Question for knowledgable bike owners/sellers

civicboy375

Ok, my girlfriend and I went looking for a new bike for her today and since she's not from here and I'm not that knowledgable when it comes to bikes, we ended up at Motorsports of Columbus. She was looking at a 2007 Suzuki 600 gsxr and they were telling her $8500.00. Now, this is brand new right off the truck, but, I'm not certain if she's hearing a good price or they are trying to screw her. I need knowledgable advice on where to go to look at bikes, what kind of price range is acceptable for something like a Suzuki 600 (perferably blue in color as that is what she prefer's). I know she doesn't care if it's used, as far as if we would be able to locate a 2003-2004 low milage one. Just need some advice here so I can help her get the best deal and not get screwed (unless it's by me of course, hahaha).

Go to Honda North West and talk to Rob. Honda NW won't dick you around on price and they are very, very fair on price, plus they have 2006 gsxr600 left overs you can get cheap. $8500 is not a bad price for a 2007. I do suggest you guys shop around before signing on the dotted line!!

Ok, thanks. Would that be Honda Northwest in Dublin or would we need to go to Honda in Marysville, like the rep at motorsports of columbus said? See, I'm not sure if this rep was talking out of her ass or not, but she said we'd have to go to Honda out of Marysville, and does anyone know if they sell Suzuki's or Kawa's along with Honda's?

Unless your GF is a hard person to deal with, don't let her negotiate the sale. I went to a place in Deleware and they tried to sell me the same bike that I purchased for $2500 more than what I paid as ASK off of Bethal Road. I've had nothing but bad dealings with the people that work at ASK in Grove City (I tried to purchase there as well as parts for my bike). Eric and I baught the 750 and the Busa from ASK out East. Rich is awesome to work with.

Just a tip, don't buy from a woman sales person at ASK.

Good luck.

honda northwest are a bunch of tards.

and honda marrysville... what a joke. thats the last place i would buy any bike. they wont deal at all.

motorsports of columbus will deal. you just have to play a little hardball, give them some fake numbers form dealers you have "already been to" and they will work a deal out with you.

honda northwest are a bunch of tards.

and honda marrysville... what a joke. thats the last place i would buy any bike. they wont deal at all.

motorsports of columbus will deal. you just have to play a little hardball, give them some fake numbers form dealers you have "already been to" and they will work a deal out with you.

Are you kidding me??? Don't buy anything from Motorsports. That place sucks. Just the fact you have to take fake or even real numbers to them in order to negotiate the price is ridiculous.

Honda Northwest for the win. Rob, a sales guy up there, is awesome. The owner, Rick, is a really nice guy. CbrGirl bought her bike there, and I just bought my new bike there. Our next one will most certainly come from there also. My buddy Cooper just bought his new SV1000 from there and is very happy with it and the service he got.

I agree Motorsports of Columbus BLOWS, I would say Honda Northwest for sure...ask for michael(sales), a buddy of mine. Also Hinds is a great place. Any other dealership is corporate and sux.....

do I hear some resentment in your voice? HAHA. Michael's out right now and won't be back till this summer when his leg is healed up.

I try to not turn my feelings on local dealerships into an "IPS" thread if you will, but I did work locally in the industry for 5 years so if you'd like my opinion, feel free to PM me about it.

I will tell you that if you are just looking for the best outright price, look at Honda East in Toledo as was suggested as well as All Seasons in Wooster.

If you're looking for a fair deal and to be treated well, Northwest has a very good reputation and history.

Honda Marysville is a Honda powerhouse dealer so they only deal in Honda product for new vehicles, they may have a used GSXR which you can find out by giving them a call.

If you're looking used, check out http://www.cycletrader.com for possible buys as well as a good idea of market value for when you visit dealers to buy a used bike.

MOST IMPORTANT is to take your time and do not let anyone pressure you into buying a bike before you're ready, because buyer's remorse sucks, and no matter what people tell you, when you ride that bike off the lot, it's legally yours (you can loophole that buy trailering it home, but that's another conversation all together, and you still can't ride it)...woah off subject, sorry.

Hope that helps