Watched a Gahanna Cop wreck today

nurkvinny

I was pulling out of my work on Taylor Station Rd today at 4:05pm. This road is 1 lane each way plus a turning lane. The cop was going at least 60mph (35mph zone) East bound in the turn lane, passing a lot of East-bound cars.

Right after he went past my turnout, an old lady traveling East put her blinker on and went left into the turn lane, to well... turn left.

Cop's passenger side hit her driver side and both headed into the yard on the North side of the road. She went about 20' into the yard, the cop about 60'. It appeared he got out and wrote her a ticket (may have only been taking her info, but we was writing on something much longer than it was wide - like a ticket).

Guest 78novaman

Explains all the sirens I heard earlier.

I hate old people driving. How can you not see a police car with those bright ass LED strobes blazing away :confused:

Ticket is not enough she should have had her license suspended on the spot.

In her defense...

He was coming so fast that nobody was getting over. By the time people knew he was coming, he was already passing them. I was sitting still, with my windows down and radio off. I wasn't even sure where the siren was coming from until he blew by my intersection.

Her fault? On paper. Was he driving anywhere close to safe? No.

Either way, it was probably a once in a lifetime thing to see a cop wreck in person. It all seemed super-slow-mo. :)