smoke was annoying. The part that pissed me off what the fact his engine was consuming so much oil, it couldn't burn all the the excess and decided to spray the remainder from his exhaust pipes outlet to the front of my car, all over the front end and windshield of my Formula. To make it worse, I couldn't move to the right since the car he was passing was there next to me, and somebody decided to use me as their rabbit and was close to my ass, so braking was out of the question. I just dealt with it until I passed the car in the right, then got over and did 60mph just to stay away from this guy.

It's not a huge deal, I've sprayed my own amount of vehicular fluids on the car over the course of years, but for someone to blatantly drive around something that degraded and dangerous and put others at risk is downright ignorant and total bullshit. Anyone else could have not thought any better of it and decided to use their wipers to clean off their windshield, smearing it around and making it that much more difficult to see.

Maybe it's about time Ohio started annual vehicle inspections to rid the roads of these problems.

Guest HI_PSI

sounds like a sweet f150, you sure it wasnt a blue flame and that was liquid NAWS shooting on your car?

but yeah, to add to this. saw some OLDschool saab today with a massive amount of smoke pouring off of it, he was halfway across the parking lot and i could still smell that it was oil he was burning.

Guest HI_PSI
wouldnt be too bad if test pipes were ok and what not, just get the really bad ones off the streets. we're not really bad enough to be at cali level emissions checks.

I hate that. We need a POS lane on the highway, oh wait we do. They just dont use it until their cars break completely.

+1 for emissions testing ....as long as I'm exempt :D

haha yeah right!! The 98 wouldnt even be allowed to sit in the driveway if we had that haha:-)

My e-brake doesnt work. Aside from that, my car runs perfect. The e-brake is a common MR2 problem that quite frankly, at this current time, I dont think is worth fixing. I park it in gear like every other normal human being.

Guest Removed

columbus will never have e-checks...So many POS cars would be off the road, and some people would not even be driving.

am i the only one that votes for them?

columbus will never have e-checks...So many POS cars would be off the road, and some people would not even be driving.

am i the only one that votes for them?

There are plenty of ways to get around E-check so that most of the heaps down there would probably still remain on the roads. Safety inspections would be a nice addition though.